Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 42 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

Left the car in front of some friend to pick up something and by the time I came back 2 women one a stroll stopped to look and one of them came to tell me: “Wow, just wow. Your car is is just so beautiful.” 

Clearly made her day and mine.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Had a couple of the major companies dealing with installing bedroom furniture coming to house to offer quotes. 
one chap who was a petrolhead spent 15 mins before knocking on the door gazing around the Evora 

later he asked me about it and mentioned he had looked at a Noble a few years back but never considered the Evora.

after chatting he was going to look again as his interest in the Evora was more positive than the Noble 😀

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, Cdm2018 said:

later he asked me about it and mentioned he had looked at a Noble a few years back but never considered the Evora.

That’s because of the twin turbos 👍

Only here once

54 minutes ago, Cdm2018 said:

he had looked at a Noble a few years back but never considered the Evora.

May be he had seen it on wheeler dealers.

As mentioned before by many Evora has gone a tad under the radar ?

in some way I kinda like that ! 

I think he also looked as Noble a local company for Leicestershire but he didn’t realise that lotus did a larger car than Elise ? 

When I had a yellow Sports Racer I had a number of instances.  But my real favourite was when approximately a 4 year old child stop dead in his tracks and pointed at the car. Mouth wide open.  It just great to see a child look at a car with such amazement. 

I get looks in my Elise but its very different.  You can see that the Elise is still very pleasing to see but the Evora did something quite spectacular in people moods.  I sure it actually lifted peoples sprit and made people smile. 

It's strange most exotic cars I get the feel can create envy but the Lotus doesn't do that.  I have no experience in another high performance cars so I be interested to hear from others on here - EG if they get different looks in a Porsche to a Lotus.

• Like 1

All the Best

Greg

Sports cars and even supercars are relatively common now. Cheap finance, multi-car ownership, reliability (compared to years gone by), ramped up production by manufacturers etc..etc.. I am not surprised the public are less interested. 

My first Elise in '98 caused quite a stir from strangers. Evora NA always seems to get looks (esp in Europe).

Shiny paint, stripes and gold wheels is another way to ensure you get stared at.

Justin 

9 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

There will always be exceptions (particularly kids), but I would say the adult public in general are getting less interested in sports or super cars as the years go by. It’s just another vehicle on the road to many of them

Not from my experience, I get many compliments from 'mature folk', aka old fogeys...  but mine is a Launch Edition that I personally think is much nicer to look at than later variants.  A lady said the headlamps and rad' intake on mine looked like a smiley face and made her smile too ...

• Like 2

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

Poor form!  Should have said "hop in anyway and I'll take you for a spin, it'll make my day...." lol....

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Had good and bad reactions

The bad was a chav walking his dog spitting at it whilst parked up on the drive, I caught it on the ring camera.  I just don't understand that type of mentality.

However, the good vastly outweighs the bad with lots of enthusiasm, a woman and her children came onto our drive and took a couple of photos of her two excited boys in front of the car.  I gave them a cheery wave and all was good with the world.

car.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, windymiller said:

ya tell me all this now and mines now away being tinkered with !!! 🙄

Yeah, but what about your Evora?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Sad but true.

• Sad 1

The small print.

50 minutes ago, Bruss said:

In the UK more particularly for some reason.

your right there sadly, seemingly elsewhere ppl who do well are championed !!! so i kinda know a lad who sold his company for 1.5 billion (three founding members) hes younger than me (git) slimmer (doesnt take much) and far smarter (takes even less) saw him at a local party (i was ok drinking) had to shake his hand and simply state what a delight it was to see him do so well and what a role model he was and could be to so many younger business peeps and his face just lit up with a wonderful smile, i guess just because i shared his delight and good fortuune rather than berate him (still hate him of course as he is a complete petrol head too !!!) i jest of course and he had an evora so must be a good soul !!!  

so my saturday run in the evora has been buggered but maybe super seeded by a run over to dads farm in the knew secret lotus / vauxhaul project vehicle the eviro !!! (a lotus van ??)

• Like 1

On 29/04/2021 at 08:56, Greg | ValetPro said:

EG if they get different looks in a Porsche to a Lotus.

I doubt porsches get any looks at all, unless it’s something very special and then only by the few that can tell the difference between one and another. 

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

5 hours ago, electro_boy said:

I once had a errr lets say more mature lady come up to me while in the car and say "If I were 30 years younger, I would have already jumped in your passenger seat and let you take me for a spin! (with a wink)" 

☺️ I didn't know what to say and just blushed back at her and said thanks!  😂 

60 is new 30 so why not ???? 🤫

you say that i was at a funeral todaY and a lady near by kept looking at me and im thiunking "actually" your kinda fit but then im thinking shes probably 60 ?? but in my defence she was a very fit 60 and well im physically 53 but mentally 23 ?? 🙄

• Haha 2