Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 63 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

• Gold FFM

Impressive job @Jedifar That’s already a unique car in terms of colour & mods.

In addition to @jimichanga comments above: If you are determined to achieve an exact GT430 match you could use high grade carbon fibre effect vinyl film for both the roof & mirror caps. (The actual 430 mirrors are not real carbon and are vinyl skins. The mirrors are a long-standing irritation for owners as the rest of the carbon parts are so good). Might be tricky to get a convincing match, but a hell of a lot easier than taking the roof off.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Congratulation's on what you've achieved with your car. 

Just to direct you if you weren't aware to the home page of this site, Lotus US have got quite good discounts on the Evora Carbon Fibre panels, plus other parts - these discounts are not available over here in UK. 

Also here in the UK is the Bell & Colvill owned DeRoure Lotus Parts online catalogue https://www.bellandcolvill.co.uk/deroure.  You navigate to the specific models and then can view the factory parts lists and diagrams - be aware that most things are listed but not all are remotely available.  It's always worth a call or email to them to check first if they are stocked or on back order from Lotus.  

Given the current climate and situation at the factory building Emira its likely that Lotus won't necessarily hold 'old' stock or replace it.  Hence the clearance of US based parts ?

Good luck,

Edited by OakMan
Spelling
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A bit of research help:

Would appreciate if UK owners of GT430’s please quote their first date of registration the current rate of road tax please. There’s a discussion on FB Evora owners and seems to be a large discrepancy in RFL fee paid.

Only GT430’s please 

thanks Danny

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

Danny,

Just got my tax renewal, tax expires at end of Sept, 6 mths will cost £313.50, 12 mths £407.50. This is due to my car going  down to the lower rate tax (ie the extra 390 pa for the first 5 years after the first year. )  So from the next renewal will be just £180 plus any future general increase. It's 7 months at the combined rate and 5 at the reduced.

DVSA says for my car

Additional Rate applicable until  30 April 2024 Car registered on 11 May 2018.

This change will apply to all cars registered after  April 1st 2017   

see

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables

So my previous Evora S will be at a much higher rate of tax until it goes to 0 when it's 40 years old.

On 26/08/2023 at 14:23, TomE said:

Some GT430 fun from a recent trip to the Island of Man.  The Sloc is a famous hill climb in the south west of the island.  I need to sort a better microphone!

I hate travelling facing backwards. Always makes me feel travel sick 🤮

@DDubya our GT430 was 5 years old July this year, it’s now approximately £290 a year, not at home so unable to confirm exact figure. HTH

Although having read Keith’s reply above his does sound correct with his justifications

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• 2 weeks later...

Will be interesting what this 430 achieves in what is a struggling used car market at the moment ?

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2018-lotus-evora-gt430-1

• Gold FFM

Hope you are well Scotty & the Macca is still giving you a buzz.

Agree it’s not a good time to be selling at present for obvious reasons. Even exotic, usually much sought after stuff isn’t shifting unless priced well below previous market average prices. Particularly applies on auction sites.

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see. I'd only sell on Collecting Cars if I was not bothered about getting a trade price. 

It seems a totally wrong platform for a 430. 

The Sport 410 sold as a buy it now. Now listed with a dealer for £10k more....I think they will struggle with that. 

Justin

42 minutes ago, blindside said:

Hope you are well Scotty & the Macca is still giving you a buzz.

Agree it’s not a good time to be selling at present for obvious reasons. Even exotic, usually much sought after stuff isn’t shifting unless priced well below previous market average prices. Particularly applies on auction sites.

Hi Jimmy, yes the Macca still meeting and on some ocasiones beating my expectations it’s a very capable car. Will be back in a Lotus at some point, a 430 would be a very tempting car to get back into the brand, they have to be a very hard car to value as they don’t come up for sale that often. With the economic climate we are in at the moment anyone in the market for the best modern Lotus made to date this car could be the best opportunity to buy one?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Will be interesting what this 430 achieves in what is a struggling used car market at the moment ?

