Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Type 131 - The Rumour Mill - Page 28 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Type 131 - The Rumour Mill

Bibs

@Evotionit possibly depends on what you call "better", some would counter bringing out a more powerful version is not like upgrading the interior or adding a different option package

we purchased a brand new (one of the very last) Evora S just before the 400 came along, and we had no issue

if you keep thinking what if Lotus bring out a newer/better version in 3 months/6 months time you will never buy a new one

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

11 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

I know this will bring me ridicule, but has anyone heard anything in terms of the practicalities of the car?

Well, as mentioned, the Volvo tech that may be on the car infers a move to smarter functions to aid daily driving.

If you refer to space to put stuff in  then don't hold your breath.

In the V6, I intend to tick every box that offers daily driving comfort as I will be using it for all sorts including trips to France - Covid allowing.

For the 4-Cyl it will be the opposite and I will be ticking every delete box, ask them to remove extra stuff and add a roll-cage.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

this is not a spoiler but hopefully answers @DaveC72we asked the factory about getting two suitcases in, and with the measurements we were given for the space behind the seats we are happy we can drive to Southampton for a 28night cruise with two large suitcases behind the seats putting soft luggage in boot 

• Like 2

Darryl & Sue

8 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Would it not be better to just wait and see now, given how close the launch at Goodwood will be? (assuming it goes ahead with public attendance).

Ha, of course but what is the fun in that!! 😀

Some of us need to chat about the Whats, ifs and buts to keep us on the boil 🤩

1 minute ago, DarrylV8 said:

this is not a spoiler but hopefully answers @DaveC72we asked the factory about getting two suitcases in, and with the measurements we were given for the space behind the seats we are happy we can drive to Southampton for a 28night cruise with two large suitcases behind the seats putting soft luggage in boot 

Well, it is a spoiler. 😄

This infers a lot - such as the length of the car.  Not a bad thing mind.  Nice one.

1 hour ago, Evotion said:

What I do fear is buying an early Emira and then 6 months later they bring out a 'better' version. That would really piss me off.

Have Lotus got any history of that?

Oh no no, Lotus have never done that kind of thing - much!🤦🏻‍♂️ Your new here I see. Great to share In your innocence……and I joke but I hope Lotus have learned not to have Special Editions or rebadged cars every 5 mins, and not to kid buyers this will be the last, final never to be seen again most powerful variant, only for it to be superseded the following month - I hope we left all that back when JMG reined!😉

Incidentally your enthusiasm for the new car is fantastic! We just need to find another 5000 like you!👍😎

• Like 1

Well only 2500 p.a. if they all buy two like him. 😀

That was interesting about the two suitcases behind the driver. It proves that there will be fresh air there like a +0 Evora. This tallies with what looks like the same wheelbase on that Evora mule, so the seat backs will not be up against the bulkhead like most mid-engined two seaters.

• Like 1

Ha.   You seen my videos?  Over-enthusiasm is a weakness of mine. 😁

I just felt something in the air that breathed 'buy a Lotus, Ade'...

I just have this feeling it is going to be seriously epic.  Everything else just needs to fall into place.

I can envisage myself waiting at a junction and a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, what have you, pulling up beside me and THEM being the ones looking envious.

• Like 1

totally off piste,@ramjetyou (Australians & New Zealanders) certainly need to show the England cricket team how to play the game! oops and you being a moderator; i can see this being deleted and me getting a RED card!!

• Haha 1

Darryl & Sue

4 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

I hope Lotus have learned not to have Special Editions or rebadged cars every 5 mins, and not to kid buyers this will be the last, final never to be seen again most powerful variant, only for it to be superseded the following month

McLaren seem to do all right out if it! ;)

And Porsche is a master of versions/editions....

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

12 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

we asked the factory about getting two suitcases in, and with the measurements we were given for the space behind the seats we are happy we can drive to Southampton for a 28night cruise with two large suitcases behind the seats putting soft luggage in boot 

Evora owners get no support for SH values there then. Good news for those seeking one - more cast-offs likely from suitcase owners.

A hopeful..........

Edited by mdavies
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM
22 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

totally off piste,@ramjetyou (Australians & New Zealanders) certainly need to show the England cricket team how to play the game! oops and you being a moderator; i can see this being deleted and me getting a RED card!!

What's cricket?

