Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SOUP - My new series about my Series 2 - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

SOUP - My new series about my Series 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

:thumbsup: 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

It was a tough one lads, but it's getting better. I was about an hour into working on the Esprit and it all clicked. I'd spent so long preparing for the series that I'd forgotten what it was all about... and the moment I remembered a massive smile grew on my face! Meant it about the dead flies on the headlamps too, I could almost smell a drive I haven't had yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi George, 

Watched all of your videos today was super impressed loved the content and the delivery was awesome!! I also have an esprit and a classic Range Rover vogue se from 91 :)

One of the guys found your videos via another way and shared else where on Tlf and that's how I came across your channel. I have subsequently shared on a active ph thread that debates youtubers your channel.

keep up the great work!!

subbed and liked most interesting car channel barring Harry's garage that I have seen.

cheers 

Brooke

IMG_8573.JPG

• Like 2

Hey cheers Brooke, that's a lovely RRC, really smart looking. Is that Westminster grey? One of my favour colours for a LR. Is ph Pistonheads?

That's one of the best things I've heard mate, thanks! Harry Metcalfe is one of the only people I watch, he keeps it real which is the basis of what I really want to do... hence not hiding crappy welding skills :D I'll get there.

George

• Like 1

It is westminister mate she was just getting her service last week as I have been informed she is the only Land Rover classic in existence with full annual Land Rover service history :)

Sorry cant help but giver her a little plug, anyway yes it is pistonheads, there is a thread of moaners on there but a lot of YouTube audience as well as they have to consume the contents to complain.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=&t=1553217&d=13621.72063

Mate more very kind words from you on there, really appreciate it. I noticed that Shmee chap on the thread too, I'm not much for all the modern stuff but that guy gets some audience!

Yes someone pointed out that the haters are the ones who will watch your whole video. I'm hoping it doesn't go that way for me, I'm absolutely stunned I haven't attracted any yet. I'm touching the leg of the chair here! Anyway I thought I felt some pressure after Episode 1, but G. Capel and the JPS will be a hard act to follow up on.

Edit: and I thought my Vogue had a stand out service history! It was LR main for it's first 13 years and LR Indy ever since. Stg.48k in maintenance and counting!

• Like 1

I'm sure you will nail it as long as you stay true to what you are passionate about and  follow what people like about the early videos as it seems a great basis for a series.

i think anything or anyone who achieves gets people who say look how bad xyz is. So in a way hopefully you will get them as it's a sign of success but I guess the hard bit is trying to rise above them as most of the time are venting about deficiencies within them rather than what they have viewed etc.

looking forward to see what you do the with the classic along with esprit and fingers crossed for some sponsors!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, purso said:

I guess the hard bit is trying to rise above them as most of the time are venting about deficiencies within them rather than what they have viewed etc.

Philosophical and sage advice! Thanks Brooke, you're a gent.

39 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

Hi George Im not sure how I missed this thread until now! What can I say! Epic I ve only just watched the first but looking forward to the rest!

I got a pedrazzoli by the way...The electrical switches arent up to much either...

I think this '50's one runs off manliness Buddsy, no leccy switches :D Prob why it wouldn't work for me. So you have a machine shop? Anyway thanks mate, just glad you like it. 

• Like 1

Fantastic stuff George! Better content and production value than some of the tripe served up by Discovery channel in my opinion. If I was a corporate I'd be throwing some sponsorship your way. Unfortunately I'm a (poor-ish) self employed contractor. You have however, inspired me to get mine out from under it's cover this morning, push it outside and gave it it's first wash in three years. Started a list of things that need doing. Reckon I'll ease into it, pull the seats and start on the interior this weekend.  

Best of luck with your series, and will be following with interest :)

Edited by markt
  • Like 2

• Gold FFM

Really, really enjoyed this - really well put together. Also totally  inspires you to work on my car. I look forward to the next episode.

• Like 1

Very well done George, and just do it the way you want, current form or another that you'd be inspired to do. It's all about inspriration to Work on those cars, so we can get out enjoying them for what they represent and can do. So many new presenters on say youtube, but you've found your own form, and that my friend, is certainly more honest and about the urge, rather than about an ego mindblowingly inflated by it's own success. So keep doing  it in your own way, at you own pace. Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying these and hopefully forthcoming episodes, and I might add, work on my own cars and motorcycle as usual ;)

Speaking of funding, personally I'd rather throw a tenner your way (how?), than paying a gigantic Commercial multinational Company enery single month a fee for waisting my life and energy. Nah, I prefer to chose myself what I Watch and when, and support ordinary people. Other than that, I must admit that Harrys garage is absolutely one of the best. It's about attitude. Think of his Testarossa going in Sahara ;) But better that many private persons do this, rather than the above (the Funding). Thankfully, you resisted the temptation from that Company. It'll give you some Money, but it'll eat you Heart & soul out. I take it, that staying in Greece is not about being commercial, but enjoying life. Great idea of interviewing some great car personalities, and mix it up with your own Work. To see that old Greek guy in his workshop and what he represents, was far better than watching yet another 10.000.000 gbp waisted on another Porsche presentation. Authenticity and real life don't come easy. You have to live and breathe it, can't buy it.

Keep enjoying those great classic cars, a good drive and a snip of tsipouro and then some ;) 

Cheers,

Jacques.

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Ian thats great news, I've been worrying about not hitting the mark on info yet, I really want to pack in as much of the learning I've been getting from the process but it's proving very difficult. Any entertainment value is a bonus :)

Jaques I'm half Greek, I spend a couple of months a year there with family and friends and the van was supposed to be the start of a business outfitting VW buses for watersports enthusiasts. That was in 2008 and another unexpected project took me out of Greece literally over night so the bus has been partially stripped since then! I really like Harry's Garage too, its one of the only things I watch of my own accord, the rest I get suckered into by click bait lol. Harry keeps it real and that's something I can respect. (well he keeps it as real a a guy with his influence can). Saying nice things about classic Range Rovers and Lotus cars helps too :)

George

Edit> PS, if you want to pledge I'm very grateful and this is how: https://www.patreon.com/gtkar, I try an do little behind the scenes snaps there too, but I've been a little distracted to give it the more regular updates I want to.

• 2 weeks later...