Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 43 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

3 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

The way this ended was a fook up.  . But Masi and the FIA have really fooked this up and it does leave a sour taste. 

agree............

• Like 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

7 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Aside from removing the back markers between Max and Lewis, does anyone know if Max over took Lewis while under the safety car?  I’m hear reports of this.

Well, he did appear to show Lewis his 'nose'. In the grand scheme of things.. not a title deciding moment.

I can and can't believe this season has ended like this. Been watching F1 for near on 50 years and it has turned into a circus of manipulation - and all are guilty.

• Like 2

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

41 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Hamilton has had to jump out of the way so many times for Verstappen.

Yep, another awful precedent set by the FIA. 

So it just kept on happening and Max and Whinger Spice actually believe they are in the right.

Max is easily good enough not to have to result to this.

1 minute ago, Neal H said:

Farcical ending for sure, but Max and Red Bull did nothing wrong. They’re not responsible for the inept 

Absolutely correct - and why it has to stand really.

Heads will roll at the FIA with an apology statement.

Anyway, this is racing.. it is how it is now. We have to live with it or walk away. 

It was still an utterly amazing spectacle.

• Like 2

When teams make a mistake eg unsafe release from the pits, they get a fine, maybe the should fine themselves. I thought they would find a way to deduct points from Merc to let RB win that as well.

I can't see them changing the result, but something has to change for next year.

How about declaring it a non race, ie pretend it did not happen, so Max still wins on number of race victories.

Unfortunately, you have to have Lady Luck on your side in order to win. Max has seemed to have that a lot this year. I have seen many races not won by the fastest car or the car leading before a late yellow flag. It is a heartbreak for MB and LW but it is racing.

I'm not to sure about that last call to only let half the field but I do not think they will let the results be changed.

Later,
Eldon

4 minutes ago, Frickin_idiot said:

I cannot take F1 seriously after the farce of the last few weeks. 

Mercedes' second protest has been rejected so Max Verstappen is the world champion!       

what a farce

57 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Party at Nico Rosberg’s gaff tonight, everyone welcome.

Boris can go if it is after 8pm

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DDubya said:

We have Goodwood, Silverstone Classic, many club events including Lotus, Le Mans, and so many other, more entertaining (for fans) motor racing events. F1 has become a total bore fest, unapproachable, and little entertainment. This farce, where the stewards/FIA select who wins is the end of my interest. Still think Hammy is the GOAT.

I lost interest a few years back but did rekindle interest this year. I’m in the same position as you. That’s the last F1 race I’ll be watching for a fair few years.

• Like 1

Yeah, a really sad day for F1 and the pundits were in shockingly over-diplomatic save-my-job mode not even mentioning the unfairness and the farcical nature of the ending.

54 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

How about declaring it a non race, ie pretend it did not happen, so Max still wins on number of race victories.

I love this!

Toto would have got his way, the FIA apologise and Max keeps the win anyway. Ha.

• Like 1