Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 15 - Type 130 - Lotus Evija - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

Tex

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
28 minutes ago, Giniw said:

conservative with their car top speed and acceleration

Only until you try to get to under 4sec 0-100 in an Exige

28 minutes ago, Giniw said:

for the first 100km/h I suspect the problem is more the traction than the power, so it might explain why the 0-100 is claimed to be "only"  under 3 seconds

Kind of, but then there is magic dust to gain so much on the rest of not far off powered cars later on and keep accelerating at the same pace into jets takeoff speed, I guess

4 minutes ago, Stubox said:

0-300kmh in 9 secs is (according to an online calculator) 0.94g.... that’s quite a bit 

It's like many other things these days - don't try to think about it and ask questions, just believe :stuart:

All of the 0-300kph figures are claims and besides it can afford to be 3 seconds out and still be the fastest thing with number plates in existence.

With 1250hp per ton the performance is going to disappoint precisely no-one.

So far all of the electric cars have delivered astonishing straight line acceleration. Tesla Model 3 toasts the BMW M4. Tesla Model S P100D spanks just about everything off the line. Videos on YT are plentiful.

It's not hard to imagine what the electric hypercars are going to do.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
42 minutes ago, Dan E said:

also will @Sparky be able to fix it! 

Have to catch it first.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

13 minutes ago, The Pits said:

All of the 0-300kph figures are claims

How comes? Isn't it the case that for many of those cars there is people out there taking them for a spin with those little Racelogic devices in a safe locations of the airstrips?

it can afford to be 3 seconds out

So even the keenest supporters agree that there is possibility for a 30% made up statements in there?

1250hp per ton.

1,173 in my books (1,972/1,680), that may potentially be without the batteries, steering wheels and tyres, judging by the condition of a "lightest specification"

3 minutes ago, Likuid said:

wonder how it is to live a life looking for things to be upset about.

Another way to see it is called "attention to detail". I wish this feature was in place for whoever was putting the doors of my Exige together - maybe that would not leak water then... But we'll, it's not £2mn as well, maybe that's why...

Edited by vd9

15 minutes ago, vd9 said:

Only until you try to get to under 4sec 0-100 in an Exige

Awww, really? It's notoriously hard (for the car too) to do a proper 0-100 acceleration test, though. But I can't really comment since I haven't tried myself anyway.

16 minutes ago, vd9 said:

Kind of, but then there is magic dust to gain so much on the rest of not far off powered cars later on and keep accelerating at the same pace into jets takeoff speed, I guess

Maybe they tried in the void!?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The Pits said:

electric cars have delivered astonishing straight line acceleration

Only at low speed acceleration, where different manner of power delivery (instant and easy to moderate finely) is massively different to ICE. At high speeds everyone is playing against the same aerodynamics challenges

@Giniw I actually fully agree with what you're saying - it's hard to do a proper 0-100 in a RWD car with a stick and Exige is actually not that far off even without really trying hard

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

All of the 0-300kph figures are claims and besides it can afford to be 3 seconds out and still be the fastest thing with number plates in existence.

With 1250hp per ton the performance is going to disappoint precisely no-one.

So far all of the electric cars have delivered astonishing straight line acceleration. Tesla Model 3 toasts the BMW M4. Tesla Model S P100D spanks just about everything off the line. Videos on YT are plentiful.

It's not hard to imagine what the electric hypercars are going to do.

All that torque plus that aero, I'm going to guess that computer models make it theoretically possible, will the Pirelli P Zero R really be able to get it done... I guess it will take a trip to the recently reopened Nardo test track to go and try it, stuffing it down Weissach throat at the same time....

Now they have 12 months to finess the prototype finish, the car will have to be flawless. Dynamically they are good, Design wise, they are really good, launch was well orchestrated, now Testing, Industrialisation (procurement), Quality Assurance, pre-production and production and most importantly PDI all need to follow suit. time for the guys they poached from Bentley to prove their metal, it's getting close to show time.

Oh and I wonder how thick a gauge the outlet be required to be to procure the 350kw to get a recharge in 12'...

Now as somebody noticed the word on the 2020 Elan in CAR magazine in the what's Next? And I'm going to go on a limb here but sounds like the SUV is a go for 2022...

What’s next?

The Evija is going to be Hethel’s halo product, and it’ll be followed by a refreshed, then expanded range of Lotus cars – all of which will borrow elements of its design language. Get ready for a 2020s version of the Elan, and then a Chinese-made SUV after that. 

