Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 255 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I’m wondering if anyone has any insight on Sports Racer values and the effect of colour and mileage.

There are several examples on the market at the moment:

2015 S in blue with 11kmiles @ £45k, private sale

2015 S in grey with 12k miles @ £45k, private sale

2015 S in yellow with 23k miles @ £45k, private sale

2015 S in grey with 40k miles @ £40k, dealer sale with 12 months Lotus warranty 

Is the mileage such the killer for the grey one, or simply are the others overpriced?

I think the dealer price reflects 12 month warranty as others are private sales you take the risks ? 
personally unless I know the private buyer ie on the forum and have a good sense of what Evora history is like I tend to go to a dealer and have the safety net of 12 month warranty given the amount of expenditure involved 

Late Series One Evora hold a special appeal. The pure shape of the original and the youngest available. 

A low miler is hard to find, so I understand any seller wanting strong money. 

The £40k car looks good value - except it is not a S. It is 276bhp. Rare car. The warranty is worth at least £1k if not £2k. Effectively it is £38k and it will be properly prepared (we hope). If you intend to use it (at least 6000 miles pa), that warranty is useful. However, once that car has 60k+ mileage, it may suffer a bit in value, so if you do clock on the miles, it may depreciate to £32k, remembering it's a 276bhp car not a S. 

The two low milers: if you take them to 30,000 miles, they'll probably depreciate more than the £40k, 40,000 miler taken to 60,000. If you hardly use the low milers, they'll hold their value AOTBE. 

The yellow one sounds a bit toppy. 

You may be better off buying a grey 2010 car with all the big jobs done 🙂. See TLF classified 😁

Justin 

• Like 1

Prices right now still surprise me to be honest. With a sluggish market and Emiras available in the 60's, you'd think Evoras would be starting to drop a little more? I appreciate existing owners might not agree!

Anyway, FWIW as a benchmark from the past I paid £31k for a 46k mile N/A Sports Racer in a private sale back in 2018. It was a pretty good one too.

It left me in 2020 for £27.5k with 66k miles on the clock. It was hard work selling it, even then you'd think a Sports Racer under £30k would fly out of the door but as with my Elise S1 it took a while before a genuine buyer came along.

On 17/10/2023 at 23:55, Giveitfish said:

Prices right now still surprise me to be honest. With a sluggish market and Emiras available in the 60's, you'd think Evoras would be starting to drop a little more? I appreciate existing owners might not agree!

Anyway, FWIW as a benchmark from the past I paid £31k for a 46k mile N/A Sports Racer in a private sale back in 2018. It was a pretty good one too.

It left me in 2020 for £27.5k with 66k miles on the clock. It was hard work selling it, even then you'd think a Sports Racer under £30k would fly out of the door but as with my Elise S1 it took a while before a genuine buyer came along.

Edited by superdavelotus

2015 Persian blue S sports racer with 11k miles just added to autotrader for a whopping £48,995. Owner was selling the car a few weeks ago on Facebook for £45k. Not sure if the dealer will have bought it or this will be on a sale or return. Either way that feels like big money.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202310183123772?sort=relevance&advertising-location=at_cars&include-delivery-option=on&make=Lotus&model=Evora&page=1&postcode=cv239bu&fromsra

Thanks Bibs - yes was my daughters car & have the main parts to repair if anyone needs them.
I did tell Copart but they didn't bother to reply! 🙄

On 17/10/2023 at 22:17, jep said:

Late Series One Evora hold a special appeal. The pure shape of the original and the youngest available. 

I think the interior is a big plus for the SR too - although the same Recarro seats as the earlier cars, the revised leather treatment and red piping really lift them above the early cars.

I have to say I think the S1 Evora shape is aging beautifully - I was at Hendy Southampton yesterday and as much as I was drooling over the Emira, I don't think I could move the Evora on for one even if I could afford to.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Nelly said:

I think the interior is a big plus for the SR too - although the same Recarro seats as the earlier cars, the revised leather treatment and red piping really lift them above the early cars.

Those seats are the Premium Sport option, introduced with the MY12 upgrades and before the SR's came about. The SR added the alcantara panels to the dash/door/centre console trim. The PS seats were unchanged.

• Like 1

Sport Racer trim is ace especially the seats but personally I don't like the automotive suede used on dash etc...

Early car with cocobolo or paprika mixed with black leather is the best of any Evora. 🙂

Pre-400 Evora profile is indeed aging well but it looked spectacular when new too. 400 did Evora no favours looks-wise.

Justin 

Yes I was aware they were an option on earlier cars but the fact all SR cars have them is a big plus for me.  I can take or leave the Alcantara.  Whether that puts them at such a premium over non SR cars is another matter, they have been mid late £40ks for a while now.

I actually preferred the 400 over the S1 when it came out, but I am completely the other way now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Junks said:

Thanks Bibs - yes was my daughters car & have the main parts to repair if anyone needs them.
I did tell Copart but they didn't bother to reply! 🙄

Was the car an insurance write off? I can't even see any damage! 

Not really a write off, it was a CAT U (unrecorded), they couldn't find anyone to repair cheaply enough but never actually managed to get an estimate so because it had taken so long they made an offer to my daughter
It needed a new sill (or repair), a new rear clam (or repair), lower rear wishbone & wheel but it also had a few other problems after the accident, ABS & Airbag lights were on & the seat belt would retract properly & the pass door wouldn't open from the outside.

• Like 1

Yep. It appears to be a low miler, which helps but to pay near £22k for a damaged car when you can have a FSH clean one for circa £25k, with of course more miles, seems bizarre. The potential profit is I suppose the motivation but that seems risky to me.

Justin 

I would have said they are buying it for themselves rather than profit, I must have repaired well over 20 Lotuses in my life & I don't think I've ever bought one for profit. That's not to say I haven't made money on them but always bought either for myself or a friend - that way you're not going to be disappointed ;)

• Like 2

Plenty of folk who like dirt under the fingernails. I don't but good luck to them. 

When I see a wreck of an Excel getting £5k, yet I struggled to get £10k for my sorted genuine 66,000 miler, I do wonder. 

Justin 

Finally found myself a 400, if anyone interested/looking or thinking of selling, these are the 400s I followed whilst searching.   I was looking sub £50k so no low mileage garage queens.  Was sorely tempted by the Red manual first advertised in April but Mrs Mellow was dead against Red and I wasn't keen.  Was on the market until very recently, shows how difficult it is to sell privately at this price point; not many punters with even £30k prepared to buy private unless you seriously undercut the trade.  White IPS at Jn17 now looking like a bargain.  Gutted to miss out on the NF Blue 2018 car but came up when I was overseas.  Moved too slowly on the orange one, didn't think the vendor would drop enough for me but when I called it'd just been sold for what I was prepared to pay.  

Impressed with the 400.  Never felt the S really needed impoving but 400 is better in many ways.  As for the looks vs S, I think I prefer the 400 slightly but I think the front end on GTE and GT muh better than either.

image.png.301df8e1cf525a1e35065702152c38ac.png

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 20/10/2023 at 19:55, exeterjeep said:

See Hendy Exeter now have 2 Evora's in stock.

Which is why they probably haven’t got back to me with part-ex figure on my Sports Racer I’ve been asking for and trying to get for 6-7 weeks now from them.

• Sad 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

12 minutes ago, mayevora said:

Which is why they probably haven’t got back to me with part-ex figure on my Sports Racer I’ve been asking for and trying to get for 6-7 weeks now from them.

I don't think they would  have known Russell's one was coming in 6-7 weeks ago....

24 minutes ago, mayevora said:

Wait, what?! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.