Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Delco-Moraine ABS Deletion - Page 9 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Delco-Moraine ABS Deletion

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Day 1 over, and we've retired to lick our wounds.  Naturally the car has thrown us a couple of unexpected wide curves, and we're going to discuss solutions after one of Tracy's wonderful curries.  Then Ian, Kim and I will repair to The Land Of Liberty, Peace And Plenty for a couple of non-alcoholic beverages.

OK, the last bit was maybe a lie.

@internets, you coming?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

6 hours ago, skiing said:

Impressively sideways entry to Watford Exotics...

Certainly impressive, but not to Watford Exotics - at least not Head Office.  Presumably some secret mystery location?

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM

I'm coming to the realisation that the Lotus Position is not something I should be doing so much nowadays.  The worst part of this conversion is brake pedal removal for drilling, involving lengthy contortions under the dash. I'll be in pain for days...

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

To me the worse is that my forearm is a bit too long to be comfortable moving it, it's a combination of lack of comfort for the back and frustration of not moving the forearm properly.
Haven't you removed the seat?

(It's a silver frost Elan in the background, isn't it? :))

• Gold FFM

And that can't happen until the cambelt is changed. Or aborted (nooooo).  Tightest crank bolt I've ever found.  Think I'll need dynamite to shift this one...

Some info to add - hopefully this has not been repeated elsewhere - if it has - my apologies.

I was curious about replacing my ABS and power brakes with a simple old school non power brake master cylinder.  So I called the Willwood tech line.

They said - No problem, you need to adjust the pedal ratio to about 6:1 and tell us the diameter of the pistons in the calipers and we can size a master cylinder.

They also said Lotus by Claudius https://www.lotuspbc.com/home.html

Had worked with them to develop a big brake system and might have a non power assist master cylinder all worked out.

So I called them because the website is light on specifics.  They do sell a NON ABS retrofit system (power brakes) that includes Master Cylinder and everything you need to ditch the ABS.  The cost......$2500. Way out of my budget.

Anyway, I am on the list for one of the LHD brackets from this thread and looking forward to sourcing the parts to put together a system.  

I am curious though.  If anybody knows the piston diameters on a 94 Esprit (non Brembo), and the measurements on the brake pedal.  A master cylinder is only ~ $300 I might try an old school non power assist set up and see how it works.  I figure I could always switch it back out.

I enjoyed the brake feel on my old non power assist cars - I am sure it would take a bit of getting used to.