Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Shares - Page 14 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Shares

Bibs

Talking of beers, I've been buying shares in Guinness for years, might as well just poured my money down the drain........:getmecoat:

• Haha 1

Dave.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

If you'd popped a few mill into the companies shares this morning, you'd be taking an early lunch and having a few beers!

I am anyway. After scoffing my Greggs profits 🍺

Good luck with Guinness.  It's not all Champagne and roses.  I've had shares in Shepard Neame for many years, they were doing well, but covid hit them hard and they're still not recovering.  And the budget hasn't helped with their pubs, with an increase in alcohol duty.

image.jpeg.19b58fefce2b8feb938e4827c93d7765.jpeg

On 16/03/2023 at 14:39, Mark Blanchard said:

Good luck with Guinness.  It's not all Champagne and roses.  I've had shares in Shepard Neame for many years, they were doing well, but covid hit them hard and they're still not recovering.  And the budget hasn't helped with their pubs, with an increase in alcohol duty.

image.jpeg.19b58fefce2b8feb938e4827c93d7765.jpeg

They seem to be shutting down all their local pubs apart from a few town centre ones and  selling off the buildings to be converted into hmos

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Last week ended well but another dim start to the week so far. Lucky this is all long term, if I relied on trading for an income I've have had more ulcers than I care to think about! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

I’m thinking to set my Trading App to automatically play some Status Quo each time I log in!

Get down deeper and down
Down down deeper and down
Down down deeper and down
Get down deeper and down 😂

• Haha 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

My Unite Group (UTD) I recommended at 836, Now at 952 and Broker views still 1126 with a "strong buy". Dividend nearly 4% as well. Very pleased with them.

Fevertree however, @Sparky, Can suck my left testicle! 1780 down to 1256 and just issued a profit warning as coming in well below forecast due to costs. 1.1% Dividend. Bugger!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Yeah, but it tastes lovely in my gin so yar boo sux.

• Haha 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• 1 month later...

Hope no one invested in purple bricks in 2017 at 500p a share as today the company was sold for a £1 and the shares are worth 0.8p

• Sad 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I looked at Lotus Bakeries shares earlier this week - a dividend of 40EUR/share. Only problem is the price for one share is approx 6000EUR (yes - thousand)

• 2 weeks later...

Got my arse kicked on Vodaphone during the week. Sure they will come back by the time I retire in about....... ohhh 100 years.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Tech market has virtually recovered 2 years loses in last 3 weeks! - Not complaining a single bit but what’s going on?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Pure speculation but Wondering if all the AI talk has has a hand in pushing it up.

10 hours ago, mayevora said:

Pure speculation but Wondering if all the AI talk has has a hand in pushing it up.

Maybe it's the AI itself pushing it up and it's just the start of the end!!!

We have a long way to go on AI before it's "safe" , this wasn't a real life thing, it was a simulation, but slightly concerning all the same. Difficult in war to ask an AI to require AI to abide by Asimov's first rule.

https://news.sky.com/story/ai-drone-kills-human-operator-during-simulation-which-us-air-force-says-didnt-take-place-12894929

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2023 at 14:25, Kimbers said:

My Unite Group (UTD) I recommended at 836, Now at 952 and Broker views still 1126 with a "strong buy". Dividend nearly 4% as well. Very pleased with them.

Fevertree however, @Sparky, Can suck my left testicle! 1780 down to 1256 and just issued a profit warning as coming in well below forecast due to costs. 1.1% Dividend. Bugger!

Fevertree down again this week

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

19 hours ago, pete said:

Fevertree down again this week

Thanks so much. You are a real help! 😰

• Haha 1