Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Size of Sport300 primary and secondary injectors? - Page 2 - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Size of Sport300 primary and secondary injectors?

Jacques

• Gold FFM

It's a no-brainer that smaller balls will provide greater penetration.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Indeed, but one must be mindful that, without proper control, they may be inadvertently banged into undesirable places adjacent to the target area.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

It's much easier to change out the standard for to an after market type, and that's  just what I did. I cut the fuel rail just before the FPR and welded on an An6 "weld on fitting" onto this I connect a raising rate adjustable FPR with built in gauge via some AN 6 fittings and braided hosing all for less than a €100. At least now I can fine tune my fueling with the rest of my mods.

Ian: Ah, okay, I get your point ;)

I will certainly measure mine. The standard as well as the severely expensively one I bought.

So, I already went out and bought an adjustable kit from R&B. That demands a drilled hole in the inlet plenum chamber, and I am not willing to do that on my standard original one. So, I also went out and bought another of those, and that showed up to be something interesting. A project plenum chamber from 94'. More on that, when I fond out more.

The new one have a gauge as well.

Some sort of scheme of how much does what, would surely be nice.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This is just a maybe, as I haven't had it confirmed anywhere:

The SE/S4 may run the fuel pressure at around 3 bar at idle.

The Sport300/S4s may run the fuel pressure at around 4.3 bar at idle.

This is btw. what R&B writes in the installation manual for their adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

I installed the Sport300 fpr today and took it out for a run. Well, it's a bit hard to say, but at least the Esprit Turbo SE shoots forward pretty fast compared to before and holds boost a lot longer and with less "downtime" so to say.

So, to get to my question: I'd like to finalise this by installing the new Bosch fuel pump in the right side fuel tank. To do so, I took off the carpeted cover, and took a look. There seems to be some unbraco bolts (9) holding some sort of retaining plate, which again holds the fuel tank top cover with the two fuel hoses/tubes passing through it.

Since I have the wooden board above the aluminium fuel tank, I cannot readily access all of the bolts. How do I reach those?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

you do not need to remove bolts to remove the pump!

You only need to knock the locking ring around in the Counter Clock-Wise direction (CCW).

Use something non-sparking like wood or plastic.  Also you should spray some lubricant on the locking ring to help the o-Ring release. I used WD-40.

P7190006.JPG

• Like 2

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Super nice Travis! Thanks a ton.

I'll do that tomorrrow then.

Since I just relearned the ecm some data the other day after having installed the new ecm and turbo, do I need to relearn it again after changing the fpr and fuelpump? Or is a normal drive without first taking off the battery enough?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

@Jacques do you have a wide band Air Fuel sensor?  It can of course be dangerous to change fuel settings without one to monitor the actual A:F.

I have a PLX Devices wideband sensor, I also have a boost sensor and a dual coolant temperature sensor, all on the same gauge.

%255BUNSET%255D

IMG_4908.JPG

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• 7 years later...

I am wiring my '88 CIS Injected car with this comprehensive DIY System.

Similar, but much simpler (just SCG-1 + PL-1) is going on my S4s when I switch to Red Chip.

.IMG_2748.JPG.e3f5d522c18c46bfc19d83e0db0d585e.JPG

Any comments/suggestions?

Innovate  PSB-1 PowerSafe Programmable Boost and Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge uses LSU 4.9 Wideband oxygen O² sensor and 4-Bar MAP Sensor.

The PowerSafe gauge combine patented DirectDigital™ O² sensor control technology with application specific sensors, an OLED display, and a smart safety override circuit.

PSB-1 can disable your factory or aftermarket boost control solenoid forcing the system safely back to wastegate capsule spring nominal pressure

FEATURES:

• All-in-one, boost safety override and wideband air/fuel ratio gauge
  • 52mm (2 1/6”) diameter gauge body
  • OLED user configurable display
  • Boost, shift light, Air/Fuel ratio display
  • AFR or Lambda, inHG, PSI, kPa, or BAR
  • 4 BAR map sensor, pressure range -29 inHG to 43.5 PSI (-1 to 3 BAR)
  • User programmable boost cut safety using Air/Fuel and Pressure references
  • Boost cut by pressure
  • Boost cut by lean air/fuel condition
  • Valet mode that will temporarily hold the system at spring pressure
  • Peak hold function
  • Patented DirectDigital™ wideband sensor control, 100% digital wideband air/fuel ratio technology!
  • Wideband O2 Compatible with several fuel types (Leaded, Unleaded,  E85)
  • Ability to calibrate O2 sensor for maximum accuracy
  • Configurable linear 0-5v analog output for wideband O² for use with piggy back or stand alone ECU’s as well as external data loggers
  • MTS serial in/out port (for use with other Innovate & 3rd party MTS enabled devices to add additional logging channels)
  • 3 channels of log-able data with LogWorks PC firmware (MAP, RPM, A/F)

PL_1 Pocket Data Logger

• Records up to 32-channels of Innovate MTS compatible devices
  • Sample rate of 12 times per second
  • Logs directly to SD card (included) 2GB SD = 580 hours of recording
  • Playback log data w/ powerful LogWorks software (available for download, free)
  • Kit includes: PL-1, 2GB SD card, SD card reader, power cable, software (download), MTS patch cable 4-pin to 4-pin, MTS patch cable, 2.5 millimeter to 4-pin

The SSI-4 PLUS captures data from 4 external sensors. These sensors can be frequencies such as engine RPM and speed sensors or 0-5V references like MAP sensors and pressure transducers. The SSI-4 PLUS may be used as a stand-alone system or integrated with other Innovate Motorsports MTS products to create a log chain. The SSI-4 is also a key component of Innovate Motorsports' Modular Tuning System (MTS). Using the SSI-4 PLUS's serial ports you can daisy-chain other Innovate devices such as the MTX-L, LM-2, LC-2, and TC-4 PLUS.

MrDangerUS