Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Photobucket just nuked the internet - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Photobucket just nuked the internet

Photobucket today started charging $399 to link images from its site.  And images already linked to Photobucket are no longer viewable.  They host 1.5 billion images, many of those images were linked to forums and websites.  And there are many good threads on TFL with images hosted by Photobucket that are no longer viewable. :(.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I moved away from using Photobucket a couple of years ago when it became one annoying advert after another - and it is so much slower than my other cloud sites

However, just checked a couple of where I've posted links and the photos are still being shown.

Still showing here as well

IMG_20140804_134421_zpscaf30c9f.jpg

Having just been onto Photobucket for the first time for a while for the above - I really can't believe how crap it is, slow, and bloody adverts all over the place - so have just deleted everything from it - including the piccy above.

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

And there are many good threads on TFL with images hosted by Photobucket that are no longer viewable. :(.

Who is TFL? :P

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

:hrhr: 

Well at least I do read things.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

@Bibs won't host my pictures.....

Be fair Barry, unless Bibs got a preview, I wouldnt chance posting your photo's either. He would never know what was going to be shown.:sofa:

• Like 1

On 30/06/2017 at 21:50, Bibs said:

Our software grabs remotely linked images and they go onto an Amazon S3 server we pay for so anything posted in the last 18 or so months will never disappear from here. :)

Hi Bibs,

the Photobucket images on this page seem to show the "please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting."

Is there anyway I can edit the old posts on this thread and link the images I posted from my website or flickr instead please?

Also just been reading this.  The comments make for interesting reading.

https://petapixel.com/2017/07/01/photobucket-just-broke-billions-photos-embedded-web/

Time to find a different site then. Anyone recommend any?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Does this photobucket catastrophy have a cut off date when they remove your pictures ? 

As I checked some photos the other day after reading this thread, some of my pictures hosted by them and they are still on the Web ? 

A

• 4 months later...

I take it after reading some threads that if I come cross a box that should have a picture in it that says Photobucket, I cannot view the photo? Also I have come across more "photos" with a picture of a cat. I cannot see these photos either. Anything I can do to view them? Cheers.