Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BBC - Again! - Page 6 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

BBC - Again!

PaulCP

I've been listening to the World Service for over 20 years, since Kampala became the first location in Africa to broadcast it on FM, was even interviewed by them in 2001.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The BBC should now carry a warning at the start of their news programmes: -
“The following programme may contain anti government and biased unbalanced reporting with inflammatory stories”

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Nope @910Esprit.  But then the BBC are still so partisan when it comes to anything to do with this government. 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

But they managed to find one person from the general public who DOES care so they are perfectly happy to state repeatedly, that 'the public' are outraged. 

Yes they do love to find one thing and just keep picking at it like it's the worst thing that ever happened.

Edit to add:

Not necessarily defending the actions here, but I also think that the folks working at the government who had probably been together dealing with the pandemic and every other problem under the sun don't get nearly enough credit for the stressful jobs they are doing.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TdM said:

Edit to add:

Not necessarily defending the actions here, but I also think that the folks working at the government who had probably been together dealing with the pandemic and every other problem under the sun don't get nearly enough credit for the stressful jobs they are doing.

Totally agree. Yup, they probably should not have, but yep, they had probably been working their arses off. And yup, I am sure many of the outraged did something, visited somewhere, that should not have done.  I'm really getting pissed off with the BBC's constant sniping.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

The BBC are a fecking disgrace. I noticed Lammy was on there this morning spouting utter shite as well. 

Most folks can see through this blatant manipulation by the left leaning clowns.

2 hours ago, 910Esprit said:

Does anyone really give a f**k about a small Xmas Party that took place a year ago in Downing Street? 

I wonder just how much Coke they snorted 🤣 - that’s very relevant at the minute.

Only here once

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, MPx said:

People need to get the chips off their shoulder, be a bit less ready to be offended,

Ahhh - nice point and well made. A couple of days ago an apology was made by the levelling up minister over Grenfell. Wasn’t long before the bbc were touting a relative on the radio who was indeed grossly offended over an apology.

Folks need to get a grip on life these days frankly.

Dont even start me on Stans right to have babies……

Only here once

9 hours ago, MPx said:

The Beeb or anyone really shouldn't start making the news on the errors and insensitivites in a first draft.   Its just more of the announcing the news before its announced.   

The Beeb will do anything that suits and pushes their agenda.
I’ve just this morning witnessed the awful Naga quickly jump in to shut someone up because she was talking sense, but that wasn’t what she/they wanted to hear.

As for the leaks that are coming from no10, anyone else thinking that the petulant and sulky Cummings could be behind it?

• Like 1

and right on q @PaulCP we have the latest headlines breaking following a tweet from Cummings on this all. He really is an odious little man.

• Like 2

The small print.

18 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

He really is an odious little man

quite mild from you, probably worse than just odious

15 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

quite mild from you, probably worse than just odious

I'm chilled bud :)

The small print.

• Gold FFM

They are back onto the flat refurbishment costs on the front page of the BBC now, they are obviously really struggling for news these days. Possibly a good sign for the world!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Maybe "Auntie" likes to prod the gov't sometimes to try and show punters that they ARE unbiased (by massaging/creating/re-hashing any old story) , but when the gov't of the day gets fed up and takes the Licence Fee funding away and turns them to a self supporting organisation, let's see what they make of themselves then. I do wonder how many celebrity presenters they'll have.  Not that I give a hoot.

• 3 weeks later...

Right . Let’s talk about today’s obvious obvious , in your face , lurid dayglo blatant BBC bias after the conviction of Ghislaine Maxwell .

Just another reason why I gave up on BBC news . 

The beeb sought a comment on the case from Alan Dershowitz- the lawyer for Epstein and the target of allegations by alleged victims himself -.ie NOT impartial .

Except that the BBC “ forgot “ to tell their viewers the above !

Theyre now “ looking into it “.
Yeah right …
Instead of giving you a vague gutter press inspired whinge about the BBC not being as right wing as you’d like - I’ve just given you a real specific example from today ,  of how the BBC protects the rich patrons of criminal Epstein and Maxwell - by pretending their supporter is “impartial “.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well it’s a start, hopefully. At least the words are encouraging.

I know it’s the Daily Mail but I guess the BBC won’t be reporting on this

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10406491/Nadine-Dorries-hits-BBC-2bn-funding-cut-freezes-annual-licence-fee-charge-2024.html

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

So if the rumours are true the TV licence will be scrapped in 2027 - may as well cancel it now and save the £800 or so between now and then. Although I have a suspicion that it'll just be added to every home's council tax bill where it can't be avoided.

We don't watch much (if any) of the BBC nowadays. If I were to disconnect the aerial and block the BBC web address in the router I don't think anybody in the house would notice.

Signature not working...

35 minutes ago, Mysterae said:

So if the rumours are true the TV licence will be scrapped in 2027 - may as well cancel it now and save the £800 or so between now and then. Although I have a suspicion that it'll just be added to every home's council tax bill where it can't be avoided.

We don't watch much (if any) of the BBC nowadays. If I were to disconnect the aerial and block the BBC web address in the router I don't think anybody in the house would notice.

It's a distraction tactic to diver =t attention from parties

• Like 1