Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 183 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

17 minutes ago, jep said:

AC and stereo were options on Evora Sport 410. As were Sparco seats, I assume you have the carbon seats which were standard and I think the only Evora to have them as such. GT430 had Sparco. 

I thought the GT430 had Carbon Seats as standard, sames as the Evora 410 Sport, and you could spec' the Sparco seats for the GT430 as most did. @The Pits and @blindside have the Carbon buckets in their GT430's, and iirc one of the Blue ones has them too with harnesses.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Carbon seats: happy to be corrected, I have not seen a 430 with carbon seats - yet every Sport 410 I have seen has had carbon ones (Ely car swapped them out). 

Apologies for duff info. Sport 410 brochure very clear what is standard, is there a 430 brochure? 

Justin

Good to see that Lotus is at least consistent with it's specs and pictures etc, even to today with the Emira :happydance:

Edited by Bravo73

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 3 weeks later...

I take it is this one, a 19 plate with low mileage.. Must have been a late registration then?

image_2021-10-19_141503.png

I see that there are now around 5 or 6 (mostly 2016) Evora 400s for sale, all at £50k+ 

Given how many 400s were sold (looking at howmanyleft and ignoring 410s and 430s), this seems to be a fairly high percentage.

A number of these seem to have been on the market for a while. Is this not an indication that 400 prices need to move down a bit? There seems to be a big gap between later S1 cars and early 400.

Edited by pixelmix

30 Evora's in total for sale on Pistonheads. Not a large number at all.

Cheapest 400 is a 2015 car, with 22k miles at £52k

Highest priced S1 car is a 2012 S with 41k miles, or an NA IPS, also 2012 at 40k miles, both for £38k.

I think the issue is where are the 2012 - 2015 S1 cars?  There is £14k, 3 years and 20k miles between the 400 and those S1's.

Does that answer your question @pixelmix?

• Like 1

The small print.

3 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I think the issue is where are the 2012 - 2015 S1 cars?  There is £14k, 3 years and 20k miles between the 400 and those S1's.

That is a fair point. It does create a bit of a gap in the market. I believe (from looking at howmanyleft recently) that Lotus sold very few Evoras in that period?

Personally, I find £50k+ a bit of a leap from those S1 cars to the 400. I see that collecting cars sold a 2016 400 for £38k+ 6% back at the start of the year (although I acknowledge that the market is quite different now from then).

Are any of these 400s selling at £54k/£55k? I struggle to get my head round that ticket price when you could have picked up the Collecting Cars one (which was a trader sale I think) for £40k less than a year ago.

400s are changing hands at this price. Look at how much 911s of similar year and mileage are going for at the moment, and that's a fairer comparison rather than older Evoras. 

Just looked up that collecting cars 400 - looks like someone snapped up a bargain. Auctions can do that sometimes. That most definitely wasn't the going rate for them at the time - they've not gone up that much!

Edited by jerzybondov
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pixelmix said:

I see that collecting cars sold a 2016 400 for £38k+ 6% back at the start of the year

Targa Florio Cars bought this. Previously a dealer had it on E Bay for £49K, then lower but could not shift it. TF put it up for £46K and sold it quickly within weeks it seemed. Reputation I think sold it; Evora prices only started moving up in March to April 2021, having stabilised during late 2020. I was watching the market daily from mid-2020 to early 2021 hunting for a 400. Eventually a Sport410 answered the call. 

Justin

1 hour ago, pixelmix said:

Are any of these 400s selling at £54k/£55k?

Yes. B&C had a few in stock late 2020/early 2021........they were all sold at mid-£50K's by May/June 2021. I don't think the market is any weaker than back then.

Justin

Sounds like you have your answer @pixelmix?  I am biased (as I have a 410 Sport Evora - but I did swap an S1 NA in for it and still love the S1) but the 400 really did move things on in terms of performance, ease of entry, build quality, etc.  It's not just an S1 with a few body work tweaks.

• Like 1

The small print.

• 2 weeks later...