Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 281 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

On 19/08/2024 at 22:43, wooooody said:

Provisionally sold tonight, ended up with 3 people lined up to buy it. 

Congratulations, though also commiserations! I still miss my first Evora, even though I traded it in for an Evora! :)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Thanks. I know what you mean, had a brilliant drive in it on Sunday, really had a wobble about selling. 

I'll just need to stick my Sport 160 back together at long last.

• Like 1

This appears to be Damo on cars (YouTube) Evora for sale. I believe previously owned by Gez on here and a really nice car. Seems a bargain to me despite slightly higher mileage. 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202408032510059?sort=relevance&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Lotus&model=Evora&page=1&postcode=CV23 9BU&radius=1500&fromsra

Trev

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Might end up buying a second one at this rate. That's underpriced for me. Just saw the guy pop up on the FB group asking if he should drop it further because it hasn't sold for a week. Madness. 

That’s Damo (Damo on cars on YouTube) that’s asking about his car not selling. This car was owned by another forum member (Gez) on here on here and has been featured in absolute lotus. I almost bought the car when I was looking and it’s almost the identical twin to my Evora just with a few more miles. I agree that the cars seem like a bargain at the moment. It’s a little worrying as to where prices might go this winter. 

image.jpeg.d8f6ffe00cd7596543bf15f344f3945f.jpeg

It's an S with the premium sport interior is it not, which I prefer, as the dash etc is leather rather than the alcantara like material (Suedetex I think) they used on the Sports Racers.

Fook knows why it has an Audi number plate on it. That would put me right off buying it!  :)

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

It's an S with the premium sport interior is it not, which I prefer, as the dash etc is leather rather than the alcantara like material (Suedetex I think) they used on the Sports Racers.

Fook knows why it has an Audi number plate on it. That would put me right off buying it!  :)

Were those seats available before the sports racer was launched at the end of 2012?

1 hour ago, Bruss said:

Were those seats available before the sports racer was launched at the end of 2012?

Yes, the MY12 revisions included the Premium Sport seat option (I have them). The interior of mine differs from the SR by being all leather without any alcantara panels etc.

1 hour ago, Rancid said:

Are these really £710 yearly ved? 😮

The manual is, the IPS is in a lower emissions category.

9 hours ago, Bruss said:

Yes. The Sports Racer was basically a bargain priced Evora with all the options ticked, and then the "black pack" added.

@Rancid, they are rare, but an NA Sports Racer for me is the absolute sweet spot and half the VED.

The small print.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Yes. The Sports Racer was basically a bargain priced Evora with all the options ticked, and then the "black pack" added.

@Rancid, they are rare, but an NA Sports Racer for me is the absolute sweet spot and half the VED.

Not by October 2011 they weren't. The black pack and SR wasn't added until 2012. I had the second S off the production line in 2011 and first service in October 2011 and those seats didn't appear until after that.

Owner has posted a full walkaround video of the Red Evora S here if interested. The sports racer interior was retro fitted by the previous owner and looks great.

Here are a few older pics of the car and interior that were posted on here in the past by previous owner jerzybondov:

B27BD796-2D04-4EB7-9B27-6DB56E935654.jpe

E2E94990-CBAF-4879-8954-A7C535DBFEED.jpe

54F56EE0-0375-464E-AFBE-EDCA73DB68CE.jpe

IMG_9961.jpg.c1bea58b40ddf01736ac98c2d2f

Edited by TrevS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bruss said:

Not by October 2011 they weren't. The black pack and SR wasn't added until 2012. I had the second S off the production line in 2011 and first service in October 2011 and those seats didn't appear until after that.

August 2011 the MY12 revisions went live, I believe, and 2 interior options added, the business interior and the sports premium interior.

From above, I suspect the previous owner bought the seats when Lotus were selling the off aroun 2016 iirc. I bought them around then, in venom red, for car that Kimbers now has.

At £28k I'd say that car was very well priced. Nice colour too, Ardent red really suits the Evora.

The small print.

Strange that the sports racer reviews didn't get published until April 2013 then.  There were no 2012 interior revisions at August 2011.

The S was only just available after being heralded a year earlier.  At that time Lotus was still struggling to clear the parking lot at Hethel of all of the unsold N/A's. They didn't want to build my S even and tried to fob me off with a cheap N/A.

I digress though . This car looks a fair price.

1 hour ago, Bruss said:

Strange that the sports racer reviews didn't get published until April 2013 then.  There were no 2012 interior revisions at August 2011.

You're confusing things. Premium Sport interior was announced in August 2011 as part of the MY12 upgrades, with delivery options expected Dec 11/ Jan 12.

Sports Racer was a new model announced later that included all the packs, on an NA or S, PLUS the Sports Premium seats PLUS the black paint at a significant reduction to a fully optioned NA or S.

Ergo you could have the Sport Premium seats BEFORE the Sports Racer model came out, and after the Sports Racer was out..

It's important people understand so definitely on topic for those looking to buy a pre 4xx model Evora.

The small print.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

You're confusing things. Premium Sport interior was announced in August 2011 as part of the MY12 upgrades, with delivery options expected Dec 11/ Jan 12.

Sports Racer was a new model announced later that included all the packs, on an NA or S, PLUS the Sports Premium seats PLUS the black paint at a significant reduction to a fully optioned NA or S.

Ergo you could have the Sport Premium seats BEFORE the Sports Racer model came out, and after the Sports Racer was out..

It's important people understand so definitely on topic for those looking to buy a pre 4xx model Evora.

They did not arrive. Ask me how I know and I'll tell you of the difficulties of ordering a car, actually getting hold of an S,  getting any change on interior and having to have the wheels delivered not as ordered and the dealer having to remove them and send them to a wheel refurbisher to get them done as ordered.  The announcement of the model yr12 was not the same as the delivery. How very Lotus.

Short memories by some of the difficulties Lotus have endured along with their customers.

(Just to add I had factory visits at Lotus from June to October 2011 before finally getting my car, which was the second production customer order for the S, before DannyB got his)

Looks lovely and Silverstone are an exceptional dealer that I would trust having previously bought a car off them.

One thing I will say is that the red interior always looks like a whore's bedroom in photographs, but in the flesh, so to speak, it is much darker and more lovely!  I'm sure photo's put people off the red interior, but it is a really nice place to be. I'd be happy with that car at that price as it will come fully sorted with a warranty.

It is one of the very first 400's by the look of it, as it has the very naff looking "Lotus" branded ICE surround. I'd  be asking Silverstone to swap that for the later, unbranded version, personally.

• Like 1

The small print.

Completely agree on the Red interior, had the same with my Lexus - dark rose they called it.  It's really nice in the flesh but pretty horrid on photos.

Not a fan of this examples red piping over the diffuser, sills and splitter.  Not sure the splitter looks right either but may again look much better in person.