Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 132 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Here's the local paper's take on the funeral

Police attend Woodhall Lane funeral in Welwyn Garden City | Welwyn Hatfield Times (whtimes.co.uk)

No mention of the community involved.

Today, officers said they are working with partner agencies and the family, to ensure the safety of those attending Our Lady, Queen of Apostles on Woodhall Lane and that of the wider public.

From personal observation, I'm not sure that they did.

• Haha 1

I’m sure the police know from bitter experience that there’s no point trying to impose fines or social distancing with that lot. They may well tell the public they have, just to appease them though. 

If that's to encourage people to self-isolate after a +test, the sort of person who doesn't still isn't especially with £500 of the governments money in their pocket. What a dumb and ridiculously expensive idea.

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Couldn't agree more. I get that if somebody will loose income due to self-isolating then a payment will ease the problem but if somebody's income is not decreased* and expenditure not increased then why should it be necessary to give them  money for having been infected?  (* I could have said e.g. people on benefits, but I'd have meant only receiving benefits with no other income. Also people like myself aren't impacted, I get sick pay, or if I'm well but isolating then I can simply carry on as normal working from home).

A week or so ago, I noticed something on the field next to where I live, whatever it was arrived over the course of one day. A couple of days ago I walked the few hundred metres and found that it's a lot of glass bottles, so went and collected them yesterday and took them to the local bottle bank (as art of my now daily walk). I picked up in excess of 12 bottles (all Lambrini , all the same size 1.25l IIRC), so either one household got through 15litres + of that stuff in a day, or there was a gathering to celebrate some event, and it was well after Christmas. Obviously here in the countryside we are immune to the infection hence not needing to follow the rules, pity nobody informed the virus of that.

If they people a grant of £500 for abiding by the law and self isolating then I will be applying for a £500,000 grant for being a law abiding citizen all of my life!

Ridiculous idea!

I had a late night visit from the police last night checking on my recent movements!   It seems that one of my neighbours has been monitoring my movements....    Anyway, copper was nice as pie and no case to answer!   However, it sort of made me wonder what life would have been under the Stasi     

26 minutes ago, 910Esprit said:

I had a late night visit from the police last night checking on my recent movements!   It seems that one of my neighbours has been monitoring my movements....    Anyway, copper was nice as pie and no case to answer!   However, it sort of made me wonder what life would have been under the Stasi     

Your neighbour sounds like a nutter with not enough to keep him/herself occupied 

On 20/01/2021 at 18:08, Chillidoggy said:

I see the Archbishop of Canterbury (aged 65) has jumped the vaccination queue.

So a vaccine is better protection than Religion. Yup, that figures as most Religious Factions are just political groups anyway.

On 20/01/2021 at 18:39, Chillidoggy said:

Something to do with him doing care work or similar. I do feel he should have turned the other cheek.

It goes in your arm, not your arse :)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

t goes in your arm, not your arse

The arse is for speaking out of.

1 minute ago, Bibs said:

It seems that religion wants to be exempt from mass gathering bans,

May be these covidiots should be excluded from hospital treatment if they get covid, or have to pay a large fine before going into hospital.

3 hours ago, 910Esprit said:

A huge % of Police work is currently dealing with COVID law breakers and people who don't realise they are breaking it (or those that do and don't care)! Plus of course those instances where people dial 999 because their neighbour has gone out for the 2nd time that day so "It can't be essential". So I feel your pain but the Police have to be seen to be acting.

You would be shocked by how many people are breaking the rules constantly. Walking with 2 other people from outside their household, travelling to a park 10 miles away when there's one 30 seconds away because "I wanted a change of scenery". Having someone round and telling you they are "their support bubble" then the next day its someone else (you can't change it), Refusals to wear masks making up some crappy health issue they don't have a exemption certificate for, "Just popping out for a drive because I was bored", meeting some mates in the park, going out and getting a bunch of flowers "for the Mrs to cheer her up", Having 2 other couples round for a game of Bridge because "We've done it for 30 years and we added them on our support bubble" (which is their grown up son and not their elderly friends). I could go on for ages. 

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

10 minutes ago, march said:

The Police only Issued 5 x £200.00 fines for the 400 people gathering - Not sure that is much of a deterrent for the attendees.

However the venue / organisers were fined £10,000 and that is going to be a deterrent.  The 5 guests detained were perhaps all the attending officers could get to before the crowd dispersed!

7 minutes ago, Techyd said:

The 5 guests detained were perhaps all the attending officers could get to before the crowd dispersed!

As it was a wedding I would have thought they must have a guest  (fine) list that could be examined and all asked to prove they were really somewhere else.

41 minutes ago, Techyd said:

However the venue / organisers were fined £10,000 and that is going to be a deterrent.  The 5 guests detained were perhaps all the attending officers could get to before the crowd dispersed!

No they weren't - the Police are considering it - the venue is claiming they new nothing about this 🙄, they are looking at the organisers but I bet this goes nowhere.

1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

So I feel your pain but the Police have to be seen to be acting.

No compaints at all.  The policeman was friendly, professional  and polite.   I would prefer them to clamp down on offenders

A friend of mine caught the Rona. In his 50s but fit as he went to the gym 5 times a week doing weights and HIIT classes. Recovered after 2 weeks but gave it to his partner.She's a bit younger but asthmatic. She had to stop taking her asthma medicine as it's steroid based so impacts the immune response.

Anyway all went quiet for a couple of weeks but the update is his partner has recovered OK but he is suffering from long covid effects. Severe fatigue and breathlessness.

It's not just death you need to worry about.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, march said:

No they weren't - the Police are considering it - the venue is claiming they new nothing about this 🙄, they are looking at the organisers but I bet this goes nowhere.

New nothing so why we're black out curtains at every window

hindsight: the science that is never wrong