Aren't they a little bug like a grasshopper? :getmecoat:

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
On 13/06/2021 at 21:43, C8RKH said:

But you and I both know he was referring to the potential warranty from Toyota to Lotus. 

Otherwise you comment makes no sense as it would be "would Lotus putting a supercharger on the Toyota engine void the Lotus warranty" would it not?

It adds nothing to the conversation to talk about Toyota warrantying a Toyota engine with a supercharger in a Toyota - it ain't a bloody Lotus or a Lotus product.

I'm happy to admit I'm wrong, I'll leave you to know you were right lol....

Well pardon me for reading something someone wrote on the internet and interpreting it differently to someone else :) 

Likuid's original post referred to "any" warranty, which I read as a warranty from Lotus or Toyota.  From over a decade of talking to people in the Lotus community including dealers and factory staff about the Evora I've always been under the impression Lotus had a warranty from Toyota on the Toyota engines.  I've heard factory staff talk about the engines in terms like "it arrives in a crate from Toyota and we don't do anything to it, but we do stuff to the ECU...".  But it seems the Toyota warranty was incorrect or an urban myth, and Bibs' post here is the first time I've heard there's no Toyota warranty.  I'm clearly not the only one who's misunderstood this.  There's been talk on other threads about warranties on gearboxes from Aisin and Lotus having to work within parameters set by them to avoid voiding that warranty.  I wonder if that's similarly incorrect?

As an owner it doesn't matter, as the warranty is from Lotus.  The Toyota engines have had a great reputation for reliability, which is what Lotus needed after the years of "lots of trouble...", so whether Lotus had a warranty with Toyota is I guess interesting but not the main point.  Lotus adding a supercharger still gives owners a warranty.  An owner adding an aftermarket Komotec supercharger to an NA or a reprogrammed ECU is a different scenario.

• Haha 1

I too was under the impression that the crated motor had some form of warranty @TomE as this was clearly mentioned on a factory tour.

Makes no odds to me and i'm sure Bibs knows his stuff.

• Gold FFM

I thought it too for the record.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I am not sure if Lotus test the engines with the provided Toyota ECU before installing them. If they do I could see Toyota warrantying them up until they are installed into the car and before any Lotus ECU is used. Maybe that's what they mean.

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

On 02/05/2021 at 08:58, jimichanga said:

Evija is very compact especially for a hypercar. The car under the cover would be Elise sized. Emira will definitely be bigger than that but it’s just a CG render and not especially accurate.

Clearly no bolt on aero parts on Emira which does suggest electric ‘active’ aero. Not the lightest way to do it but I have been told Chapman believed aero parts should be integrated so might approve of that at least!

Hi, i am told Emira will have an Evora footprint.

On 02/05/2021 at 15:19, DAV1D said:

I hope the tacky black & carbon badge is an option. I’ve just about got used to the new roundel but it needs to be yellow and green! 

3F319B18-82F9-42FC-8B91-04D63D1943AA.jpeg

I am not keen on the new badge either. Looks not as classy as before.

Yes talk of fitting luggage behind the front seats suggests very similar interior dimensions to Evora 2+0. Lots of Evora underneath the new body. No bad thing at all. Exige gets away with the Elise tub because it's so light but the Evora chassis much stiffer and designed for a V6 from the start. Definitely a better choice for anything over 1200kg.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
26 minutes ago, Karl M Roberts said:

Hi, i am told Emira will have an Evora footprint.

The pictures of the Evora-based mule with wheel arch flares suggest the Emira track is slightly wider. Whether that means a wider car or wider cabin interior remains to be seen.  I suspect the goal of “more useable” means narrower sills and so potentially wider footwells. 

I’d heard from both factory and dealer that Emira is noticeably shorter than Evora.

30 minutes ago, TomE said:

The pictures of the Evora-based mule with wheel arch flares suggest the Emira track is slightly wider. Whether that means a wider car or wider cabin interior remains to be seen.  I suspect the goal of “more useable” means narrower sills and so potentially wider footwells. 

I’d heard from both factory and dealer that Emira is noticeably shorter than Evora.

Yes Tom, i thought why would Emira be the same length as Evora when it is a two seater. As you said, it will be slightly wider than Evora. I have seen the mule car on the A11 near Hethel, it looks strange when coming towards you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...