Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 25 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Barry, he is also a lying B@stard as well (yes with a capital B)

As part of the labour manifesto he wanted to bring all private schools in to state ownership saying that going to a State school never harmed him. He didn’t go to a State school at all, I know exactly which school he attended and it wasn’t a cheap one.

• Like 1

On 09/03/2020 at 11:19, andydclements said:

A few weeks ago I made a mistake on the online shop, I wasn't ready to place the accurate order but knew that if I didn't secure a delivery slot the desired time I'd not get that time. I placed a dummy order of a few things I did need but the bulk of value made up of several large packs of toilet rolls. I managed to forget to alter the order in time, and so have a few months supply of toilet rolls.

This is either spooky, or, a further sign that I'm loosing it.

So, during the time when there was no hint at toilet rolls having a mass spike in sales, I accidentally managed to buy several months' worth.

Two days ago I was going to purchase a refill of a certain gin, I then realised that it was as cheap per cl to purchase a refill with another bottle, so that's what I went to do. It arrived to day, and upon opening the delivery, i checked the invoice, I'd accidentally purchased 2xbottles and 2x refills,  today the government announce closure of bars/ pubs. The subconscious seems to be predicting the future, or (far more likely) I'm just not safe when purchasing online.

• Haha 2

Today, 497 special doctors in private practice have joined the national hospitals standing by, ready to work aound the clock, to aid treatment of covid19 patients, here in Denmark. I am impressed of all the people who volountarily join to help.

I am sure we see the same everywhere. I just read Danish news.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

My daughter, a nursing student, has been asked by the last place that she did practical placement to apply for a job as they want/need her to stay.

My wife and I are taking up some essential items to our son today. 1 1/2 hour drive one way to bring him some toiletries and some food that he has not been able to get. He has already been abused by two different members of the public that he did not even know as to being guilty of hoarding. He has asked us to pack the stuff into non-marked bags.

My daughter saw a very intimidating man walk into a supermarket yesterday and walk out with three 12 packs to toilet paper. One under each arm and one in one of his hands. At the checkout, the young lady said "I am sorry sir, but you are not allowed to purchase all of that."

His reply? "What are you going to do to stop me? This is survival of the fittest." Threw more money than required on the counter and just walked out.

Apparently, there is a very good photo of him on their security cameras. I hope the police hold him to account.

Things like this may bring out the best in some, but it also brings out the worst.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I agree. And this is happening in many places. so Danish police told that from tomorrow morning, Saturday, they are giving fines, and they already arrested three young punks who made their day by stealing from a hospital. MAde the news immediately.

Kind regards,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Was hoping it was not me to post this, after two weeks of illness my father age 85 passed away today, suspected covid19, not confirmed yet as was only tested this morning after a week in and out of hospital so in self-isolation now until my dads test results come back in 3 to 5 days, no hardship there after watching what my dad as gone through this week. Please follow all the advice that is published it is not nice what I and my family have gone through in the last few days.

• Sad 10

5 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Was hoping it was not me to post this, after two weeks of illness my father age 85 passed away today, suspected covid19, not confirmed yet as was only tested this morning after a week in and out of hospital so in self-isolation now until my dads test results come back in 3 to 5 days, no hardship there after watching what my dad as gone through this week. Please follow all the advice that is published it is not nice what I and my family have gone through in the last few days.

RIP.... and my sincere condolences.

• Love 2

3 hours ago, pete said:

The queen always goes to Windsor at this time of the year. We all know that eventually we will be in lock down but your post said it was imminent which it wasn't so fake news and unnecessary scaremongering

Hardly scaremongering !

There were multiple discussions yesterday about how when and what will be restricted because of lack of compliance by the UK public. Ultimately the UK Government chose to go so far today but it seems unlikely that they will not go further if people continue to flout the requests and demands. Imminent means soon and in the current climate things change daily.

52 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

There were multiple discussions yesterday about how when and what will be restricted because of lack of compliance by the UK public. Ultimately the UK Government chose to go so far today but it seems unlikely that they will not go further if people continue to flout the requests and demands. Imminent means soon and in the current climate things change daily.

My understanding of the strategy is that the Gov are only trying to slow the spread not stop it.  So they want a continuous stream of cases but at a low level that hospitals can cope with.  If the Fkwits self select at a low enough level then they'll form the steady stream of cases and the restrictions wont have to get more draconian, but if they've interbred too much and the numbers are too high then more restrictions will follow.  Not sure how they're calculating infection rates since they aren't testing and there seems to be a three week lag to deaths but they must be basing it on some sort of assumptions.  The odd part seems to be that as the measures work and the numbers drop they will ease some restrictions to put a few more of us in harms way, since ultimately the assumption seems to be that nearly all of us will have to get it.  Then as the rate ramps up again the restrictions will come back to slow it again.  And repeat til the end of the year or whenever we get working drugs/vaccine.  I'm persuaded this is a good strategy to save the most lives, but I'm not convinced saving the most lives at any cost is the best strategy...

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

15 hours ago, C8RKH said:

If you have a choice now, and in the future, I would urge you to think twice before using any Britannia Hotel.  Their actions are those of total scumbags in my personal and humble view and their management do not deserve to benefit from decent people's cash being spent in their establishments.  I think we need to look long and hard at how company's treat their staff, and the actions they take, and we should remember for a long time after this "event" those who operated with compassion and decency whilst they could, and those who behaved like total scumbags. I've stayed at the Coylumbridge several times, but in future, it will be the MacDonald for me, every time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-51972372

Hmmm - that was some 'Admin Mistake' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-51972372

@scotty435 - very sorry for your loss ☹️

Edited by KAS-118
  • Love 1

Interesting piece for the BBC of all places.

Coronavirus: Have UK experts over-egged deaths? - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51979654

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Really sorry to hear about your dad Scott.

All the best to you all.

• Love 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

9 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Scott ... so very sad to hear about your loss. Sincere thoughts to you and your family. Stay as strong as you can possibly manage during these crazy times.

M.

• Love 1

Sorry to hear about your dad Scott, our thoughts are with you and your family 

• Love 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

What do you guys think of the Government paying 80% of people’s February level wages to prevent them being laid-off? Is it tax free? Does it mean they can stay at home and still get paid up to £2500 per month, so potentially £30,000 per year? The cynic in me thinks this could be wildly abused. Rubbish or unnecessary employees could just be kept on because they’re only costing 20%. In fact it might encourage unscrupulous employers to put far more of their staff into this position, so that they only have to pay 20% of their usual wage bill. Add on rent/mortgage holidays, tax credits and interest free company loans and certain individuals could do very well out of this, thank you very much. It could take the art of sponging off the state and giving nothing back to a whole new level.

Any opinions?

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Interesting piece for the BBC of all places.

Coronavirus: Have UK experts over-egged deaths? - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51979654

The biggest problem for the government is going to be maintaining civil order if theres a huge spike that would overwhelm hospitals, leading to knock on effects.

The infrastructure can cope with half a million dying and deaths a year,  but not the same in 3 months.

As individuals many of us are going to find ourselves having to deal with both anticipated and unexpected tragedies, where the usual support networks and facilities may be no longer available😥

Let's hope we can all help each other in this terrible time.