Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
World Cup - Page 2 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

World Cup

Bibs

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!

Not loving the hangover on a school day though.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Congratulations to England, really enjoyed watching this match. I was very surprised at the vitriol and level of dirty play by the Colombians. I also heard that Harry Kane was confronted in the tunnel by one of the Colombian coaching staff

Ironically Colombia started playing much better after they stopped all the nonsense and histrionics. I guess their Coach is to blame for starting them off down that road.

One thing I notice each time England goes on a bit of a run at a Championship is how many women suddenly jump on the bandwagon and take a fleeting interest in football, both in the media and public at large. Of course, as soon as it's all over they'll all go back to bitching about Love Island!

Did not enjoy that penalty shoot-out one bit, I was convinced Dier would miss, really don't rate him anywhere near good enough for the England team.

Colombia's behaviour was absolutely disgusting... but England should be careful. I know we've been accused of being "too nice", but I'd rather that than them get involved. 

Henderson, when gently knocked on the chin (should have been a red card), grabbed at his face, it just then throws his own credibility into doubt. Also Harry Maguire was getting too involved and making the VAR symbol which is a pet peeve of mine. Harry Kane was the best example, particularly before his penalty, pick up the ball, walk away.

I think Southgate should start Loftus-Cheek instead of Alli, he just doesn't look fully fit and isn't making an impact.

• Gold FFM

We're going to my daughter's wedding anniversary BBQ this afternoon.  Following England's last win, my son-in-law has set up a huge widescreen in his garden and invited all his mates round to watch the footie.  There may be some discord...

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Either way, I'll be enjoying myself at the bar. 

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Fair enough but you have to agree that something very WEIRD is going on....we've had a proper winter with real snow and everything, we're now remembering what the Sun looks like and having a near Drought AND England are doing well at international Sport.....

.....have I slipped into some sort of parallel universe? I'm keeping an eye out for @Buddsy just in case..:)

• Haha 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

39 minutes ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Fair enough but you have to agree that something very WEIRD is going on....we've had a proper winter with real snow and everything, we're now remembering what the Sun looks like and having a near Drought AND England are doing well at international Sport.....

.....have I slipped into some sort of parallel universe? I'm keeping an eye out for @Buddsy just in case..:)

No, I think it’s just cyclic. Including England’s fortunes in the World Cup!

Don’t anyone get the impression I’m a miserable bastard, far from it, and I wouldn’t want to deny anyone watching football if that’s what they want to do, but it seems to take over the whole place, you can’t get away from it. Last week we were invited to dinner at a restaurant, and they had a bloody TV screen in there showing the last England game. Couldn’t hear myself think for the noise, and some of the invitees were so pissed, they had to leave before they were sick (which they were on exiting the ressie), and never ate any of the nice food laid on.

On a brighter note, we went out to do the shopping earlier and it was brilliant, the car park at Tesco was empty, as was the store, so it wasn’t all bad news!

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Chaps I genuinely think we can win it. 

So to sum up my day today, it started off with changing the battery in the Elan, which caused a lot of swearing trying to hold up the roof and the roof cover and the fact getting a 13mm socket in there which is just at the right angle to make it f*&kimg awkward. So hot and bothered wife comes out and says, “ Mum (she is 88) has had a fall in the shower” 

“Ok honey let’s get over there, I will take the van you take the car as one will be easier to get in than the other” 

tell the current Mrs E to just go, I will lock up the house and see you there, turn up at mother in laws house, no wife! I had left at least 10 mins later, panic! Finally wife turns up get mother in law into car which wasn’t easy and off to hospital. 

It now gets to 2pm in A and E and I am thinking football, selfish? Yes. So the current Mrs E says do you want to go? I am out of there in a minute call an Uber who is 10mins late. 

Uber chap then manages to take the wing mirror off on a width restriction and has plastic seat covers so sweating like a sweaty thing. 

It is now 2.30pm I have got to pick the van up get some beer and get back home at 3pm. So Uber Hamilton comes off the roundabout but misses the turning which means we have to go up the A20 to the next turn off. 

Finally get the van, so foot flat to the floor get to the local Nisa buy beer see my son who is out on his bike with about 10 of his mates in there, it is sort of embarrassing seeing your Dad apparently so bugger off. Arrive on the drive, and I am not making this up at 5 to 3. Put hand on door or the van, phone goes from previously embarrassed son, “Dad I have got a puncture” At this point I need a chainsaw but got over it. Go pick son up miss first 5 mins. 

Now got mother in law at our house with fractured shoulder and currently moving beds down stairs 

come on England 

• Like 1