Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 174 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Some crucial early data from Pfizer

MEDRXIV-2021-267417v1-Sigal.pdf (ahri.org)

Although 'omicron' has significantly greater escape from vaccination than 'beta' it is INCOMPLETE. The process for cell infection is the same and high levels of circulating antibodies provide the best protection. It is likely that the vaccine will still provide protection from severe disease.

Crucially the study demonstrates:

Previous infection, followed by vaccination or booster is likely to increase the neutralization level and likely confer protection from severe disease in Omicron infection.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Sounds like great news to me! 

Yup. I think that what we are seeing is that vaccination is not a "cure all", but DOES significantly reduce the risk of serious side effects / complications.

We should not with-hold future treatment for anti-vaxxers, but the likelihood of them having a more significant reaction to vaxxers is clear to see now.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

It’s got a bloke dressed in drag pretending to be a woman….oh hang on that’s not necessarily eliminating the planning dept - it’s the one booked at the theatre @andydclements

• Like 1

Only here once

6 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

got a bloke dressed in drag pretending to be a woman

Barry....????

• Haha 1

Carina has just spent the whole day trying to sort the passport out as a venue she is attending this weekend is demanding it. The process just does not work and everyone blames everyone else. Failing to get in to the venue will cost the us over £800.00 in lost meat sales if she can't sort it tomorrow - absolute farce.

• Sad 2

Here is a response from the NHS with regards to not being able to sort out the passport - definitely baffle with bulllsh1t rather than be helpful. A later response also stated it could be sorted at you GP practice, unfortunately the GP practice didn't have a clue what they were talking about!

National Customer Service Team (NHS App and Login)

8 Dec 2021, 17:00 GMT

Thank you for contacting the NHS App team.

The expiry date relates only to the QR code, which may need to be updated as international standards are agreed. The QR codes will automatically update when they expire, and anyone using the PDF option via the NHS website will be able to retrieve the new QR Code for use after the expiry date. 

The UK Government is contributing to the emerging international standards and the expiry date is only for the QR code, which will be refreshed automatically in the NHS App and on the NHS website when these standards are agreed.

This cannot be manually updated or rushed.

Kind regards,

National Customer Service Team, NHS App and NHS Login

Part of NHS Digital, www.digital.nhs.uk

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, march said:

Failing to get in to the venue will cost the us over £800.00 in lost meat sales if she can't sort it tomorrow - absolute farce.

If you can’t get in - then can you whack up some on here and post it out?.

Only here once

14 hours ago, march said:

Here is a response from the NHS with regards to not being able to sort out the passport - definitely baffle with bulllsh1t rather than be helpful. A later response also stated it could be sorted at you GP practice, unfortunately the GP practice didn't have a clue what they were talking about!

National Customer Service Team (NHS App and Login)

8 Dec 2021, 17:00 GMT

Thank you for contacting the NHS App team.

The expiry date relates only to the QR code, which may need to be updated as international standards are agreed. The QR codes will automatically update when they expire, and anyone using the PDF option via the NHS website will be able to retrieve the new QR Code for use after the expiry date. 

The UK Government is contributing to the emerging international standards and the expiry date is only for the QR code, which will be refreshed automatically in the NHS App and on the NHS website when these standards are agreed.

This cannot be manually updated or rushed.

Kind regards,

National Customer Service Team, NHS App and NHS Login

Part of NHS Digital, www.digital.nhs.uk

To be fair that is all true regarding QR code standardisation, and GP's are not in the loop on this at all. Nothing a GP can do other than request a vaccine confirmation certificate that is posted out but this doesn't have a QR code on it so cannot be read by scanners. England is way behind on this. Most of the EU had this running smoothly in late July.

58 minutes ago, oneshot said:

Just got my COVID pass from the NHS app no problem. I am off to see Rick Wakeman this evening and require a pass to get in.

I'm surprised a COVID pass is enough for Rick Wakeman, I would think you would need certifying ? Hope your username doesn't reflect your vaccine status ?

Edited by gregs24
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM

As of 24 hours ago - there has not been one single death of Covid due to the Omnicron variant in the 38 countries it has been detected in.

That’s not stopped the Scottish witch suggesting tonight that people should reconsider their xmas gathering plans. 

• Like 2

Only here once