Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 158 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Grabbed a coffee from one of those vans on my daily walk last week. Asked if they wanted card or cash (considering low value and charges) to get the answer that card is preferable. Seems odd. Cash always used to be preferred for small businesses and low value as the money stays in the pocket of the vendor and not the banks.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

yes we get people paying for things in dads farm shop with a card to the value of say £2.40 etc just havent got a bean on them 🙄 and its not out of the question that the card reader goes down then !!!🙄

31 minutes ago, Colin P said:

Grabbed a coffee from one of those vans on my daily walk last week. Asked if they wanted card or cash (considering low value and charges) to get the answer that card is preferable. Seems odd. Cash always used to be preferred for small businesses and low value as the money stays in the pocket of the vendor and not the banks.

For some retailers cash is fine because they can use it in turn to pay for business costs, but any they cannot use it then have to have a way to deposit it at a  bank. that's a PITA because banks may be open only at the times their own business operates so the retailer has to take time out to deposit the cash, let alone some physical challenges such as parking nearby, and then the retailer has to pay a fee to the bank for cash handling.  As card payment fees get smaller, the use of cards gets more attractive for the retailers. This all assumes that businesses deposit and account for all cash received,  I'll not speculate on that.

It’s hard enough to to find a bank that I can pay money into round here. There’s been so many closures, I now have to travel about 6 miles whereas a few years ago, I could walk to one in the town in about ten minutes.

Due to covid, I can see cash disappearing faster than originally envisaged.

Margate Exotics.

Lots of people don't realise that they can pay cash to their normal bank account at a Post Office. I know Post Offices are disappearing as well, but there's normally at least one in each town.

• Like 2

This one was published on April 4th, is that close enough?

'You can't bullshit a bullshitter' (or can you?): Bullshitting frequency predicts receptivity to various types of misleading information - PubMed (nih.gov)

Sorry, misread it, published on Feb 4th 😄

Edited by mg4lotus

8 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

I wouldn't worry too much about it if I was you

So is that supposed to help?

The NIH isn't a crackpot conspiracy site, it is a US government funded organisation to the tune of over $40 billion.

image.png.117bd647a4cf28dc605db13e81155958.png

image.png.709a3eae37efc720f22154a7efaae040.png

My original statement holds I believe.

I didn't see any science there. It appears anybody can post any BS on there that they want.

If it's of no help to you it might be of help to others.

Don't take my word for it, use your own eyes.

• Like 1

It is a Perspective article (available from within the extract page), I assume it is meant to be something digestible by a wider audience than focused experts. Intended for a professional audience, eg: doctors, of whom one showed it to me.

It is peer reviewed, so should pass the BS filter

It references 20 papers, which are based on science.

If you choose to ignore  @mg4lotus, fine, but others may have differing opinions.

on quick scan it appears however written about when the vaccine(s) were in trial stages, that the volunteers for the trials should be made aware that the (unproven at that time) vaccine could have unknown consequences. Not written from the perspective that the vaccine which has completed the necessary clinical trials, should have patients informed of such potential consequences.

To me, volunteers who take part in clinical trials should and must be made aware of possible consequences, that's only right and decent thing to do. 

• Like 2

^^ What he said.

If you are looking for an excuse to not be vaccinated that's up to you, it's not mandatory. I hope you don't get the virus. If you do get the virus I hope you don't pass it on to other people. If you do pass it on to other people I hope they don't die. That would be a terrible thing to have on your conscience.

Take care and stay safe.

• Like 1

More speculation about the origin of the virus....part of a bit on the BBC,

The World Health Organization's investigation into the origins of the pandemic needs to "explore all possible theories", Downing Street says, following reports that workers at Wuhan's virology laboratory were treated in hospital as far back as November 2019.

A US intelligence report says three researchers from the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) sought hospital care a month before China reported the first cases of what became known as Covid-19, the Wall Street Journal reports.

• Gold FFM

Well Dominic Cummings is today trying it seems to completely upstage Megan Markle in the how to be a complete twat stakes.

Why are the government’s select committee allowing this knobhead to have a stage to act out on?

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Well, we are in another 7 day lockdown. Indian variant, I believe, has gotten out and we have had more public transmissions so away we go again.

Not just us, but the world is going to see this going on for quite a while yet.

This is the most uncertain time that I have ever lived through.

• Sad 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Cumming’s credibility goes down everytime he opens his mouth.

When he gave his latest version of events as to the Barnard Castle trip, (being that he had received death threats from a mob outside of his house I believe?), why the fck didn’t the panel conducting the interview ask him at what point he contacted the police to report it.

He is clearly a very vengeful person who is running Markle close for the award of the highest quantity of wild fabricated stories

• Like 1

From a procedural point of view it was not a very impressive performance either.  Political opponents were simply allowed to ask, a very bitter guy, leading questions seeking 'opinion'.   In the final analysis, he took 7 hours to say he considers Matt Hancock dishonest and incompetant and considers Boris just to be incompetant.   It should also be remembered that the early decisions regarding Lockdowns etc were taken when scientists were stating there was no prospect of a vaccine in the near future.