Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gordon Murray T.50 supercar - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Gordon Murray T.50 supercar

The energy and devotion to the car and esp his enthusiam remind me in a way of Roger Becker explaining the idea / concept behind the Evora (total different cars but you get what I mean ...)   

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

hum dark color are going to work best and uh useless wing, skirts, louvers wide body kit and front splitter just convinced me... LM version please.

117263540_10158006999399902_102700807093

https://www.facebook.com/jonsibal/photos/a.400417244901/10158006999389902/?type=3&theater

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 1

It’s just like the McLaren Senna designed for no compromise on performance over looks and with that it is lacking and anyone saying it’s a good looking car need there eyes testing. Is it as good looking as the Evija and as fast, let’s be honest it’s not in the same league. Yes I get it’s from the great Gordon Murray and it as a Normally aspirated combustion engine but we move into a new era automotive technology sorry but it will look outdated even before the first car is delivered to its first customer in what they say a few years time.

• Like 1

As Murray says you cant overcome physics, and his coming in at under 1000Kg the Evija is 1600Kg++  As others have said they are the end and the beginning in their respective worlds.

• Like 2

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

It's also not all about the speed, but rather the driving experience, which is something it does have in common with the Evjia (and all Lotus cars).  I'm still amazed at its kerb weight to be honest, which combined with its power I think it will be something pretty quick!

I don't expect to ever drive one of these, but I would truly love to and I don't say that about many cars, the F1 is another!  The detail that is going in to this car is mesmerizing and I can well see the resulting driving experience being rather an emotional one; at least I hope so!

My biggest concern though is that they simply become collection pieces and don't get driven.  If I win the Euromillions tonight, I will commit here and now to buying one* and dailying it!

*assuming any remain after all this promotion

Lastly,  coming back to the Evija, I hope Lotus do similar video releases as it proceeds along development!

• Like 1

• Like 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

On 07/08/2020 at 15:00, mdavies said:

The T.50 it seems to me is an example par excellence of form following function; concerns about appearance surely do not rise to match the vision represented by the T.50.  Would Chapman have made them?!

Think not. I think he would love to have, but the economics of Lotus Cars always had to enter into the equation and all the cars had to stand on their own economic merit. Just getting the money to build his visions was probably his biggest challenge in getting them to market. Owing to the stratospheric prices of the F1 as well as his other accomplishments, GM has seemed to have the luxury of having money thrown at him to make anything he wants with everyone thinking they will at once turn to gold (or platinum, since they seem to be made of gold to begin with!). This is the golden age of supercars with the sky being the limit for all who want to construct them. Hopefully Lotus are timing the market well with the Evija. Although, with future bans on ICE cars on the horizon, all these supercars are going to be appreciating relics of the last big blowout of the ICE and probably appreciate along with the F1. What place will Evija hold once BEV cars become the norm? Time will tell.

• Gold FFM
On 06/08/2020 at 09:22, C8RKH said:

Love all the design suggestions from the armchair designers pointing out what a master has done wrong. I bet Monet suffered from the same when he was in the park painting his water lilies, lots of other lesser artists telling him his work was pointless....  :rofl::sofa:

Monet was shite - it was all smudgy water, poppies, water Lilly’s and parasols - Bollox to all that - I can’t remember a single car picture he painted!! 

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Murray's design work and purity of engineering is an absolute joy to behold. Nothing is there that doesn't need to be!

Undoubtedly pretty and a great piece of design though the Evija is, for me there would always be that very large elephant in the room (assuming I've got 2 or 3 mill stuffed down the back of the sofa, that is - which I obviously haven't) and that would always be the fact it is electric powered! For anybody with even the smallest molecules of petrol flowing through their veins, you can't beat the visceral primal scream of a nat asp V12. Nothing but nothing else would come close for me, in a car of this sort!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now the rather seriously-track-only version - with racing intentions.

"hundreds of changes and different components" 

Price gone up a bit but still have to be quick to get one - 15 of the 25 gone already. (The 100 "ordinary" ones sold out in 48 hours.)

https://www.evo.co.uk/track-cars/203056/track-only-gma-t50s-detailed-the-ultimate-rendition?_mout=1&utm_campaign=evo_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

Edited by mdavies

• 1 month later...

First start-up of the actual drive train in a mule, soon for Millbrook, then test tracks.

https://www.evo.co.uk/news/22743/gordon-murray-automotive-t50-test-mule-fires-up-on-video-for-first-time

(Not lost interest in Lotus, but this development process may be a historic last of its kind. Would it really hurt if we were treated to the equivalent for our "last IC" car - or cars? Whatever. Whenever. But doubt it, somehow.)

• 3 weeks later...

Just up the road from me. The building used to be HQ for BOC and then something to do with Bristol Cars although I've never seen one around there. It's also about a mile from the Mclaren test track at Longcross.

Ah, when I saw the Windlesham address, I did wonder if it was the old BOC HQ. I'm glad that an amazing building has fallen into the right hands (after a few years of neglect):

https://valleyend150.wordpress.com/2017/08/20/2648/

And, more recently (unfortunately): 

• Like 1