Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Festival 2018 - Page 27 - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

14 hours ago, MPx said:

Yep...Lionel was at both 50th and 60th and the 40 years at Hethel do and the Lotus Esprit Forum Factory day and the Brand Hatch day for the 50th and....

Turbo Esprit first reg 1/1/86.

Mike, is your Esprit called Lionel? Love it! 

17 hours ago, andyj007 said:

anyone attending the 70th in the same car that attended the 60th and 50th (assuming there was a 50th)  if so what was it?

I was in my Esprit turbo for these and the 40th.

Based on the letter it looks like Lotus is forcing me to choose the child I like the best, and leave the rest of the family at home. I'd be interested in the logic; its not like we would be taking up additional car space all travelling together.  Not particularly family friendly either. 😔

18 hours ago, andyj007 said:

anyone attending the 70th in the same car that attended the 60th and 50th (assuming there was a 50th)  if so what was it?

Yes - Excel Celebration

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gm77 said:

@Bibs do you know if it’s OK for me to bring the whole family? 

Sorry Greg - It's a ticket per person (inc children) and a max of 2 people per car. I know as much as you that Lotus have been making 4 seaters for many years, but this is required to manage the number of people on site.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

1 hour ago, Gm77 said:

Based on the letter it looks like Lotus is forcing me to choose the child I like the best, and leave the rest of the family at home. I'd be interested in the logic; its not like we would be taking up additional car space all travelling together.  Not particularly family friendly either. 😔

From everything that's been said before I think it's too limit the number of people onsite. Maybe safety restrictions or similar?

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Sorry Greg - It's a ticket per person (inc children) and a max of 2 people per car. I know as much as you that Lotus have been making 4 seaters for many years, but this is required to manage the number of people on site.

Understood Bibs - not your fault I know. 

Greg

• Gold FFM

We know how it is Bib's. When we organize our shows (read that as Wendy) many of the show grounds stipulate how many get in and how many people per car, as well as closing dates. Hence SWMBO is very strict with our club members in getting their applications in on time. Guaranteed, every year we get the same comments, Why cant I get my car in, why can't I get more than two people. We don't set the rules, we like you have to abide by them, like them or not.

Hopefully we will have word of our tickets tomorrow.

Well done for getting it done anyway.

51 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Did you see my blood, sweat and tears on the envelope? :lol:

If it's any consolation I'm keeping the envelope as well..... I could I throw it away after all that TLC you've put into it....🤣

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, MPx said:

They all have names Kathryn ...the M100 is Eleanor 😉

My M100 is Elsie my  Esprit is The Beast and my GTE is Eva!

• Like 1