Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Type 131 - The Rumour Mill - Page 25 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Type 131 - The Rumour Mill

Bibs

Very few car makers have much interest in petrol sports cars at the present time. Emira is a stop gap, as is widely understood, nothing controversial about that. 

Small EV sports car is really where lotus could really stand out and get the jump on their rivals. That’s the exciting future for Lotus as a business.

5000 Emiras is not what Geely are investing all this money for. Everyone knows this, shouldn't really be putting anyone's nose out of joint.

Edited by jimichanga
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, jimichanga said:

I think the reality is Geely don't give a stuff about the Emira, it's just a stop gap until the electric SUVs start rolling out of a large chinese factory

If that was even half true then the magnificent EV SUV made in China would already have been launched.

• Like 2

Only here once

I don't think new buyers into the Lotus brand have an affinity towards their Lotus being made in Hethel or even the UK.  Geely has proved Volvo does not need to be made in Sweden with their two most popular models made in the US and China respectively.  It'll take some time before the Lotus volume warrants a foreign production line, but if it does...  That is a sign of success for Lotus.

• Like 1

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

Have you been dirty camping on Potash Lane

• Haha 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 03/06/2021 at 21:30, Likuid said:

So far from what we know the I4 will be DCT only and not a Toyota and the V6 will be manual or torque converter auto, but will be Toyota. Personally I think this is absolutely stupid on Lotus part if true. Not having a manual option for the I4 is kind of crazy to me and having a DCT on the I4, but not on the V6 also is very confusing.

That being said, who knows how true it is.

I couldn't agree more! I get that they are sourcing their engines from other OEMs so that would most likely explain the engine/transmission combinations but from what I'm hearing are the pairings/horsepower figures seems like a quick way to shoot yourself in the foot on gaining the sales figures they want. 

It's 2021, why exactly do these vehicles have the same HP figures as 10 years ago? I know power isn't everything but power figures sell sadly and nobody really wants a sub 500 sportscar today. They had an opportunity to bring out an Evora replacement with 500 to 550 horsepower paired with a solid manual and a DCT but decided to give us the exact same engine/transmission option again. (doesn't make much sense other than knowing about cost).

Then there is the I4 which is a tad over 200hp, another silly mistake. The I4 turbo should not be below 350hp if I'm being honest but will see how the sales go. I'm just no convinced current figures are going to woo over new buyers. Lotus marketing team/customer understanding most have information I don't have. 

33 minutes ago, BoostedTrav said:

Porsche has some wizardry hold over journo's and influencers when it comes to selling them cars and those people swear by it.

FTFY :)

You are right, in the US numbers mean everything, sort of makes my earlier point well and whby a lot of accountants buy Porsches!  hehehehehehehehehehehehe

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

^^ this... There is no law against photographing a car. The only other reason is you want to sell the spy shots, which you probably can!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, AK70 said:

Well.. why wouldn’t you share it here? 

If they drive it around outside somewhere, others will see it too and post the pictures… I think TLF should be the place for the first spy shots 😉

Exactly that - if they’re out and about they’re clearly happy to have the car seen….simple! And anyway the more publicity they get, the more interest is created which leads to more car sales! Win, Win, Win! 📸😎

5 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

Wow

Amazing what you can see when you're out and about.

Yes, pictures but no, won't share.

Wow, just wow.

Nice enough to chop in the Esprit for?😉

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I don't mean the branches. I mean the whole tree. :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 05/06/2021 at 12:22, jimichanga said:

Small EV sports car is really where lotus could really stand out and get the jump on their rivals. That’s the exciting future for Lotus as a business.

5000 Emiras is not what Geely are investing all this money for. Everyone knows this, shouldn't really be putting anyone's nose out of joint.

You may well be right actually. If they could do a half price or 2/3rds of the price Tesla Roadster sort of thing they could have smashed a big hole in the market, especially if they sold globally.

Imagine the horror from the Lotus die-hards though! 😁

Yeah, ha, on reflection, good on Lotus/Geely for giving is one last ICE hoorah and I do hope it is an end of era defining masterpiece.

20 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

Wow

Amazing what you can see when you're out and about.

Yes, pictures but no, won't share.

Wow, just wow.

Ha, how many PMs have you received.  

I kinda want to see it but I also kinda want to wait and share the experience on here, or at Goodwood if I can wait that long, with others.

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Is 500 HP+ even possible on the Toyota engine - and still reliable, even with a 'box that can cope with it?

I suspect those hoping for 500HP+ will be disappointed,

How quickly we all forget that power corrupts. 400 is fine!

I had an Integrale with just 220HP and that 'felt' fast and handled like a god. I never contemplated modding it for more. It was perfect TO ME as it was.

I am hoping the Emira will be the same. I will not be swayed by HP and weight but only by the drive itself. The chances of me being disappointed are very, very low.

I do appreciate that others will immediately be put off by the headline figures and never take the effort to drive the car but that might well be their loss.

• Like 2

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel