Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 77 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

I know that I have driven the LR gearbox but I don't know if I have driven the close ratio box. I tend to view a test drive as an opportunity to discover faults.

When I get the Evora I plan to drive it on the road but may have a go at a track day. I expect I will only know if I have the right box when I have experienced living with it for a while.

The one at JCT has been for sale for a long time, infact its price has fluctuated downwards, before going back up again to start all over.  I considered it myself as it looks a tidy example.  With how long its been standing though, you may find it to have some initial niggles due to low usage so do ensure the garage will either cater for these or allow a decent discount.

25 minutes ago, Techyd said:

The one at JCT has been for sale for a long time, infact its price has fluctuated downwards, before going back up again to start all over.  I considered it myself as it looks a tidy example.  With how long its been standing though, you may find it to have some initial niggles due to low usage so do ensure the garage will either cater for these or allow a decent discount.

I looked at this car in feb 2018 and it had been on sale the previous summer I recollect ? 

It was a nice car lacked the exhaust which is doable , standard Alpine HU but the colour wasn’t to my liking just seem to bland ? But that just personal choice!

at the time I looked it was priced at just under £30k and JCT wouldn’t budge on price but then few weeks later it was dropped ?

i did have a call back from JCT if I was interested in taking the car but I just had an uneasy feeling about going ahead with a purchase ? 

7 hours ago, Cdm2018 said:

I looked at this car in feb 2018 and it had been on sale the previous summer I recollect ? 

It was a nice car lacked the exhaust which is doable , standard Alpine HU but the colour wasn’t to my liking just seem to bland ? But that just personal choice!

It had a Pioneer SPH-DA120 when I traded it in, and the photos would suggest it's still in there.

Gearbox choice will always be subjective, and largely dependant on your use.  For me, the long box plays up to the Evora's comfortable GT credentials - 5th & 6th will only be used on a motorway cruise, whereas the close ratio plays more to the sports car side of it's character.

LR isn’t bad. It just requires an adjustment to your calibration.

The box works well but can’t be rushed or might crunch. When you’re on it,, normally in 4th you’re in 3rd.. so what, still fast, full of character and excitement!

If I was to buy another Evora I’d ideally go SR but wouldn’t buy a SR over a better spec LR in better condition.

On 17/12/2018 at 12:48, Cdm2018 said:

at the time I looked it was priced at just under £30k and JCT wouldn’t budge on price but then few weeks later it was dropped ?

i did have a call back from JCT if I was interested in taking the car but I just had an uneasy feeling about going ahead with a purchase ? 

I also enquired about this car in August 2018, and was a bit disappointed that they lied to me about how long it had been for sale. When asked they said they'd had it for a few weeks, but I had also been contacted by the previous owner who informed me they'd had it for over a year. They also refused to budge on price for me, despite it being for sale for over a year. The car looks nice but I'd be a bit concerned with how long it has been sitting there. In the end I'm glad I held out for my Laser Blue car.

Hi Pat

hope you managed to sort out your niggles with the car?

yes I was told it was just in but I knew from my watching cars on autotrader it been on sale for few months!

sorry I don’t tolerate lies and it made me feel very uneasy ?

My preference was always drawn to a red colour but I would have looked at others but the light blue didn’t make me look twice ? Shame but how’s it goes

the fact also they said the price was already reduced and they wouldn’t budge however a few weeks later it was further reduced suggested an air of how honest the dealership was ? But I guess they are in business to make max profit however I walked away 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, heads up I'll be putting my 2016 Evora 410 Sport Auto for sale next month. I've only had it a short time, and whilst it's a phenomenal car,  my curcumstances have changed somewhat quite quickly! I got engaged over Xmas and need to release some funds to pay for the wedding which we’re planning for later this year. Additionally, we recently acquired a puppy, so we need to reconsider the type of family car we need! 

Before I discuss with the dealer to sell on my behalf, I wanted to let TLF Famliy know first in case anyone is interested. It's done just under 6K miles, full dealer service history, warranty until Oct 2019 and has a great spec (cruise, sat nav + apple carplay, reverse camera, subwoofer, bluetooth).  It also comes with an indoor and outdoor cover. 

It proudly featured in TLF stand at the 70th birthday bash at Hethel.

Please message if interested, otherwise watch this space soon! V

This 2014 Evora must be a one off or one of very few, was looking at the advert thinking that a great price for a sports racer with that mileage then looking at the pictures realised it’s not a sport racer because it’s as the bog standard interior, never seen that in a late series one before.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/2014-lotus-evora-122-v6-s-2-2/9365372

21 minutes ago, mik said:

Registered in 2014, but not a 2014 car? 🤔

Sure it is a 2014 car just a standard Evora S with the black pack

I don’t know.

But I see the older gearknob, the earlier Pioneer HU and the forged 18/19 wheels. Were they std 2014 S? 

Not sure but I would say yes, you have to remember the sports racer came with all the extra’s at a discounted price so most Evora’s sold at the time where S/R, this Evora is totally different to earlier standard cars, never seen that type of fabric rear seats before and the fabric sills, just points to being a very basic 2014 Evora S, like I said it could be one of very few, I hope Bibs or someone can come along and clear it up.

It doesn't have the full black pack, as the front splitter and side sills are body colour. The Pioneer unit isn't MY12 spec either as Gav says, and it differs to the one in my car. As for the front seats, that option was available in non SR cars, in fact it may be the standard spec, as premium and premium sport were options. The SR cars came with the optional Premium Sport interior which was introduced with the other MY12 changes.

Interior wise the only (obvious) difference between that car and mine is that there is no leather strip on the rear seats, the 12volt socket is under the dash and the gear knob is different. Other than that it looks the same as my 10 plate. So I'd say it was a std csr with some post applied sr vinyl. 

9 hours ago, mik said:

I don’t know.

But I see the older gearknob, the earlier Pioneer HU and the forged 18/19 wheels. Were they std 2014 S? 

Forged 18/19 wheels will be either a ticked option or an after purchase - ALL "S" cars come as standard from the factory with 19/20 wheels whether a model year 2010, 12, 14, etc.

As Tim correctly says the Premium Sport (piped seats and alcantara) was an option long before the SE cars came, and standard fitment to the SR cars.

It could be a MY12 car (the giveaway for me is the leather covered door pulls) but I think it is a pre MY12 with selective upgrades (door pulls, forged wheels, etc). However, if it was not registered till 2014 then it is still a 2014 registered car!  There have been many known cases of Evora's not being registered for some time after they were manufactured.  As ever, buy with eyes open and on condition - the pre MY12 were not bad cars and ironically based on warranty claims I do believe the pre-MY12 cars faired better with regards to number and cost of claims made.

I think the confusion here is from @scotty435's post mentioning the car as a SR - the advert nowhere states it is or is trying to be a SR, it merely says a 2014 S which seems all correct to me.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

27 minutes ago, LazyDonkey said:

I thought you could get an s with 18/19...albeit not many were specced. 

You may be correct, i'll need to check my invoice when I get home. The MY12 changes included 3 power sockets btw, forward of the hvac panel, cetrall behind the front seats, and in the boot.