Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of Lotus - Page 126 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

39 minutes ago, NedaSay said:

We may get the SUV announcement by this year's end. At least that's what MW has been hinting at, it would make sense

Look forward to this as it must put Lotus in the news again. I wonder how big this may be, as there was a post somewhere which suggested 3 different size SUV's could be made. And being made in China should make it more affordable - so Lotus should be able to sell them well. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

From today's Telegraph report of an interview with WIndle:

"Lotus doesn’t call it an SUV, though. Expected to be unveiled later this year, it’s a “lifestyle car” according to Windle. And he doesn’t care what Lotus traditionalists think."

How to endear yourself and sell cars?

On the other hand it's good to know where one stands............

1 hour ago, mdavies said:

"Lotus doesn’t call it an SUV, though. Expected to be unveiled later this year, it’s a “lifestyle car” according to Windle. And he doesn’t care what Lotus traditionalists think."

I don’t have a problem with that statement. I’m sure that many would rather see Lotus survive rather that fold. If they have to add a “lifestyle car” or an SUV alongside the Emira in order to survive so be it.

• Like 1

Certainly look forward to seeing what they will have to offer, hope it is no larger than  RR evoque/ Jag E-pace. Lotus dealers will need a greater range of cars to market and increase sales

The next time I'm in Bahrain...

Sudders and Dany

2 hours ago, mdavies said:

Some point-missing re my post it seems. I had thought my underlining would suffice.  Quite separately from the future existence of a SUV, about which I make no comment, my post  was intended to refer to what I regard, from someone in Windle's position, as a wholly superfluous and ill-advised comment.

Edited by mdavies

The traditionalists all seem to love the Emira and very few seem to care what it weighs. Where are all the traditionalists objecting to Lotus’s plan? To be honest I think it would be a bit healthier if there were a few more but most here won’t accept any criticism of the Emira at all. I can’t see anyone objecting to a Lotus SUV either but I’d find it reassuring if one or two did.

1 hour ago, jimichanga said:

The traditionalists all seem to love the Emira and very few seem to care what it weighs. Where are all the traditionalists objecting to Lotus’s plan? To be honest I think it would be a bit healthier if there were a few more but most here won’t accept any criticism of the Emira at all. I can’t see anyone objecting to a Lotus SUV either but I’d find it reassuring if one or two did.

Well, I'm one of those "traditional" Lotus fans who has NOT rushed out to place a deposit on an Emira. As it stands right now, I'm not likely to go for a First Edition. I think it looks outstanding, but it's not for me. The interior looks fantastic - very Germanic - but I don't want a German car, if I did, I'd be in one now instead of an Evora.  To be honest, yes, it looks fantastic the Emira (that's twice I've said that now) but to be honest every time I go in my garage and look at my 410 Sport in Fire Red, or take it out for a spin, I just think "wow", what a car.  The car is dripping in Carbon. Totally epic carbon. But then it is also a 410 Sport - not a GT430 granted, but still a pretty damn fine Lotus that was breathed on with some "specialness" and I doubt that the Emira FE, with it's big heavy heated seats, heated steering wheel, multiple cup holders, radar cruise control and whatever, will give me any more satisfaction than my current wonderful Evora.

So, for the third time, the Emira looks superb, but, why then have I been looking at McLaren's as a replacement for my Evora instead of rushing to place a deposit on an Emira? A nice 570S for instance would take my 410 Sport and move it up 2, maybe 3 notches.  An Emira FE will not do that to be honest.  I've thought about about a Fezza California T Speciale to use for a couple of years as a true GT for UK and European tours.  It wouldn't be a better drive than my 410 Sport, but I am sure it would be a superb GT car. These cars would be temporary for a couple of years until we see the more focused, more powerful lighter Emira's. Then hopefully I'll be back in the fold.  The other option is I just keep the 410 Sport for those 2-3 years and see what the Emira morphs into. If it doesn't deliver, then I can always go back to plan B with the Macca/Fezza.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The Lotus USP is excellent handling through "adding lightness". As long as that is achieved in comparison to the competition.

The alternative would be to go out and get a Lotus Seven copy.

Lotus doing a SUV was inevitable. Look how it has already transformed Aston Martin!

I'll certainly look at it and it would be one way to get the wife driving a Lotus.

I just hope it will be truly lightweight and innovative and I have no doubt it will be a looker. But at what price point?

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Look how it has already transformed Aston Martin!

Nah - this is what transformed Aston

689E8789-A379-4E4C-9244-FAC2B25AFF5C.jpeg.72e1ec741d61f4d660119bc20ca3d55b.jpeg

• Haha 2

Only here once

Yes, an exercise in to how to part people with much more money than common sense with an exorbitant amount of cash for no class.  I really do think the desperate people involved in that should be spending their Saturday nights, stripped to their waists and thrashing themselves with a scourge flogger. Whatever where they thinking? Where they thinking? Not Ulrich Bez's finest hour sure. And yet, just checking on Autotrader we still find people trying to sell 10 year old versions of the Cygnet for mid £30k!  WTF. Really? Surely no one of sound mind would buy that for that and if anyone did, they should surely have their sanity checked by the DVLA to ensure they were still fit to drive (the person, not the car as at least that gets an annual MOT!)

Discipline Whip Instrument of Penance Mortification of the image 0

The small print.

Yes it is the one off and it was an Toyota IQ, not an Aygo, was it not? - those with a high IQ bought the Toyota model at less than half the price of the Aston. The non V8 had a 0-60mph of over 11 seconds.  So apart from the one of a kind V8, the rest I think is what me and @Barrykearley are referring to. I wouldn't even have the V8 one to be honest as I bet it would be totally challenging to drive hard in anything other than a straight line with that power and ultra short wheelbase.

The small print.