Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 108 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I thought it was mainly arses that fell into +2's?   

If I'm honest, and not wishing to be too rude, I thought it was a bloody nonsensical question given the state of the world rigtht now, hence my piss take answer. I mean, really, who knows what is happening next week, let alone what will happen to future Evora values, let alone any other car. I mean, in the current crazy climate McLaren's might even stop depreciating at £10k a month!

I can give you a viewpoint from someone who has been looking for a while. Due to unfortunate delays in finances (bonus delayed) I missed the boat on a few. I'm shopping sub £30k for a +2 but I now have a few issues.

• WBAC don't want to buy cars, I *hate* selling cars privately, so this rather limits my ability on private purchases - garages with part ex still look OK
  • I'm not totally against, but feel guilty about traveling around to buy cars when it's not exactly essential
  • Whilst I'm by no means financially pinched, I still feel it a little irresponsible to drop a load of cash with jobs etc. at risk

I'm still looking and would probably go for the perfect situation but it's certainly given me more to think about. I also am wondering if it's worth holding for a while until garages start getting under pressure (though Evoras take a while to shift so it may affect them less). Not sure if that helps to give an idea on price/buying momentum but it's a view from someone 'in the market'.

Well I had sold mine last weekend, and the buyer pulled out due to the economic situation. I don't blame him. Another buyer told me he'd have it if the 1st buyer didn't, and he's not replied to my email. I'm leaving it up until the advert expires, but don't expect much interest now, so I'll probably just keep it until this all blows over. I'm just not prepared to give it away.

• Gold FFM

+0 were the best, i loved feeling i was in a proper sports car, not a family 4 seater wagon..   :).   I was  just discussing with my client who has 50 cars in his yard.  the car sales market has well and truly had the backside ripped bombed right from it...

Car auctions, you cannot no longer attend  to buy cars, virtual only, 

major car manufactures who have closed auctions have stopped sending in cars as people not trading in..and  leases are are being extended rather than new cars being taken  due to get logistics in getting car s delivered from OSeas

joey public , cant go out to look at cars and go on test drive, and with so much uncertainty jobs why buy another car when yours will do, unless you need one..  , his fininace companie is no longer offering credit facilities.. 

3 weeks ago he   valued my sons 15 plate clio at 5100,  trade  (  we buy any cars) were similar ).   saturday its now valued at 4100 and we buy any cars are not buying cars, as all they do is throw them to the auction, to be sold at cap guide which is fluctuating at -20%. value .

most of his 50 cars are financed on a cheap deal..  he needs to sell 7 a week to make a living, hes a very good dealer with a great reputation..  built up over years. his entire stock has just lost 20% overnight, he cant buy new cars if he wanted to , and is only  sold 1 last week , and lockdown is coming imminently if not tonight..

one things for sure  given that the CV is going to go on for months and months, theres going to be some absolute steels to be had,   ..and its going to take a long long time to recover from..  

my guess if you have a car to sell and it doesnt sell in the next week, I imgaine is your going to  be stuck with it for quite some time.  

• Like 1

It's the virus effect. Nobody is coming into the dealership, nobody is buying, so put the prices up gradually so when it all gets "better" you start at a higher price point to take advantage of the upturn :)

Or maybe not...

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

17 hours ago, marcfair said:

I see  the silver gt410 at Stratton  has increased  by  £2k 

Roger, from my experience, always had a strange approach to selling

• 2 weeks later...

Lotus Silverstone recently had an Evora N/A IPS in white/tan. No longer listed, but apparently did not sell. Would anyone happen to know or know of the owner?

“You can’t have too many bikes"

31 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Was this white NA IPS car 'mildly' modified?

Not as far as I know. It looked pretty standard to me. I was hoping to talk direct to current owner/seller - to our mutual benefit.

Isn't every Lotus owner in the UK a member of this forum. 😄

“You can’t have too many bikes"

7 minutes ago, eUKenGB said:

Isn't every Lotus owner in the UK a member of this forum. 😄

Yes but a lot of them can't read or write. :D

Justin 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, jep said:

Yes but a lot of them can't read or write. :D

Justin 

Most of them are too old to read or drive! All they do is polish it  (the car.....)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

4 hours ago, eUKenGB said:

Not as far as I know. It looked pretty standard to me.

I was at Lotus Silverstone a couple of months ago and remember seeing a white Evora. Wasn't it claimed to be putting out 300bhp (due to engine mods)?

Anyway, if it is the same car that you are referring to, then yes, I'm pretty sure that I've seen it on here somewhere. But you might have to do some sleuthing through the 'Evora Picture' thread (and elsewhere) in order to find it.

Otherwise, why not just call Silverstone and ask them what happened to the car? If you can get a reg number, it could help to speed up your search.

22 hours ago, eUKenGB said:

Lotus Silverstone recently had an Evora N/A IPS in white/tan. No longer listed, but apparently did not sell. Would anyone happen to know or know of the owner?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/evora-v6-4-ips-3-5-2dr-coupe-automatic-petrol/9865121

This one? Now sold or at least that is what they say in this ad.

Justin

Lovely interior - looks brand new!

49 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Seems pricey.

Well, it sold....

The small print.

52 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Seems pricey.

Forgetting CV-19, which may of course change the car market forever (or may not), Evora NA pricing is interesting. Some seek out the NA, as it is lower on VED (tax disc), more economical and, in the real world, fast enough. A low miler, this one was 19,000, that is 2010, 11 or 12 is quite appealing. It has depreciated on age, the low miles only add a small premium. A similar 2015 NA would be quite a bit more. Add IPS, you have a rare car: NA, IPS, low miles. Spec (colour and interior) may put some off but it is still a desirable package and hard to find another.

2012 Evora NA at £35K. Yes, on the one hand pricey but on the other, great value. I think you could own that car, take it to 50,000 miles and still sell it for between £25K and £30K in 2 to 3 years time. Maybe more if the NA appeal continues to fascinate the buying public. 

I think low mile NA Evora will price harden over the next 5 years*.

Justin

*CV-19 exempt comment.

• Like 2