Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of Lotus - Page 38 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

Hmmm...the 'news' is just about a Birthday bash they're throwing - and although the site was supposed to go live at Noon BST it hadn't when I checked about a minute ago.

Shame no news on New Models 

25 minutes ago, KAS-118 said:

Hmmm...the 'news' is just about a Birthday bash they're throwing - and although the site was supposed to go live at Noon BST it hadn't when I checked about a minute ago.

Shame no news on New Models 

FFS - what did you expect - this has been signposted on here for about 2 months now!  Have you been reading/watching something else?

Oh well, unlike you I am delighted with it and very happy it is happening and thanks to @Bibs and the Lotus Forum for organising this.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Hmmm...are you always this polite? 🤔

As a festival apparently 'has been signposted on here for about 2 months now" and the post from Lotus seemed to be suggesting 'new' information - then I don't think its that unreasonable to assume  the 'exciting news' would be about something else  - as indeed had most people who commented on the Facebook post.

To answer your query - yes, - I do read and watch something else - I take it you don't?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I hope given th experience and expertise already at Lotus, and now being able to be accessed through Volvo, london Taxi, Geely etc. that lotus will do a rather bet job at manufacturing and forecasting than Tesla has ever done.  My big worry with Tesla is that it is a hyped up Ponzi scheme just waiting to crash. But then, i could be completely wrong.

Back to Lotus I do hope they bring back Motorsport. i do hope that they invest in the legacy and bring back/create a factory backed programme (spares and refurbs/renovations) for the older models. Jaguar, Aston Martin and others are investing heavily in this area and owners are prepared to pay to get the work done.

Having the ability to schedule a service at the factory would be superb. What better excuse for a 1,000 mile road trip for me from Scotland to Hethel than to go th factory, get my car serviced whilst I look around Team Lotus and the new (I hope) factory visitor centre with access to see the new cars being made. I'd happily create a 5 day road trip around that and get satisfaction from a "factory stamp" in my Service Book!  It needs to be about the ownership experience.  Keep current customers loyal and delighted whilst you drag in the new.

Roll on a bright future for Lotus,  but if they go all high end (and therefore expensive) I'll have to look elsewhere for my next sports car.  

Agree with you fully. I do hope that Lotus do keep an affordable option available, I purchased my first ever brand new car (Evora 400) and with current circumstances I cannot see me stretching much further than that price wise for a lonnnnngggg time.

30 minutes ago, KAS-118 said:

Hmmm...are you always this polite? 🤔

As a festival apparently 'has been signposted on here for about 2 months now" and the post from Lotus seemed to be suggesting 'new' information - then I don't think its that unreasonable to assume  the 'exciting news' would be about something else  - as indeed had most people who commented on the Facebook post.

To answer your query - yes, - I do read and watch something else - I take it you don't?

I can be very polite especially when people show awareness, but I apologise if I offended you. I don't really do Facebook so was basing my response on what was available and had been happening on here.  Your wrong re your point, I do watch and read lots of other stuff, do not spend much time on Facebook or other social media though as it's usually just full of, well, useless stuff. Quite enjoy TLF though as it's full of useful stuff and interesting stuff.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I can be very polite especially when people show awareness, but I apologise if I offended you. I don't really do Facebook so was basing my response on what was available and had been happening on here.  Your wrong re your point, I do watch and read lots of other stuff, do not spend much time on Facebook or other social media though as it's usually just full of, well, useless stuff. Quite enjoy TLF though as it's full of useful stuff and interesting stuff.

OK - I note you were 'unaware' of the FaceBook discussion - and although I queried last night on here what the 'Special Announcement' was likely to be  - and no-one said oh they're putting on a special meet just like it says on the TLF Thread @here  - you did appear to know what it was about.

I'm sure you'll agree Forums should be a place were people with a common interest should be able to discuss that interest in a cordial and friendly manner and/or learn things they don't know from people more knowledgable than them on certain matters. From other forums I've been on I've noted that some people will share their knowledge in a positive helpful manner, unfortunately others seem to get a kick from deriding people. I hope that TLF comprises the former type of people.

Its of course well worth remembering that no-one knows everything.............

I hope you enjoy the event - your car does do the brand proud. 

Edited by KAS-118
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My thought exactly. In front of an Esprit.  How interesting?  Obviously a conscious decision and not an obvious one.  Do they own the car? Is it being used to help design the new Esprit? Will a boy ever swim faster than a shark? Questions, questions.

Interesting.  

• Like 1

Sudders and Dany

A GT3 no less, sure that car was for sale recently too.

• Like 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

What about setting the points when the distributor was under the carb on the early 900 engines?

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Or nearside fuel tank swap-out with engine in stu? 

Seriously though, when I see stories about a "mid-engined F-Type" I realise that Lotus must produce a NewGen Esprit. 

• Like 1

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

I like that, its a nice design and I can see the old Esprit lines in there.  But I think it could go a bit further, needs a bit more WOW factor.  Its a little bit too subdued and would be good as a mid to high end car but I think as a halo car it needs a little more.

I thought the Dany B Esprit was a good starting point for a NewGen mid-engine design. A few other car firms obviously thought so too. 

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

• 2 weeks later...

Group Lotus plc is delighted to announce the appointment of Phil Popham as Senior Vice-President – Commercial Operations for Group Lotus and CEO – Lotus Sports Cars, effective from 01 October 2018. Phil will report to Group Lotus plc CEO, Mr Feng Qingfeng

http://www.lotuscars.com/news/corporate/lotus-appoints-phil-popham-senior-vice-president-commercial-operations-group-lotus