51 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Well we did go a day with out people ripping it to bits, after all the glowing reviews world wide, sadly we are back to pointless negativity

So any attempt of a basic reality check is easy to shrug off as a "pointless negativity"? That's an overly simple and somewhat disappointing way to finish the exchange when there is not much to say.

10 hours ago, vd9 said:

Would it not be better to just pop out some limited edition hypercars in 50-500 batches each year and live happily? :rolleyes:

I suspect for a new start up company that’s probably a direction to go in and the proliferation of super/hyper cars supports it.  But Geely appear to want to take Lotus back to a profitable low volume (in the context of VAG, Ford etc) manufacturer of sports cars . This car to me is their statement of intent and the future models be they electric, hybrid or ICE will at least draw styling cues from it. To that extent I think they’ve captured the future ethos quite well with the low (for pure ev) weight , aero performance and dynamics. 

Sure at some point a discussion might have occurred to stop any production of the sports car products in the future and solely use Lotus as a super/hyper car brand and an engineering resource. Fortunately for those that rather like driving their loti they say they’ve a product plan for us non oligarchs too. I think we should see what they deliver.

• Like 2

Black n gold

7 minutes ago, Frickin_idiot said:

so many that wish to pick holes in everything that the company attempts to do

I'm not sure how did you conclude that these "so many" aim to pick holes in "everything". Pretty much everyone commenting has bought a Lotus (I did, and I am fully fine with that decision, have no regrets and have no intentions to sell it on after covering 200mi on a B-road and a bragging session in a local pub, to then just move on to a used fancy car for a next round of this routine). This fact surely gives some indication of those "so many" seeing a positive aspect and appreciation of the cars manufactured by the company as well?

11 hours ago, Dan E said:

will @Sparky be able to fix it! 

GIven his name he must be an expert in electrical systems. :sofa:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

11 hours ago, Likuid said:

I sometimes wonder how it is to live a life looking for things to be upset about.

I agree with your general tone and don't think this is the right time to be finding fault in what is very much a pre-production car.  That said, clearly the production team will have to up their game massively on the Evija.

Unresolved fit and finish will not be tolerated by clients spending 2 million quid.

My Evora was generally OK when I got it in March 2018.  The interior was finished to an acceptable standard, but (along with other manufacturers) the paint, or rather the lacquer was not finished correctly and it required around 8 hours of rectification work by the detailer prior to applying a Gtech treatment.

As I say, Lotus are far from the worst culprits with these issues and my detailer said the paint finish itself was actually very good and better that many other cars he deals with (BMW also being mentioned negatively) and there is a another post running in the detailing section about poor paint finish on a Ferrari Pista.

I do think however that generally there will need to be a different mindset by Lotus about what is acceptable at procurement stages and vehicle completion sign off. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, vd9 said:

I'm not sure how did you conclude that these "so many" aim to pick holes in "everything". Pretty much everyone commenting has bought a Lotus (I did, and I am fully fine with that decision, have no regrets and have no intentions to sell it on after covering 200mi on a B-road and a bragging session in a local pub, to then just move on to a used fancy car for a next round of this routine). This fact surely gives some indication of those "so many" seeing a positive aspect and appreciation of the cars manufactured by the company as well?

I am merely commenting upon the negative aspects of some of the comments on this thread - no more, no less.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

I simply cannot see anything negative to comment on regarding that car.

I can, SWMBO (and the bank manager) have already said I can't have one. :(. All I want to do is help save the planet by going leccy, honest.

Otherwise a stunning car and really shows what Lotus can do on their relatively miniscule budget and quicker than all the big players, whose cars are several years in the future.

Tesla quoting much higher performance figures, but will we ever see the roadster? I for one wouldn't put the required sizeable desposits on one given the financial state of Tesla and their ability to actually deliver a car.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

A great move by Lotus IMO - There is a lack of awareness and significance of Lotus given the timespan for the current generation to recognise Lotus of old and the amazing history in F1. One of my sons works on future model for Aston Martin - he has been immersed in Lotus 'folklore' by me so naturally aware of the past given my Esprit has been with me for longer than he has. Reckons the word at AM is a nod of acknowledgment from a sleeping great. I've seen the posts about Chapman not approving due to weight etc. but I don't think Colin could ever had foreseen where the Car industry would be going and the sudden leap in to battery technology we are seeing. Yes the idea was there but until Tesla came along the thought of a battery vehicle to the 60's/70's generation was a Milk Float.............   

Edited by nello
  • Love 1