Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Evora Sport 410 Club - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Evora Sport 410 Club

C8RKH

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What a lovely noise the Evora makes.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• 4 weeks later...

Check its provenance. (Approved, so one of the benefits promised.)  I suspect - but do not know - it to be a very well known and videoed car.  If so, it has been well run in!

10 hours ago, Murdock said:

Thoughts on the 410 Sport currently for sale at Silverstone? 

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12776781

An absolute bargain and a cracking car. For some reason the Sport 410's are real bargains just now and they are dripping with carbon goodlieness and a riot to drive.

Not sure why @mdavies didn't just come out with ut, but believe he is referring to it probably being a press car.

That should not put you off as Lotus Press Cars where always fastidiously looked after by the factory and no known issues from others that have been bought.

I Bought my 410 from Silverstone, new, 4 years ago and they are a superb dealer. At what is almost the price late Series 1 S Sport Racers go for this is a steal for sure and very rare.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

OK keep it down, hoping to take a look this week lol.

Black isn't my first choice though...

And need to decide if I want the rawer experience of this car or spend the extra and keep the Emira that is due 'imminently'

Cheers for input all

Edited by Murdock

Crazy cheap. Sport410 are just not 'known', the forgotten Evora.

This will change, especially once most Evora become weekend fun and not the daily sports car. 400, SR, later 410 will be relatively common, Sport410 will be one of the rarest Evora and will become increasingly desirable, behind only 430 which are £90k+ presently. 

Ex-press cars, once in classic car territory, fetch a premium! I'd buy this Sport410 immediately but I can't right now.

Justin

• Like 1
  • Love 1

If this car wasn’t black (I just don’t do black) I’d have definitely taken a look, it does seem to be competitively priced for sure.

12 month warranty from a well respected dealer as well, I’m surprised it’s been for sale for quite a while.

• Like 2

Yep, of course GTE, a special car, please excuse the oversight and will be very sought after, especially the 20 factory cars. I don't understand the Stratton ones and those hold no appeal to me. 

I thought about buying No8 GTE, black and gold but decided Sport410 more usable and perhaps more reliable for daily use. 

GTE a definite winner long-term, I'll rack up miles so probably Sport410 a wiser choice. No evidence to prove that of course! 

Justin 

I'd get an ECU dump to make sure it hasn't spent 95% of it's life over 6000 revs. I know Silverstone don't mind doing that as they did it for me when I was looking at one of their Evoras for sale. Looks like a great deal.

I bet you a tenner it has not spent 5% of it's life over 6000rpm.

The good thing about a Lotus is that I have never met an owner yet who thinks it's "fun" to sit at a traffic light or just by the side of the road bouncing his car and engine off the rev limiter just because they can.  One of the reasons I would always be wary of buying a 2nd hand Lambo or a Nissan GTR for instance.

Edited by Bravo73

Agreed, but reassuring to have the ECU dump, especially to make sure the engine hasn't been buzzed on downshifts. I got the data for 2 Evoras before I settled on the 3rd one I looked at. I couldn't believe how much time was spent at less than 2500 rpm. A bit like Driving Miss Daisy. The dumps make fascinating reading, almost like the owners were afraid to open the engine right up. 

3 hours ago, tim_marra said:

Don't worry, it has the wrong seats :sofa:

One can say that the seats aren't to their personal preference, but to class them as "wrong" is strange, but a troll attempt I imagine.

I love the original seats, they are one of my favourite things about the car and they add to the occasion of driving it, every other Evora seat feels much too high to me in comparison now, but that's my personal opinion. 

A good example of why you should try things for yourself, and not always follow opinions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AD Fox said:

One can say that the seats aren't to their personal preference, but to class them as "wrong" is strange, but a troll attempt I imagine.

I love the original seats, they are one of my favourite things about the car and they add to the occasion of driving it, every other Evora seat feels much too high to me in comparison now, but that's my personal opinion. 

A good example of why you should try things for yourself, and not always follow opinions.

1 hour ago, mg4lotus said:

I thought Tim was referring to it being a +0 and the running joke with @C8RKH, maybe it was too nuanced for me.

I am sure @tim_marrawas poking fun at me personally. For the record, I have no issue at all with anyone poking fun at me. Poke away! :) A good poke always gives me a good excuse for a rant. And you all know how much I love to rant  :rofl:

I do agree however with @AD Foxthat the seats add to the occasion. I love them and they are remarkably comfortable on a long journey as the carbon backs flex like they are sprung. But then you'd actually have to have been in a Sport410 with the seats, driving or as a passenger, to realise that.  So that just shows how prejudiced (and stupid) people can be to slag something off they have no experience of.  It's a bit like describing someone as a shit shag when the closest you've come to having an intimate relationship with them is some hand lotion, tissues and a picture of them!  Each to their own I suppose. 

Now having owned an S1 Evora I had the normal Recaro's and the later SR Recaro's. Damn fine seats they are too, however, the original leather was too soft and the bolsters got torn up pretty bad quickly, and look at a used SR, the leather on those seats creases quite badly, especially the black ones.  Never had the Sparco seats from a 400 so can't say a squeak about them ;)

Back to the Recaro's that everyone swoons about from the S1.  But, flog me with a bicycle chain are they bloody, and I mean bloody, heavy.  So heavy in fact that you risk your back trying to remove them. I know, because I did remove my original seats to replace with the SR ones. I think that's why the Defender modsters love them, they're as solid and chunky as their, well, their Defender.

Funnily enough, you get the same carbon seats in the GT430 where they are viewed as being superb and in line with the top of the performance heap that the ultra focused GT430 is (though the GT430 was able to be specified from the factory with the creaky Sparco's for those with a wide load sticker on their arses, and with two rear seats for those who needed to justify the car to the other half).  The same carbon seats are also in the Exige Cup430, again, where they are lauded. Guess there is no pleasing everyone.

So, in case it's not clear. I LOVE 😍🥰🤩 my carbon seats. I am only aware of one owner who swapped theirs for the Sparco's, but haven't heard a squeak out of them for a while, which they must be pleased about.

I freely admit that I am prejudiced. I am biased. And if carbon was a race, I'd be racist. About my lovely carbon seats. I make no apology for that.

Peace and good will to all. There's too much hatred already in this world for any more. So if you need a softer seat, either buy the Sparco's or one of these and all will good and balance will be restored. Physique Bolster Cushion Horse Shoe Navy Blue by Physique Management Company Ltd. | Physique.co.uk As per @jimichanga's observation, it also may improve your ability to see out the front.

• Like 1