Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Time to start explaining - Page 34 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Time to start explaining

• Gold FFM

Front tops off, all ball joints split and off.

front bottoms are seized in the bushes - nuts off - but won’t come out. Soaked in farmyards release agent.

rears - top links off - bottoms - nuts off - links seem very stuck. Again left to soak.

i feel a real grinder session coming on tomorrow

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Tomorrow I will cut off the rest...... but happy with the progress whilst listening to the French whop the Argies on the radio

5636E2A0-DCFE-47ED-8F3E-80C2E5ACA083.thumb.jpeg.6b80b9ee3cc2afed353297dee7f43868.jpeg4F1C5AFC-DA89-49BF-920F-35C63C806A1F.thumb.jpeg.a1c2ed428e7a68a37bab041738589860.jpegDDAFD60A-DDA7-4C3E-A419-B1730A9C3D89.thumb.jpeg.3bb61e62ca3f8bffab88843b23a4384f.jpeg635DB04E-CD14-43D1-9B3B-05F15A9627EF.thumb.jpeg.617340101477e5ca2452ebaad6a19eb9.jpeg

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I have nice new non sj ones - as decent ones were cheaper.

as were track rod ends and lower ball joints

Only here once

• Gold FFM
44 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

I have nice new non sj ones - as decent ones were cheaper.

as were track rod ends and lower ball joints

Have you got a link for the lower ball joints and track rod ends Barry, these are the last bits I need, oh and where is the best place for rear wheel bearings,

• Gold FFM

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F282538426437

@Steve V8 - lowers I will let Ian unveil once over measured them and confirmed what they are

• Like 1

Only here once

5 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Hope you got some decent top ball joints. The ones I got from SJ only lasted a measly 4,000 miles, so I’ve fitted QH ones now.

I am surprised you put that mileage on them....or it may be the fact that you strip your car down so many times you wore them out...:sofa:  :P

• Haha 1

A

I think I’m in the minority as I actually drive my car as much as possible. I bought it, four years ago and I’ve covered about 9,000 miles since then.

7 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F282538426437

@Steve V8 - lowers I will let Ian unveil once over measured them and confirmed what they are

Eh?

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Sorry Alan will be confirming !! 

I struggled to get 1800 miles on my S4 between last May and now - not helped by having smashed a gearbox and pulling the lump out - oh and buying a knacker to put back together. Still that’s a lot more miles than many V8s go isn’t it @Chillidoggy

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Having woken up this morning - my body aches everywhere - it hurts.

i ain’t doing this again - I’m not even sure I can face more punishment today

• Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Now my hands are sore and bruised.

lower links are out though. Back off to cut the remainder of the front off. 

• Like 1

Only here once

Way to go  Barry my hero .....Do you fancy a nice weekend in Devon .Got a few jobs lined up for  your good self . Mrs B asked if you were available .....Mike

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, cbclotus said:

. Mrs B asked if you were available .....Mike

My body is broken...... I can’t go on....

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Only a real Esprit owner knows the pain involved in this picture

10BD679C-EC96-4623-9D0D-20A4C5F74B6B.thumb.png.ee0f7cb1ea31ed04a57c4e2eb2594a32.png

Now all at Nobbys for sand blasting in the morning

Im awaiting food after a scrub up 84FCA358-F5BE-4AF1-BD42-230E874E9124.jpeg.41bee65f833ed99db7a41ba176d48592.jpeg

• Haha 1

Only here once

17 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I will sort a verynear in the morning and measure......

Get out of that bloody bath and back in the garage with your measuring thingy!

• Haha 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)