Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 266 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

The yellow and red looks superb. Congratulations @KennyN for not being a dumbass sheep and following the crowd. Respect, Sir.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, superdavelotus said:

What sort of price is he looking for his?

I don't know; I believe it's mileage is circa 60,000 miles so ought be towards the lower end of the 400's price scale.

60k miles is hardly high mileage for what will likely be a 7 year old car. It'll just be fully run in by then...

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

For a run of the mill car yes but for cars like Lotus and cars being resold, they usually average 5-6K a year. The highest 400 milesage currently on sale is 33K. You only have to look at the classifieds.

Hardly any 400's on the market. They do seem to change hands less frequently than S1 cars do.

I've seen Evora's at up to 120k miles. They take the mileage well and many are used as daily drivers.

Granted, this may not be for you, but high mileage isn't necessarily an issue if serviced well. Low mileage cars can, and often do, give more problems in the long run.

Horses for courses though.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, superdavelotus said:

For a run of the mill car yes but for cars like Lotus and cars being resold, they usually average 5-6K a year. The highest 400 milesage currently on sale is 33K. You only have to look at the classifieds.

It is a run of the mill car chap - it’s not like your old v8 engine - the Evora engine is something used in taxis all over the Middle East and thrashed to half a million miles. Just make sure it’s reflected in the price.

• Love 1

Only here once

I've had an Evora before for quite a few years and used as a daily, so I know how reliable they are. I am just quoting what sort of mileage owners do in these cars and 400's especially, I haven't seen any high mileage ones. For one with 60K it would have to be sub £40K IMO when there's one with half that mileage for £44K and one with 24K for £45K. For me personally, I'd be looking for one with less than 40K miles and preferably with 30k. This is so after I've owned for for a few years with more miles on, I can sell it pretty quickly.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

It is a run of the mill car chap - it’s not like your old v8 engine - the Evora engine is something used in taxis all over the Middle East and thrashed to half a million miles. Just make sure it’s reflected in the price.

Well mine done 44500now had big service done at Central Lotus all good mind you its IPS which I love  .

Nice looking Evora 410 has just come up at Fairmont. I think they recently sold a white sports racer to a chap on here and look to have a really interesting inventory of cars. Priced at just under £60k

image.jpeg.cc49ed98c2c12516a7f03d84663bcb5d.jpeg

https://www.fairmontsportsandclassics.com/vehicle-details/used-lotus-evora-gt410-for-sale-in-brentwood-essex-u834/

• Like 1

There seems to be a lot of yellow cars coming and going all of a sudden. There have been 2 yellow S1's listed in the past week. A yellow NA that was sold at CCA auctions last year (I actually bid at the auction on it) came back up for sale and sold more or less straight away. I think it was priced around £26k on Autotrader.
https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/2010-lotus-evora-recc31624-1-warwick-0923

There is also a nice looking Evora S with 57k miles in solar yellow at £33k on Pistonheads.
https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/16247264

Definitely feels like a few more cars changing hands as we get towards spring.

4 hours ago, Benny90210 said:

Looks like it has sold already! Good price 

Yep, sold quite quickly, new owner has posted on the Evora Facebook Group already

There is a 400 2plus 2on Facebook for 39,000

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

This looks like an Evora S SR with 400 HVAC controls and audio head. Did that trim change happen in 2016 or has it been retro fitted? It’s been on sale a while and now at  £39,990.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202308301353179?sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&aggregatedTrim=S&make=Lotus&model=Evora&postcode=WA13 0TL&year-to=2024&fromsra

Retrofitted imo.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

Agreed. The HVAC knobs look to have been changed to those from the 400. The HVAC panel is definitely S1. From memory the 400 HVAC panel is not interchangeable with the S1 version .

So a bit of a "bitsa" in that respect.

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

• Gold FFM

I think it’s a good upgrade. The S1 shiny knobs are too slippery and low profile to get a grip on and the 400 panel is too recessed and difficult to see the settings. This solves those issues, should have been done by Lotus.

Not sure about the audio head though, I prefer the rotary volume control…better than reaching for a small buttons in a row of identical buttons whilst bouncing through pot holes 😬

• Like 1

I'd assumed given it's a 2016 car, maybe the factory had run out of S1 knobs and fitted some of the 400 style, which would have been waiting in the wings. A contender for the last S1 off the line?

5 minutes ago, Doug Ashley said:

I'd assumed given it's a 2016 car

FYI, a 2016 reg doesn't automatically mean that the car was built in 2016. Plenty of Evoras have sat for years, unregistered.