Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Drones spotted at Gatwick... - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Drones spotted at Gatwick...

Bibs

26 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Not sure why they didn't bring it down or ask a commercial operator to follow it to it's Take off/Landing location. There's technology available to locate the drone and pilot and even to bring it down mid-flight. 

I must admit I was wondering that as well - especially as the Police now have their own drones and operators.

• Gold FFM

Or they have an operational issue that would cost a fortune in passenger compensation, and the drones are a convenient excuse...

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I've spoken with the Airside Ops Manager this morning and offered to assist free of charge to them. The chap recognised my name which was nice from when I was part of a team that pitched to them a very high level surveying solution earlier in the year but he said that they have significant resources now on site looking for the  cuplrit(s). 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

EA3418C4-4E3E-482D-BF2D-7983A9699BAA.jpeg.e56995fc0eddf257a5e3b617cfe92998.jpeg

That’s the significant resources then or they called in the military, should have call you in @Bibs lol

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Bibs offering to use drones to find the people using drones :)

"There was an old lady who swallowed a fly..."

I don't understand how the batteries in these things have not run out already if it's just one guy. Or if he's bringing it home to recharge it why can't they just follow it to where it lands?

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

• Gold FFM

Sounds more and more like bollocks every hour.

Credible threat?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Gatwick still shut,police have said they don't want to shoot the drones down because of the risk from stray bullets. Am I missing something

• Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Cue some new legislation requiring all drones to be licensed?

Sounds like some spotty teenager having a giggle with his toy. Just sheet the bl**dy thing down already...!

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Drone registration is due to become law in Nov 2019. 

To be honest, I'm not sure a spotty teenager could avoid the Police, Gatwick security and now the Military for well over 24 hours. This is all a little strange that's it's taking such a long time now. 

• Thanks 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

And refuelling in midair?  No, this whole thing smells wrong.

• Like 1

Be interesting to see who they eventually find is behind it. Then a few thousand passengers will be after their blood...

One of the current Mrs H's friends was due to fly out to Goa for Christmas this morning. After spending the day at Gatwick they went home. Next available flight to Goa is in 5 days so they've now had to cancel their holiday completely.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

9 hours ago, Sparky said:

No, this whole thing smells wrong.

I'm with Sparky.

In this day and age of everyone carrying a camera and filming everything that happens, along with the fact that the world's media are camped at Gatwick, why is it only two 30 second videos of possible drones have appeared?

• Like 1