Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 83 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

23 minutes ago, mayesprit said:

Democracy has already spoken in the 1st referendum. If we are subject to another referendum I personally will never vote in anything again as it will prove we are not living in a democratic Country anymore.

Or vote the most outragious party every time. Personally if it doesn't go through I will vote UKIP every single vote no matter what other policies they have or how uncomfortable they make me feel.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

I struggle with the idea that a new vote would undermine democracy. 

Surely it strengthens it. The combination of new facts, 2 years of development and a divided parliament (worse, a parliament which has a majority of remain)  and people. 

It would give parliament clear direction on whatever outcome is chosen. 

4 hours ago, Kimbers said:

My suggestion is let May stay in. Agree her deal, then behind the scenes change PM to Reese Mogg or Johnson, tell the EU to F off and be done with it!

I have a different view on this. If May wins the “no confidence” vote then the perpetrators who engineered the vote should resign as MPs at the next election.

As for Reece Mogg, he represents everything about the Tories that the so called working classes despise. His overall body language and the way he speaks to the media is cringeworthy and to have him as leader of the party, IMO, is a sure way to ensure that Comrade Corbyn gets elected.

When we voted in the referendum it didn't give the options of 1) Remain or 2) stroke the egos of a small number of self-serving backbench Conservative MPs.

This could render the Conservatives unelectable next time round.

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight

I wish the Political classes and to a large extent the media would stop referring to this as Teresa May's deal. IT IS THE EU's deal - end of. and the only one they will EVER agree to.

If Parliament cannot come together for the good of the Country and pass this deal (never looks likely!), then come the 29th March, the only option on the table (if the result of the referendum is to be respected) is to leave on WTO terms and be done with it - yes it will be painful for the UK BUT it will also cause the EU a nightmare. If the EU can't see this (and behave pragmatically regarding the Irish Border) then we should stick it to them once and for all.

I actually feel sorry for the PM - she (and her team) have at least stepped up to the plate and come up with something - however unpalatable it seems to be, NO ONE ELSE has offered a viable alternative (other than 'No Deal'). This sideshow of a leadership vote is an absolute disgrace - seems to me that there are some in the Tory party who are determined to kill off any remaining hope of ever being electable again. The alternative of a Corbyn Govt depresses me hugely but God help me, is the current shower worthy of my vote? NO!

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

• Gold FFM

Being out of the EU and on WTO rules - won’t we be able to effectively ban vw Audi group cars until they can be proved to pass a strict UK type of testing?? 

We need to stick it up em now

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM
20 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

Dianne Abbott has put her name forward as a contender if May does go...

buddsy:fun:

I’m sure one of the Mods is able to move this post to the TLF Jokes & Gags thread.😂

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

1 hour ago, mayesprit said:

I’m sure one of the Mods is able to move this post to the TLF Jokes & Gags thread.😂

He is a moderator🤓

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
20 minutes ago, pete said:

He is a moderator🤓

Ya don’t say lol 😆 That’s waisted sarcasm then.

• Haha 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

18 hours ago, SFO said:

. Apparently car components cross borders many times as they are built. 

If thats true the manufacturers need to get their act together. If they are doing things that way they deserve to fail. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

We need to declare this deal is not suitable.

walk away - we have a backstop arrangement at the end of March. WTO rules.

be done - no more talking to them. At that point and that point only - they will be clambering to renegotiate with us and in London

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

A few days ago in this thread I asked if we were actually at war but didnt realise it?

I still feel perhaps we are if the EU will not let us leave is that not a modern twist on an invasion?

You're not wrong Buddsy, our referendum result was severe setback for the EU, they will now do everything in their power to destroy us to set an example to others.

Any deal is futile and would leave us defenceless against the retaliation we must expect. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

You're not wrong Buddsy, our referendum result was severe setback for the EU, they will now do everything in their power to destroy us to set an example to others.

Any deal is futile and would leave us defenceless against the retaliation we must expect. 

“Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.”

• Haha 2

Margate Exotics.

On 11/12/2018 at 13:39, ChrisJ said:

@duncx - We've already had a referendum for your No 1)

So if there was a further referendum, there could only be No 2..

I always thought a No 2 was shit!

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Headline in this morning's Times says it all!

EU humiliates May with refusal to budge on deal

Prime minister returns empty handed after Brussels strikes out demands over Irish backstop

Cheers,

John W

2 hours ago, Buddsy said:

For a start what the crook Richard Branson know about running a business I don’t know? Has he ever run a business which makes a profit?

I actually think that is quite harsh and he has run several businesses that have made a profit, he has also been smart enough to know when to get out rather than to flog a dead horse which is a rare trait to be honest as for most, their ego's keep them running and running. He has also created a huge amount of employment and wealth for many people in the UK and beyond.  Having said that, I don't particularly like his politics and I detest people who "make it" and then swan off to a tax heaven to give the minimum possible back whilst still feeling they can have a valid point of view. The very same issue i have with many famous "scots" who go on and on about independence whilst living in "exile" and contributing nothing to Scotland's budget etc.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I see Richard Branson has been dragged out for project fear by the BBC to tell people if there is a hard Brexit people couldn’t afford to go on holiday due to the falling price of the pound.

More to the point hopefully people won't go on holiday to any EU country and see how their economies cope with that

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

3 hours ago, Buddsy said:

The economics will be what they will be but Im confident in the UK we are a tiny nation who punches way above our weight. I think we will always be ok as thats who we are.

Fifth largest economy in the world. second largest in Europe. Too big to be ignored.

Not that you'd believe it listening to the media, BBC and 'experts'.

• Like 2

My signature is 48,163.

• Like 2

The small print.