Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 173 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Can’t believe how much prices have gone up.  Wasn’t long ago that a couple of early 400’s are sold for low 40’s, and also two GT410 Sports at low 60’s.

Prices for many cars are up on 12 months ago. I know of RS Audi et al being switched out to dealers at more than purchaser paid 2 years ago with added miles.

Even low down the food chain - I paid £1500 for a 2006 Focus Estate in 2016 - it is probably worth that still with 50,000 more miles. Petrol 1.6 helps, if diesel it would be poison (figuratively and literally).

Easy money, encouraged by Govt and B of E to ease Covid pressure, partly explains.

Justin 

1 hour ago, jep said:

Prices for many cars are up on 12 months ago. I know of RS Audi et al being switched out to dealers at more than purchaser paid 2 years ago with added miles.

Even low down the food chain - I paid £1500 for a 2006 Focus Estate in 2016 - it is probably worth that still with 50,000 more miles. Petrol 1.6 helps, if diesel it would be poison (figuratively and literally).

Easy money, encouraged by Govt and B of E to ease Covid pressure, partly explains.

Justin 

2 more confirmations of used car prices on the up.

Used car prices grow further following reopening of showrooms 

https://www.am-online.com/news/used-cars/2021/05/21/used-car-prices-grow-further-following-reopening-of-showrooms

and

Carzam to launch online buying platform as used car values soar

https://www.am-online.com/news/used-cars/2021/05/24/carzam-to-launch-online-buying-platform-as-used-car-values-soar

Last week Cap HPI head of valuations revealed that used car prices had risen by over 6% in May and could be set for a similar rise in June as new car sales limited by the COVID-19 pandemic and the global shortage of semiconductor microchips begun to impact the sector.

I wonder if chip shortages will have an impact on the Emira launch../ availability for early 2022..

1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

I wonder if chip shortages will have an impact on the Emira launch../ availability for early 2022..

Hopefully not as a Lotus shouldn't need more than one chip - the one that runs the engine ;)

11 minutes ago, r3nault said:

Hopefully not as a Lotus shouldn't need more than one chip - the one that runs the engine ;)

But these days it seems that so many people want complicated infotainment etc that needs more computing power.

the S sold today so on the look out for a 400 or 410.  If anyone thinking of selling.

• Gold FFM

Could be. Infotainment is bought in. Emira is at the lower end of the volume scale do probably either low priority vs. larger manufacturers or all manufacturers have allocation cut on a %age basis.

Could/probably will slow down deliveries but it's the same for everyone at the moment.

The shortage for vehicle manufacturers dates back to a decision they made to cancel orders at the start of the pandemic. Those orders were quickly soaked up by consumer electronics as the demand for those skyrocketed in lockdown. It’s unlikely this would have impacted Lotus’ inventory since they’re so low volume, so the question comes back to whether they knew the systems they would put in Emira a couple of years ago in which case they may have chips in stock… or else they’re just as screwed as everyone else

34 minutes ago, Wake said:

Looks great in green. It’s a lot of money though!

I talked about offering my 410 Sport for that money and was told it was too expensive. Same age and similar mileage.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

15 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

£34k for a 2009 2+0 NA without all of the packs, eh? Good luck with that one. 

To be honest I'd run a mile from that car. 6k miles in 11 years would not have done it any good whatsoever. Cars are made to be driven and usually when used they are far more reliable than when they are just left to sit for months and months.  From my perspective, it would need a thorough assessment by a quality outfit as I just cannot see rubber mounts, belts etc being happy.  Just my view, as usual, it may be total crock...

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

£34k for a 2009 2+0 NA without all of the packs, eh? Good luck with that one. 

this is the 2nd car in last few weeks that hails from Chesterfield ? So Evora ownership in this small town gone down to zero ? Only my car will be left and I am occasional visitor ! Lol 

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I talked about offering my 410 Sport for that money and was told it was too expensive. Same age and similar mileage.

I guess it depends what you want. But I could quite easily see a 410 in a great colour (like red) being worth that much. 

Oakmere had a 2019 green GT410 sport with the same miles for £64k only a few months ago! It’s crazy the way the market has gone. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wake said:

Looks great in green. It’s a lot of money though!

Agree Vivid Green is a stunning colour especially in the sunlight, to much money? not sure anyone knows  where the Evora market is at the moment.

the value of anything offered for sale is determined by the need / want of the purchaser and the availability of the item for sale , early days i clicked on parkers guides etc for values of evoras etc and well its laughable, barry had ummers and arrr ers when he sold the car i have (at a lesser price) i broke the guys arm off to buy the evora we now have because id done my research i knew what i wanted what i was prepared to pay for it, ive watched cars go up and missed the boat because i cudnt justify the deal but ultimately who needs a stupid mental super car ?? everyone does is the answer as ive latterly found out !!!    

• Like 1

Low mileage is always super-desirable. That is the market. And find another. You can always lower the price. I don't consider it expensive. 

I don't understand why a one owner, hardly used car would have the gear knob changed and the red trim added to the steering wheel (personal preference but not a change I favour)- easy swap but originality is king on low milers, so seller should get those changed back. 

Justin 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jep said:

Low mileage is always super-desirable.

Yup, by those who prefer to polish it than use it... ;)

• Like 2

The small print.