Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 10 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

8 minutes ago, andydclements said:

Yep,  blocked drains could then lead to a far more deadly problem like cholera if idiots then somehow infect / cross-contaminate drinking water. But that would be very unlikely unless there are a lot of potential Darwin award winners.

Edit: They're probably the people who wouldn't know how to use a knife other than a stabbing motion or something, so not likely.

PS:Looks like people and even the virus don't want to come to Norfolk 

image.png.b6eb9938f32f5c2344f325ee5ec79777.png

Wait until people start to take holidays there because it is virus free 🙄

We’ve only 1 case here in Suffolk at the last count but when all the Londoners start coming to their holiday homes and raid Aldburgh en masse at Easter that will soon change

• Gold FFM

Just when I thought the paper cut to my ring piece couldn’t get any worse thanks to  that bloody @mayevora stupid suggestions but I’ve now got a massive splinter in my right arse cheek cos of that fecking fence....

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

My shared drain was blocked by kitchen roll a couple of years ago, so it can happen. Dyno Rod came to unblock it, how these blokes do that job is beyond me. I reckon they must be a different breed, odd-looking sort with curiously brown forearms, and clearly possessed no sense of smell whatsoever. He had a call on his mobile whilst doing the job, picked it up with his gloves on, answered the call, and simply chucked it back on the van dashboard. After clearing the blockage, he simply wiped his hands on a bit of old rag, and climbed back in his van, which probably had more germs in it than Porton Down. I was nearly gagging.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Time for me to, ahem, come clean - I did that job for about 3 months quite some time ago (long story).  More money than you can shake a shitty stick at, and not as bad as one would think.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

8 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

My shared drain was blocked by kitchen roll a couple of years ago, so it can happen. Dyno Rod came to unblock it, how these blokes do that job is beyond me. I reckon they must be a different breed, odd-looking sort with curiously brown forearms, and clearly possessed no sense of smell whatsoever. He had a call on his mobile whilst doing the job, picked it up with his gloves on, answered the call, and simply chucked it back on the van dashboard. After clearing the blockage, he simply wiped his hands on a bit of old rag, and climbed back in his van, which probably had more germs in it than Porton Down. I was nearly gagging.

I bet he'll live to his late 80's / 90's too.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Went to the supermarket this morning. Brilliant, hardly anybody in there and I could move about without having to dodge around pushchairs, or mobility scooters! :thumbup:  

Mind you, the pasta shelves were still empty and it was quite amusing walking past the pallets of bog rolls and hearing people apologising for picking up packs - "No I do actually need them" :D

• Gold FFM
8 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

to  that bloody @mayevora stupid suggestions but I’ve now got a massive splinter in my right arse cheek cos of that fecking fence....

🤣 - Now, I can’t see us all cueing up to help remove that one @Barrykearley -  I’m really hoping there will be a tutorial Utube clip on the extraction but I didn’t want my search history coming into question when I put, Wood and Arse Into Google. 😜

• Haha 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Unfortunately I was correct .................... world changing event ................. all trans American flights binned all Europe flights binned. Stock up and keep your vehicles brimmed with fuel. ........... fill your bath with water (clean it first)

Edited by Toeside
typo

Just saw another video and article regarding Italy, where 175-200 people are dying every day. That is a very high count of loss of lives. So many families grieving for their tragic loss. Desperate doctors and nurses work 12-14 hours every day, return home, and sleep for a few hours and then back to their job. Nearly no more masks, no more suits, no more oxygen, no more respirators to give to the newly infected every day, unless someone are passing. Dortors are now forced to give up patients and let them die and move over to new incoming patients. People in thousands are placed on cheap flod beds with just a blanket or a plastic sheet for covering, trying to survive. Meanwhile they can see their fellow countrymen next bed being zipped up and carried to the morgue and rhe bed cleaned a bit with neutralising cleaning agents. Even priests are on overtime, trying to keep up with the number of fatalities, performing hastily funerals. The amount of doctors and nurses diminishing little by little every day, because they fall ill or seriously ill too.
Now doctors are taking movie clips with their cell phones and sending them abroad to warn other countries not to take this threat lightly.
I am selected to be in the first row of emergency workforce, because we have no children and hopefully in a good state of health. So I am on job every day. There are 5 lines behind me to take over if I fall ill. After that, people will try to regroup and volounteer. After that there is no more support and everyone are on their own. I am not hamstering nor getting in panic. Let's hope and pray it won't get so far. We will get rhrough this bad period.
Meanwhile some (fairly many) Danish youngsters are meeting up to secret home parties during the night, sucking a table tennis ball, spitting it out into a glass of beer and letting the next one beside them drinking it, thinking it won't hit them. Many young people here got infected that way. Some are now severely ill.
Here in Denmark, despite the economical support, members of the Danish Industry expect over 40.000 people to be laid off in the next two weeks. The Danish government have sent near everyone home for two weeks. We'll see if that helps and if more is needed. For example my neighbour who have worked hard all his life and making a pension saving, lost near half of it already because of stock market's recent development.
Let's hope we won't have Italian conditions. My best wishes goes to some of our family who lives in Italy.
I think it's time to lay aside the jokes, forget the sarcasm and the cynical comments and get real.
I've said my prayers and wish the best for everyone here and elsewhere.
So best wishes to everyone her on the forum and your beloved ones. Hope you all get out of it well.
Jacques

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

18 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

yeah, let's all panic and empty the shelves and fook everyone else, Whoopee....

