Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 115 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

1 hour ago, thebartman said:

Why are we starting to vaccinate the least economically useful members of society first?

More than likely because the reality is that the most economically useful ones are largely not affected by the virus. Yes, the ones who aren't allowed to work or to spend to keep our economy in once piece, those ones! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

With @Bibs here.

We keep going into lockdown because of the threat to those who are elderly or gave underlying medical conditions, so if we take action that reduces the threat to those groups (by both reducing the chance of contracting and reducing the chance of symptoms requiring hospitalisation) then there will be less need to worry about  how widespread the virus is, and so less/ no need for lockdown.  That high risk group also pose the greater economic cost if infected, as they'll need active care rather than most otherwise health adults who'd probably need just a few days off work etc (that's not saying it's a mild infection, that saying for most healthy adults it will be mild symptoms).

One might argue that any spikes in the annual death rates are just as likely due to the reduced access to ‘normal’ healthcare during much of 2020.

Plenty of cancer, mental health patients etc have been denied, frightened or simply unable to access the care they would normally have due to the ring fencing of hospital resources this year.

Even private hospital services have been effectively withdrawn as the NHS holds empty beds ‘just in case’ they are needed. Our local Spire private hospital has been largely empty (according to my fathers knee surgeon), whilst much needed surgery is repeatedly delayed for months.

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

Absolutely correct @eeyoreish - if you need access to cancer and heart care - then it’s really been rather hit and miss in our local area. Add to that folks whom are simply too scared to seek treatment.

we are being lied to. Following the science - my arse.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Untreated/untreatable dementia creeping in now ....

Who mentioned Logan's Run ? 

It's OK folks, I know it was @Barrykearley  😉 

It all seems pretty dystopian to me at the moment. Now I'm being told to open the windows to let covid out (which I don't have) but will I let any particles in ????   Bo((*cks. 

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Follow the science @thebartman 🤣

True viral scientists will tell you that containing a virus is almost impossible unless you isolate everyone and stop people moving and mixing. So folks going to work and school will have to wear a token gesture piece of tissue in front of their face - that will keep you and everyone else safe 😳

Only here once

So the scaremongering and heavy skew towards negative reports on the BBC is working. 

Just had a call from my parents, reconsidering their decision to come to us (tier 2) from their tier 1 haven on the Isle of Wight at Christmas after watching the news today about London being ‘off the charts’ (deliberately alarmist/sensationalist language on the BBC) and ‘new variants’ of Covid that may or may not be significant in the recent rise of cases.

Already their friends are starting to judge them for their decision to come and see us for 3 days, which of course they are quite entitled to do under the relaxing of rules for 5 days...

• Sad 2

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Any had/know anyone who has had the vaccine yet? I'm listed as clinically extremely vulnerable and would have it if offered but I think I'm in the 6th wave! Perhaps next year!! 

Me too, but heard nothing so far.  Believe you and I should be in Group 4.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Any had/know anyone who has had the vaccine yet? I'm listed as clinically extremely vulnerable and would have it if offered but I think I'm in the 6th wave! Perhaps next year!! 

My friends mum has had it ,she’s 84 next jab 5th jan- our local dr’s surgery is dedicated to COVID vacs every afternoon now so no appointments for ‘normal stuff’!

Not heard a word down here. Suspect I’m in group 6, but if it means getting an appointment at the surgery first, then it could be a long job.

My mum says she’s not having the vaccine because she’ll surely succumb to one of her other multiple ailments first. I’ve told her that’s fine, I’ll take her place in the queue.

Margate Exotics.

50 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Me too, but heard nothing so far.  Believe you and I should be in Group 4.

Correct, Group 4 same as me

This priority list is as follows:

1. residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
  2. all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
  3. all those 75 years of age and over
  4. all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals[footnote 1]
  5. all those 65 years of age and over
  6. all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
  7. all those 60 years of age and over
  8. all those 55 years of age and over
  9. all those 50 years of age and over
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

Mother-In-Law (75) returns from a care home tomorrow (recuperating from fractured leg) so shifts from Group1 to Group 3.  I'll have to padlock her in her bedroom for her own safety.  I'm sure she'll understand.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

3 hours ago, Sparky said:

Mother-In-Law (75) returns from a care home tomorrow (recuperating from fractured leg) so shifts from Group1 to Group 3.  I'll have to padlock her in her bedroom for her own safety.  I'm sure she'll understand.

So goes from a care home to a non care home

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

11 hours ago, pete said:

So goes from a care home to a non care home

Well at least she is locked in her own bedroom and not forced to sit in a "reception area" looking at 40 other old people slobbering, shouting, pissing themselves and sliding into the after life whilst being force fed jelly desserts...

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!