Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of Lotus - Page 140 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

It seems with Geely on board, Lotus is building up its manufacturing as a competency. Matt Windle has mentioned often the increased focus on quality, and being a contract manufacturer for a large OEM like Renault will help bring more perspectives and accountability for designing and sustaining good quality. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Damn it this is exactly what i was thinking... The big difference is this time the CEO has the means  to actually do what Dany promised and is way less showy. But the parallel is unavoidable.

• Like 1

Come to think of the parallels between Lotus under DB versus JMG, PP and MW. is the absence of the Lotus brand in high profile Motorsport program. while DB got Lotus  involved in LM24 GT and LMP1, Indy 500, Formula 1...  JMG did not run any program, nor did PP and MW only did a bit of it with Extreme E and Lotus Engineering for just a season.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Dany would be proud

He is still doing it with his Ares company... Calls it "Studios".. (Kitzbühl, St. Moritz, Zürich...)never saw somebody in it nor any meaningful review of the cars... 😉 

• Like 1
For the few who know the difference

20 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

I remember when we were all asking if there actually was a marketing department at Lotus, or when Dany in the Bahaha era was the personified epitomy of poor marketing.

Really great to see how far Lotus has come here. The Evija, Emira and Eletre launches were already good, so its great to see that this kond of publicity is becoming the new standard.

Now, if the new models are just as well made ...

Only question, where is the new parts center? How many of us would love to get spare parts within reasonable delivery times?

• Like 2

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

With CTL taking over Paul Matty's treasure trove and I assume access to his niche suppliers and further investment planned, one would hope the parts situation will start to improve. 

More evidence of Lotus moving in the right direction.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone fluent in greek that can translate this press release into english (or swedish…)? I’m either getting old or I’ve been out of Lotus ownership to long to get what this is about.

• Like 2

NFTs are Non-Fungible Tokens. These are things like computer icons. You can buy them but you may not own them.

You can probably get them via brokers. One broker you may want to use is We Saw You Coming - Haha.

• Haha 2

As long as it funds a return to motorsport, I'm ok with it.  I guess next will be Lotus entering the Metaverse where we will be able to buy our Eletra virtual versions... The end is nigh...

if I over simplify things NFT's are the new Paninis stickers' book of old. I remember trading these footballers cards during school recess in my youth. they were the rage at every world cup. we all wanted to complete our teams by buying packs of 5/10/20 cards are the nearest convenience store to then only be disappointed by what was in these packs and having to go back to the school black market where we traded them for that one card of Zico, Marco Van Basten, Roberto Baggio, Lothar Matthaus (insert the one card that was missing here) that seemed to be so effing rare... Move the technology 30 years and change, and you get NFTs.

• Like 1

Right, quiet down everybody, let’s get started - I want to hear your fixes – three days and I report to the Board. And low cost, remember, very low, forget your carbon, titanium, all that,  Evora's history now, forget it ............. yes, yes, love mine too.

Ok, Gavan, what you got?  No, No, NO, Gavan, electric seats are settled, you heard marketing last week, and the week before, yes, and before and before, boy, do we hear from marketing. The seats are in, never mind the height, they're right in, yes the 12 way. Live with them – yes, both of them.

You lot think it’s tough now, better get used it, it’s only going to get worse, those batteries really weigh.............

Ok, I’ll give you a start, I’ve done the hard bit. We’ll call it a Lightweight Solution to a Heavyweight Problem.  Good, eh?!!  Tracy in media’s started on the cover graphics.  VItal, looking good is the name of the game now, you all know that, half the battle, covers all sorts of stuff.

Right, ideas. Get going. You at the end there, waving your specs, don’t often see you – what do you do, exactly? Software? Ha, lightweight all right, what, what!!  Sets the rest of us an example, doesn’t he, eh?! ……Come on then, let’s hear you.  What..... a distraction? Like the politicos?  The military?  ...... fungible? Fungible?  What do you mean? Mushrooms? .......................

Edited by mdavies
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I have just registered on Lotus website to join the future (NFT) world!

think I will be looking in the sky tonight to see the 5 planets and a view into the unknown 😳

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• Gold FFM

I think we are going to see an increase in this sort of thing (despite the NFT market currently crashing).  Salesforce are just launching a new version that can handle NFTs natively. This means most large/medium companies will be able to mint their own NFTs.

In theory it's a money printing machine as all they need to do is select how many of each level/rarity of NFT they want to sell and off they go. You can set any number at all. Margins are potentially huge so everyone will have a crack at it.

• Confused 1

One power shortage (estimated to happen next winter...) and you might think again about the value of electronic assets... 😉

For me, this is the tipical "greater fool game"... maybe it works with the gen Z and their FOMO (fear of missing out) psychosys... ow boy.. Remember the day, when you could actually buy and drive a Lotus for real! 🙂

• Like 1
For the few who know the difference