Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 204 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

16 minutes ago, Conceptwho said:

I’m looking at buying an Evora between now and a few months. I have the cash waiting for the right example so I’d be interested to learn more about yours. What colour is yours if you don’t mind me asking?

You’ve already seen it in Bristol ;)

24000 miles with my NA in 4 years and it's probably worth what I paid for it from a main dealer. I've had a lot of bills though, some routine, others not. 

Hopefully the next 4 years are less onerous cash-wise than the last 2 but irrespective, it's a fabulous machine and a credit to Lotus. 

Justin 

• Like 2

I did we buy any car nonsense valuation that seem to have dropped my car by £2k 😳

wouldn’t ever use these clowns last time I did it my car only gone up 800miles so that means 6 months & 800 miles equals £2k drop in value ????

He has nothing to do with the valuations. I hope you realise that 😜

Edited by Bravo73
  • Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

10 hours ago, Cdm2018 said:

I did we buy any car nonsense valuation that seem to have dropped my car by £2k 😳

wouldn’t ever use these clowns last time I did it my car only gone up 800miles so that means 6 months & 800 miles equals £2k drop in value ????

I put the details into the Emira configurator for a part ex value and lotus offered £26k. Not sure bow accurate that would be but not bad for a part ex value. 

Think the last time I did WBAC it was £22k?

They value our Evoque about 10k less than dealers are selling similar models for and that's before you allow them to tear your car to shreds in person. 

• Like 2

On 19/04/2022 at 22:21, C8RKH said:

He has nothing to do with the valuations. I hope you realise that 😜

Really 😯 Could've fooled me. I thought that was why their values were so low

• Gold FFM

Just to be that guy, I have used WBAC and I got a decent offer on a car a couple of k off the private price but not bad and they didn't quibble the price when I turned up (because it was in great condition I suspect!).

If you are looking for a hassle free, quick sale on something, they are worth looking at.

On yours, yes, not a bad offer for a part ex. though, you should be able to sell it very quickly at the moment, there isn't much about and 30k is base price these days as others have said.

On 20/04/2022 at 07:57, Jonathan Ashcroft said:

... and that's before you allow them to tear your car to shreds in person. 

A friend of mine has sold several cars through WBAC and each time there has been no quibble and any adjustments for things he'd not declared were small and in his view very reasonable.  Experiences differ I guess!

• Like 1

Just seen this on Evora owners group on Facebook. 

Hi All

Just testing the water so to speak

I will have my 2010 supercharged auto for sale soon ,Lotus development car as you cant get an early supercharged auto

Lovely condition in green with full service history from lotus and bell and colville

This was sold in 2019 or perhaps 2020 by B&C. I considered it at the time as it was I think the test-bed vehicle for the auto box. I swerved as personally I find the pre-400 auto box unsatisfying. I forget the price but early £30s I think. 

An interesting piece of Lotus history.

Justin 

They were unsatisfactory out of the box, but all cars had a software update and it improved the gearshifts considerably. I think a bit more than  early £30s tbh, obviously condition and mileage dependent. There was a lovely yellow NA IPS sold for £31k+ not very long ago. 

• Like 1

It was early £30s when B&C sold it from memory. I don't know the price now. 

I've driven a later pre-400 IPS. Not for me and even 400 IPS frustrates but I'm a very committed manual gearbox driver. 

Justin 

The Yellow IPS you refer to might be mine?

I advertised on Pistonheads a couple of months back, it was advertised at just under £33k.

I bought it's replacement immediately and quickly decided to take it off the market so that I could keep it until after Lemans Classic which is first weekend of July.

The car will be re-advertised for sale in the coming months.

Anyone who is in the market please feel free to contact me in the meantime, happy to provide details and chat about it but won't sell until first week of July.

Thanks

Gav

IMG20210616161843.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gavk said:

The car will be re-advertised for sale in the coming months.

Anyone who is in the market please feel free to contact me in the meantime, happy to provide details and chat about it but won't sell until first week of July.

Hello Gav,

When you’re ready, please advertise your car (for free) on https://www.lotusforsale.com.

This will then (auto-generate) a new thread in the ‘For Sale’ section, specifically for your car. Any further details about the car will then be in its own thread. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ba55uma said:

They were unsatisfactory out of the box, but all cars had a software update and it improved the gearshifts considerably. I think a bit more than  early £30s tbh, obviously condition and mileage dependent. There was a lovely yellow NA IPS sold for £31k+ not very long ago. 

It was advertised at £33K.

@gavk sorry poor memory and thanks for correcting me

• Like 1