Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 146 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, rafphillips said:

IA few bits to tidy up to make it perfect but at the price (negotiated quite a few £k discount as well as new tyres) its a decent buy I think.

Go on then... how much? 

Hi  all.

I'm now on the hunt for an Evora -400 and have found a couple of cars I could be interested in.

I've done a little research regarding the 400, but would really appreciate any input from you guys on what to look for when buying a 400. Would love your input concerning the following cars, or even better if someone on could shed light on the history of either car. I don't have too much details to go by, but out of the two I would prefer the car at Silverstone.

The Silverstone car was a trad in for a 410. Its running in service and first service was done by Snows Lotus in Southampton, so I assume the owner came from the south? The second service was done by Silverstone.

The Hendy car was originally sold by them and has had 3 owners, each time the car went back to Hendy as a trade in ,the last time it was for a Aston. Any details would be a real help, thanks.

Used Lotus Evora 400 for sale | PistonHeads UK

Used Lotus Evora EVORA 400 for sale | PistonHeads UK

1 hour ago, jerzybondov said:

This would be my pick personally, but then I like bright interiors and mileage on Evoras really isn't anything to be scared of:

https://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/vehicle-details/Lotus-Evora-U288/

The owner of this car can be found on here. It was number 2 off the production line. I'm sure he will be along in a bit. I've driven this car myself, its lovely and inspired me to buy mine (which can also be found on pistonheads at the moment). 

On 27/02/2021 at 12:55, Gazm said:

Go on then... how much? 

£57k - bargain IMHO when I look at what is being asked for some 400s

Kerbed rear wheels now sorted and back to factory new.

One bit of poorly fitted window trim sorted. It must have been that way from factory as original screen. Just required some sore fingers to sort as was pinched under the lower window trim as per pic on right (sorted on left).

Following that Claybared, 2 stage machine polish, all trims restored and totally ceramic coated.

Small bit of wear on drivers bolster sorted (being anal!).

A pillar trim refitted as one had one alway a tad.

And it’s now back to totally mint and ready for summer 👍🏻👍🏻

A1CE83FD-7DB8-4352-93B4-31DE478A4960.jpeg

Edited by rafphillips
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Gashead1105 said:

The owner of this car can be found on here. It was number 2 off the production line. I'm sure he will be along in a bit. I've driven this car myself, its lovely and inspired me to buy mine (which can also be found on pistonheads at the moment). 

That would be my car! 

As Will points out, mine was the second privately owned car in the world. It was used by my wife as her daily driver for the first couple of years which explains the mileage.  My daily was an Elise at the time and there’s a cracking photo that Jamie at B&C took of us picking the car up - me in my Elise, my wife in her new 400. Charlotte then needed something more practical for the children so she moved on to a Focus RS, so mileage dropped significantly, hence now it’s for sale.

Happy to answer any questions anyone has.

Greg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Shibby said:

Looks good anyway. 

Surely all the GT430's look great.    Love to buy another.

It was oakmeres car, they registered it and ran it in. I did have a go in it but only a gentle ride as it was still being run it. Sold it then obiously got it back now. Dont know any more. 

Have to say it looks stunning in Red 🏎🌪 for me the 430 is a great place to put your money. Can not see them going for much less than this and as we move into what looks like a totally different motoring landscape for sure prices will increase.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 04/03/2021 at 11:58, Gm77 said:

That would be my car! 

As Will points out, mine was the second privately owned car in the world. It was used by my wife as her daily driver for the first couple of years which explains the mileage.  My daily was an Elise at the time and there’s a cracking photo that Jamie at B&C took of us picking the car up - me in my Elise, my wife in her new 400. Charlotte then needed something more practical for the children so she moved on to a Focus RS, so mileage dropped significantly, hence now it’s for sale.

Happy to answer any questions anyone has.

Greg

I wouldn't even say the mileage is high to be honest. Looks like a lovely car. Always confused by low mileage on the most usable Lotus

• Like 2

I have a red 400 and since I bought mines I haven't seen a red 400 for sale. I think it's one of the best colours with the black pack and black leather. I also fitted a carbon lid and black stone guards☺️

• Like 1

Posts on here and the Lotus Forum suggest that the white Evora IPS at Silverstone has been there a while (1yr or more?).

What's wrong with it? Is it poorly spec'd? Or poorly priced? Is it the fact that it's an Auto, rather than a Manual?

Sure, the price has gone up by £2k recently, but even when it was £30k it wasn't bought.

Have Silverstone just got the pricing wrong on this one? Or is it that undesireable?

https://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/vehicle-details/Lotus-Evora-U231/

My own view is the pre-400 auto is a tough sell. I own a Evora NA manual which I adore. I am looking to buy, in addition, an Evora IPS with a pal. Having driven a pre-400 IPS, that is now not an option for us. The 400 IPS is in our view significantly superior in terms of speed of gear change.

Some on here have no issue with pre-400 IPS but I do. You need to drive one to see if you like it. I suspect the reason they appear to stick in the market is that others feel as I do. 

Justin 

1 hour ago, Dan425 said:

Posts on here and the Lotus Forum suggest that the white Evora IPS at Silverstone has been there a while (1yr or more?).

What's wrong with it? Is it poorly spec'd? Or poorly priced? Is it the fact that it's an Auto, rather than a Manual?

Sure, the price has gone up by £2k recently, but even when it was £30k it wasn't bought.

Have Silverstone just got the pricing wrong on this one? Or is it that undesireable?

https://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/vehicle-details/Lotus-Evora-U231/

It's simply overpriced. It was for sale when launch edition cars were available readily at £23-25k. It was at £30k. It's nothing particularly special to warrant the extra £5k, and as others have said the IPS is a smaller market buyers wise.

• Gold FFM

You would think that the ips would be the most sought after model. Especially in light of all the panic folks express over clutch longevity 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Only here once

19 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

You would think that the ips would be the most sought after model. Especially in light of all the panic folks express over clutch longevity 

😆

Lotus messed up. They released the original press cars with terrible software. The reviews weren't great. The damage was done, even though they improved over time (and original cars were reprogrammed too) 

Still some folk who don't like them, and still a market where manual and driver involvement is king. Unless you drive a Porsche. 😉

Edited by Goatboy

People buy Mclaren and Ferrari only with flappy paddles but then don’t want it on cheaper cars....

i am not sure but I feel on the long run as people look at the Evora like a mini-supercar, the auto will be the upmarket version.