Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 231 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

2 minutes ago, philnotts said:

This GT410 Sport was listed around the 15th November for about 60k if I can remember correctly.

I would guess the 2+0 and cream interior may put some off, even though I think its quite nice! It's probably priced about right now considering the mileage?!

Agreed - I think this is priced to sell, especially given the colour combo restricts the potential buyers. If you don’t mind +0 and cream interior it’s good value. 

Re depreciation of 400s - I don’t think they’ll move too much whilst Emiras are still so hard to get hold of. If the market was flooded with nearly new Emiras at £10k off list it might be a different story - that would squeeze down 410s, which would squeeze down 400s and so on.  Until then, I think the current value ‘stack’ of models will remain broadly similar to how it is now, subject to the fluctuations caused by larger market forces affecting all cars of the type. 

Prices have softened quite a bit from their highs of the middle of last year, and with all Evora models from the original ones through to the 400s and 410s.

There are a few 400s that have been on sale for many months e.g. the black one at Silverstone at 53k (that started out at 57k last April) so it will be interesting to see how long it will be before 400s drop to a price that people will be willing to pay, somewhere in the 40s possibly.

There's this one at sub £45k + the car that was recently purchased by randomusernameon on here recently I think was also similar money from memory, ( forgive me if im erong )...Both from dealers so there's a profit margin in there too..

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202212082381944?advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=LS16 9JP&model=Evora&sort=price-asc&page=2&make=Lotus&include-delivery-option=on&percentVehiclePriceDeposit=true

• Gold FFM

I think a bit of winter price depression and a bit of finance squeezing is going on at the moment slowing down car sales in general. Might actually be not a bad time to hoover something up at a decent price.

My thought when I was looking was that I wanted an NA Evora, if I wanted to get back into a faster car in the future then I could buy a different Evora and the relative prices would likely be the around the same so no loss in owning one whatever happened. Spoiler alert: So far, I don't want a faster one.

• Like 2

Indeed...£2k knocked off this today.., ( and £500 off the white one at car barn )

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202301133228235?advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=RG121HA&sort=datedesc&page=1&price-from=500&make=Lotus&include-delivery-option=on&percentVehiclePriceDeposit=true

Probably not surprising as it's been on for some time...No doubt the matte black paint is putting mot people off..

I'm in the process of looking for a S1 Evora and am struggling to choose between NA and S.  Is it really worth the c. £10K price differential?   Anyway I'm off to see the Evora S that Caffyns in Lewes have in stock (see - 2013 Silver Lotus Evora 3.5 V6 S Euro 5 2dr for sale for £37,499 in Lewes, East Sussex (autotrader.co.uk).  I am not so sure about the fact that it has been "de-badged" at the rear, has a carbon fibre wrapped roof plus carbon fibre scoops on the engine air intakes.  Does this tell me anything about the previous ownership that I should worry about.  Anyone on here with knowledge of this car - or have an opinion on it.  Getting to compare it against a NA car is a bit of a challenge as I don't know of anything nearby (West Sussex).

Any input appreciated

I don’t know the car personally, but I’d say those features are just cosmetic taste additions - and can always be reverted. Judge the car on how you find it - and if the condition is good (including things like tyres/brakes etc) and history stacks up then no reason not to go for it!

Ideally you do need to drive both an NA and an S to get a sense of which is right for you - I drove several NAs before my S, and whilst they were a very sweet package, I found the extra grunt of the S (and slightly firmer set up) suited my tastes better. Horses for courses - the value premium on an S isn’t usually £10k but there’s often fewer of them on the market so can be hard to compare like for like.

A clean 13 plate NA on 35k mileage and in a good colour combo would probably be £32-33k minimum at a dealer, so the price difference is more like £5k IMO.

Best of luck in your viewing!

• Gold FFM

Yeah, you need to try them both and work out where your priorities sit. Everyone will have a different taste so it's difficult to advise which you should go for. There's an Evora for everyone...

• Like 1

Interesting...I believe there's some conjecture as to whether post 2012 updates really add much but either way I guess its hard to tell whether they all feature on a model like this. I notice looking at the buyers guide on here recently that the updates are pretty subtle..

Can you advise which element of the seats are pre 2012, ( the seat itself or colour etc )?

Thanks

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202211241966377

These are the MY12 interior features. Different seats and other interior changes.

The Lotus Sussex S is probably MY11, registered late. I had a 2013 registered S but it was built 2011. 

It does affect the value as some buyers want a MY12. 

Justin 

Thanks Justin - that is very interesting as I couldn't fathom how the Sussex S was priced at the same level as the 2 white cars that are both 2011 versions (Car Barn & Roberts Hill).  Clearly the dealer has twigged that it is an earlier build without the MY12 changes. I'll look carefully at the documentation to see what it says.

• Like 1