Or join a queue?

I agree lets not panic but that 'boat' sailed a few days ago.  I am afraid the sh*t has hit the fan. 

5 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Just saw another video and article regarding Italy, where 175-200 people are dying every day. That is a very high count of loss of lives. So many families grieving for their tragic loss. Desperate doctors and nurses work 12-14 hours every day, return home, and sleep for a few hours and then back to their job. Nearly no more masks, no more suits, no more oxygen, no more respirators to give to the newly infected every day, unless someone are passing. Dortors are now forced to give up patients and let them die and move over to new incoming patients. People in thousands are placed on cheap flod beds with just a blanket or a plastic sheet for covering, trying to survive. Meanwhile they can see their fellow countrymen next bed being zipped up and carried to the morgue and rhe bed cleaned a bit with neutralising cleaning agents. Even priests are on overtime, trying to keep up with the number of fatalities, performing hastily funerals. The amount of doctors and nurses diminishing little by little every day, because they fall ill or seriously ill too.
Now doctors are taking movie clips with their cell phones and sending them abroad to warn other countries not to take this threat lightly.
I am selected to be in the first row of emergency workforce, because we have no children and hopefully in a good state of health. So I am on job every day. There are 5 lines behind me to take over if I fall ill. After that, people will try to regroup and volounteer. After that there is no more support and everyone are on their own. I am not hamstering nor getting in panic. Let's hope and pray it won't get so far. We will get rhrough this bad period.
Meanwhile some (fairly many) Danish youngsters are meeting up to secret home parties during the night, sucking a table tennis ball, spitting it out into a glass of beer and letting the next one beside them drinking it, thinking it won't hit them. Many young people here got infected that way. Some are now severely ill.
Here in Denmark, despite the economical support, members of the Danish Industry expect over 40.000 people to be laid off in the next two weeks. The Danish government have sent near everyone home for two weeks. We'll see if that helps and if more is needed. For example my neighbour who have worked hard all his life and making a pension saving, lost near half of it already because of stock market's recent development.
Let's hope we won't have Italian conditions. My best wishes goes to some of our family who lives in Italy.
I think it's time to lay aside the jokes, forget the sarcasm and the cynical comments and get real.
I've said my prayers and wish the best for everyone here and elsewhere.
So best wishes to everyone her on the forum and your beloved ones. Hope you all get out of it well.
Jacques

The effects on everyone's lives family and friends will be life changing :( 

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

My daughter went to get some stuff at the shops. I went there on Saturday. Some stuff was gone, not everything.

My daughter went to the shops today. Sunday. Just one day later. 
Coles is now out of the following:

toilet paper, fruit, meat, pasta, rice, milk, hand sanitiser, baby Panadol.

ALDI is out of all of the above as well.

I went into the chemist as well just to buy some soap. Lots of vitamins on the shelves and perfumes.

The butcher is completely sold out of meat as well.

We will be the harbingers of our own demise.

I also just found out from her that as she was walking out of the shops with one Coles bag and four loaves of bread in another bag, a guy going the other way with his wife and a trolley full of anything and everything, muttered "As if she needs four loaves of bread."

Alicia saw red and let him have it and did not care as to who heard.

She also went to four other supermarkets and everything is gone. There is no fresh fruit. I don't know what everyone thinks they can do with fresh fruit? You can't freeze it.

Liz put something on Facebook as she is angry. A friend in Perth WA said that it is exactly the same over there. There is nothing left on the shelves.

Another friend is completely unable to buy nappies or formula for their baby.

I wonder how far things will go until a government declares martial law and places military at shops to control the idiots?

I think the worlds media also needs to shoulder some responsibility for this state of affairs.

Maybe 'Shop online' is broken with every supermarket in every country? :coffee: 

• Sad 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

No shortage of eggs where I work. In fact if anyone wants freerange chicken - there’s plenty going out on Wednesday on the death trucks before the new ones come.

Only here once

No,

after the 9/11 terror attacks the world didn’t go into meltdown most humans carried on living as “normal”............ now we have a flu type bug which may or may not be bringing an early end to the elderly with known chronic illness issues; panic buying, transportation companies crying out for government help, and we are going into meltdown down with countries closing borders/airline restrictions 

who needs terrorists when we can do their job for them....  

if there are any aliens in space watching this movie unfold they must be pis*ing themselves laughing 

yes off to the pub shortly, what a fu37ed up species us humans are!

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• Gold FFM
51 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Does anyone know anyone who’s had the virus yet?

There’s millions of folks whom will be ringing into work advising of self isolation.

i would highly recommend buying qvc and amazon shares

• Haha 1

Only here once

People panic buying are the issue. Fooking negative harbingers of doom are the problem. I actually believe that secretly some people are getting off on spreading rumours and news that predict the end of the world.

Keep going as you did before. Life as we know it is slowing down, not stopping. For many, take advantage of the slowing to rest. Recatch your breath. Focus on staying well. Or of course you could focus and panic about us all being doomed.

Panic buying will kill people. So the people doing it should eradicated just like the virus they are.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!