Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 89 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

9 hours ago, dpm said:

The silver 400 at B-and-C is not mine.

My silver 400 had a one-off colour and a few other things.  It sold via Silverstone but then sold again via Hoffmans, with the new owners putting on a black pack, so now likely looks like most others.

Paul is right: I found the 400 steering and ride compromised, and ended up preferring the S1.  I had two earlier NAs, and ended up back to Paul's S1 S IPS.  Non-S S1 is easily the best drive, but newer S1s are all S.  IPS gear ratios are the best match with the car.

Sadly my ex-Beady S1 is now back up for sale at Silverstone . . . finally my elder daughter grew too big (she's now 13) to fit in the back seats (the 400 is better for that) and so I can no longer use an Evora as a daily driver.  Plus I've let go of both my S1 Elises . . . my garage is out of use soon!

So Beady . . . once the Evora is gone I will really need a 111R in a nice shade of blue . . . surely you are bored of yours by now???

David - YES the 111R is in fact for sale although not advertised yet....it is booked in for a front clam respray to get rid of the stone chips etc then it will be advertised after Easter, when I get back from hols - pm me if you are interested, it had new shocks all round pre-winter.

Edited by Beady

construction and property consultants : My company

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903135852728?radius=1501&advertising-location=at_cars&make=LOTUS&postcode=ox331nx&model=EVORA&transmission=Manual&price-to=45000&sort=sponsored&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&page=1

help - whats wrong with this one ? something doesn't quite look right.. the interior seems to be a mix of SR and early pre MY12 cars...very confusing.

shame about the corroded wheel nuts too

lovely colour though

construction and property consultants : My company

7 hours ago, Beady said:

help - whats wrong with this one ? something doesn't quite look right.. the interior seems to be a mix of SR and early pre MY12 cars...very confusing.

You’re right about the interior. Maybe it was an end of line, ‘parts bin special’?

Also, I suspect that it isn’t actually a Sports Racer. ‘Just’ a MY12 with all of the packs. 

It’s not a sport racer, it’s a MY12 S  with tech and premium, the same interior as a S/R apart from leather replacing the alcantara and silver metal surrounds replacing the black, Silver exterior badging instead of black There where lots of cars built to the spec with a lot of them going to the American market.

The silver interior trim may have been a special order, as mine has the dark finish but otherwise same interior (mine is black with red though), and externally has the silver badges. Mine was delivered (Sept 2012) around the same time the SR Spec was announced.

Very few non-SR cars were built after that as it was more expensive not to have the SR look.

Nothing at all wrong with it if it’s Empire Green

It was for sale at Silverstone at the same time I bought the Essex Edn. All of the run out cars were S models with extended leather pack but for some reason were all registered as Sport Racers. My Essex Edn was the same but minus the silver trim which was replaced by the more (IMO) subtle carbon(ish) look grey

Except that it is not a 400 (or even better a 430) nothing especially wrong I guess...

😜

Checking the market for an Evora 410 Sport (though far from decided), I see Oakmere has a GT410 Sport (10K miles) at a very low price for that more desirable later model, putting it in the same price bracket.  No surprise to find it is the specific car Lotus gave to the press for reviews - tenderly treated hopefully,  well checked over by Lotus, high spec, but...........  

Presumably still 2 years to go if a 3 year warranty. Nicely run in.........but resale of a "known car" to worry about.  Another comparable review car, also low priced, has sat at a dealer for a rather long time. 

Oakmere: https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-gt-410-sport/9608471

Google for reviews: "Lotus Evora GT410 Sport review" and then click the Autocar photo at top right brings up many photos. Can't seem to get a link to work.

Maybe this one will: https://www.google.com/search?q=lotus+evora+GT410+sport+review&rlz=1C1CHMA_en-GBGB362&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=10gvl0-BAVK3DM%3A%2CccgrG8kanKUObM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kR9IlEAH35Is3RRa8gdeEPMaJbJGA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj52_SOjtDhAhUNQxUIHcHKD0oQ9QEwAHoECAsQBg#imgrc=10gvl0-BAVK3DM:

Edited by mdavies

37 minutes ago, mdavies said:

Checking the market for an Evora 410 Sport (though far from decided), I see Oakmere has a GT410 Sport (10K miles) at a very low price for that more desirable later model, putting it in the same price bracket.

If it means anything to you, a significant proportion of those 10k miles were put on by Clive Chapman:

EEB34069-1B07-498B-AEE4-E709C9E351BD.jpeg

Lotus lent him the car for quite a while. 

https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/chapman-once-again-behind-the-wheel-of-a-lotus-sports-car/

Jonny, indeed interesting, thanks!  Not only more than likely then to be driven with some "normal care", but if it had needed a little TLC after the reviews, I'm happy to think it will have had it.

Edited by mdavies

16 minutes ago, mdavies said:

Jonny, indeed interesting, thanks!  Not only more than likely then to be driven with some "normal care", but if it had needed a little TLC after the reviews, I'm happy to think it will have had it.

Ask @Bibs. I am pretty sure that Lotus really look after their press and management cars, certainly from what I have read on here too.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Thank you,  C8, but the car sold on Monday it seems - wouldn't be surprised if queuing started on Sunday,  shortly after your post!

Good luck to whoever, especially if on here.

Wow, the blue interior is really, err... something !

It really livens up what I consider to be the otherwise terrifically dull 4xx interior.

image.png.14eafaffb819e512772f64ea6c7e11aa.png

Edited by trcm
I think I like this a lot!
  • Like 2

Every Chelsea fans dream that car!  Actually, I can imagine that in the flesh the blue and white would be quite striking.  Lotus is becoming more Lambo like?

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Meh! Where's your sense of adventure guys!  I think it looks ace the more i look at it. But then my wife is convinced i am colour blind anyway and you wanna see my sock drawer!

• Like 1

The small print.