Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Quick look at the Evora group buy key - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Quick look at the Evora group buy key

Stuno1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks a bit rough and ready?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

7 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Looks a bit rough and ready?

It's very good but yes you can see some machining. I can imagine some may paint it to make it smoother but then the paint will chip etc. It's nice how it is. 

I like the fact it's different and never liked the standard key personally. 

• Like 1

It's just a fookin' key for christs sake. Lol - I know I'm a heathen. A low life. A piece of no use white trash. But I did not buy a Lotus for the key...... God, and I thought I had first world problems.... Ho hum, I'm off to butcher my cork screw as although it does a fine job of opening bottles of wine, well, at the end of the day it's just a corkscrew and I never liked it even though I robbed it from the hotel room once....

It's Friday. I need a glass of vino collapso:wine:

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The grapes for my vino were trampled by the washed feet of 340 virgins from Newcastle. It was then nurtured in a vat made of pure silver. It has now been served to me in a crystal glass.

Not a peasant farmer in sight!

This is the Porsche forum, yeah....

hahahahaha.....

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Did I hear him correctly!? £175 per key fob!?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

Yeah. SLS printing isn't nearly as cheap as FDM, but produces much higher quality and resolution prints. The costs could probably be reduced by moving to injection molding, but since it's such low quantity, there'd likely be a huge penalty for a small batch. 

2 hours ago, agentdr8 said:

No more key stabbing me in the leg!

My Evora key has never stabbed me in the leg as it is either in the ignition or on the key hanger waiting for me to put it into the ignition.

The small print.

I suppose I could always leave it in the ignition to avoid the problem too, but sometimes the key has to be removed and put into my pants pocket. 

It's definitely not ideal that it's so pricey, but I like the uniqueness of it and the amount of effort @TBD put into designing and producing it, and don't mind supporting a fellow TLF member. To put it into perspective, if this were a 911 key, it would be about $500. Granted, that has a much more finished appearance, and has electronics inside, but it likely cost them less than $20 in parts to make. 

I just had to copy this picture from Lotustalk, which shows what Chad has made of my design.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1057977&stc=

attachment.php?attachmentid=1057961&stc=

attachment.php?attachmentid=1057969&stc=

• Like 2

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

How it should have been delivered, for the price.

the finish shown in other pictures/videos is very poor.

I think it is a brilliant execution Thomas and a great idea. It's not for me, as at the end of the day, a key is just a key to me, however I can see how others will like it and that's fine by me. We're all different. I mean, for crying out loud, some people even like Evora's with rear seats. I mean, what's that all about... ;)

• Like 1

The small print.

I think the perception is 3d printing is cheap. people forget the massive number of hours and the effort that goes in to design. It's worth what someone is willing to pay.

The small print.

4 hours ago, TBD said:

I just had to copy this picture from Lotustalk, which shows what Chad has made of my design.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1057977&stc=

attachment.php?attachmentid=1057961&stc=

attachment.php?attachmentid=1057969&stc=

That looks much better.

The problem is that production runs are so small.  I wonder if a 1:76 diecast model evora could be modified as a key fob with less cost?