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2018-lotus-evora-gt430-1

Particularly as it looks like it's been driven hard a lot (475 upgrade, cracked disks and replaced exhaust gaskets!) and quite possibly a big off (stone chips everywhere and replaced wishbones!).

Love the colour, but this one's been for sale unsuccessfully quite a few times, no?

• Gold FFM

Accurate summary @EGTE Definitely no garage Queen. It’s been driven hard which will clearly impact price. No surprise that it ends up on an auction site. Probably going to end up with another niche dealer at a bargain basement price who can hang on until the market picks up again.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

It’s a tricky one with these cars isn’t it Jimmy.  They’re built as a road to track car like a GT Porsche.  The latest RS models are seemingly now criticised for being too track biased !  Leaving a ‘standard’ GT3 / 4 as the road to track day version.  Forgetting the Porsche GT product unobtanium tax 😉

When people use them for what they’re designed for it then can cause concern for potential buyers.  

The same must be thought about Exige models which are unashamedly road to track, a lot of owners of those seem to modify them to even higher levels.  

4 hours ago, EGTE said:

replaced exhaust gaskets!

The KT475 kit deploys new manifolds so would this not account for that?

The car has been used a lot, I believe the first owner did track it and did some European Road Trips with it. When I last saw it around 2 years ago iirc at Knockhill track the sail panel had cracked, a common problem and not necessarily down to neglect/type of use.

So it seems that, on here, the view is that the pinnacle of the Evora's should be restricted to being a garage queen and used for the occasional Sunday morning coffee and back roll run. Such a shame that by using a car the way Lotus intended it seems to put people off the car.  I'm sure I remember the first owner was fanatical about servicing the car etc. So whilst it was well used it was also properly looked after, I believe.  I also thought it had been PPF'd but might be very wrong there.

I am sure the chips and cracked discs will be reflected in the price, but not sure that if the price is right there is anything here to worry about. Or, are we saying the GT430 is a fragile beast?

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, EGTE said:

Particularly as it looks like it's been driven hard a lot (475 upgrade, cracked disks and replaced exhaust gaskets!) and quite possibly a big off (stone chips everywhere and replaced wishbones!).

Obviously I know a bit of recent history on the car.  It's been enjoyed, done a couple of trackdays.  It's not had an off, the wishbones had to be replaced due the balljoints not being individually replacable, you have to buy a complete arm from Lotus.  Ditto the radiators at the front are hugely prone on the newer style clamshells because Lotus fitted the mesh grilles tight up against them, so they don't really protect from stone imacts much at all.  Seen all this on garage queens also.

Dave

• Like 2

Good info, thanks Dave.  I put extra mesh grilles on my car for just that reason.

I'm not put off myself by its condition (now I know more about the wishbones, anyway); I prefer a well-serviced, well-used car to a garage queen. However, 430s are in Ferrari-money territory and many of those in that market just want cars that never move(d).

Definitely one to watch.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

So it seems that, on here, the view is that the pinnacle of the Evora's should be restricted to being a garage queen and used for the occasional Sunday morning coffee and back roll run. Such a shame that by using a car the way Lotus intended it seems to put people off the car. 

WTF? How did that assumption creep into the mix Andy. Pretty sure a number are tracked regularly based on historical input to this group. It is in large part what I bought my car for. The comments about the empire green 430 just reflect a reality check on its apparent condition. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, blindside said:

WTF? How did that assumption creep into the mix Andy. Pretty sure a number are tracked regularly based on historical input to this group. It is in large part what I bought my car for. The comments about the empire green 430 just reflect a reality check on its apparent condition. 

Ha. Hi Jimmy. I was referring to what I perceived or assumed to be negativity from some re the fact the car had been used hard...

Everyone has different perspectives and I know you are one of the ones who "drives" their cars and really enjoys driving them. No offence meant bud.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Just have to use the term “garage queen” in any context to bring out the attack dog in you Andy. 😂

• Haha 1