Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 52 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

43 minutes ago, pete said:

Please don't assume I have credit card debt.

I never mentioned credit cards and never assumed anything to be accurate so don't be so tetchy! My comment was a general one about debt if you read it.  Your own personal circumstances are for you, not me.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Be better if people weened themselves of the "debt train" and reduced the amount of debt that they had in the first place. 

That way the banks would make less from you (though they will always find a way to make more) and less of your money would be "wasted" on interest payments.

Can't see it catching on though, although from personal experience the first day I went 100% debt free was one of the best days in my life - the sense of relief and release was huge.

So the you  and your above was not directed at me?. 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

I didn’t read it like that @pete - the banks are being very naughty with these payment holidays. For many it will add hundreds if not thousands in extra interest payments. Frankly the whole of our country are far too reliant on credit - still at least Boris finally ended the DFS sale

• Like 1

Only here once

On 06/04/2020 at 15:04, Barrykearley said:

Airbnb are taking the piss. Honestly I was threatened with cancellation charges and being stripped of superhost status if I refused to let people come. This was on the evening of the PMs no movements and for the following few days after

They have relented after government pressure

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52229021

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, pete said:

So the you  and your above was not directed at me?. 

Nope - they were generic in the context of my general statement re debt and indebtedness in society today - apologies if you took it personally. Was not meant that way.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I did because you went from people to you to your but realise now it wasn't personal . Had just come in from walking the dog and had a row with a cyclist and a jogger over their gobbing and snot rocketing

• Like 2

Zero debt is great feeling, but I am surprised with the amount of bills even without home, credit cards and car payments.  We had debt for over 30 years and I'm incredibly lucky to have accomplished this task.  It was mostly luck, but we did work at it for several years.  The first 3 months of the year are property tax and home owners insurance (roughly 2 house payments).  Then the car insurance (3 cars yearly - another house payment).  But the part that's far more concerning is Healthcare (in the USA).  That will become our mortgage payment soon.  I'm not complaining or saying my situation is better than others - just stating even with zero debt, it takes skillful mastering of finances to get by.   I feel terrible for all the people impacted by the virus and hope they can get through it without massive debt or losses.  

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

5 hours ago, pete said:

Be better if people could pay the minimum with no interest charges for 3 months

If you refer to Credit cards, then they I think that some banks may be doing this but not for everybody. If it's somebody who is still employed, still earning as normal, then we don't want banks to subsidise that person in the same way as needed for a person whose income has just dried up and doesn't have substantial savings.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Just been out for the usual walk. People sunbathing on the beach, and another lot on the cliff top having a picnic beside the car. It's just not getting through, is it?

It never will Ian as long as Ive got a hole in my a***.  Unfortunately there have been instances of conflicting advice from government which I myself have seen and heard.  Saying that even if every statement from the government had been identical the world is full of idiots.  The ones that think they are so tough they wont get it, the morons who are too thick to be in a civilized society anyway, the toffs that think it doesnt apply to them etc.  I watched the BBC this morning and a question was put to the culture minister about when the lockdown review should take place.  So far removed from reality and didnt answer the question anyway.

£60 fines for the few that have been outside and reduced to £30 if paid early.  How about £5000, arrested and locked up for the duration.

M5 has been closed today.  Crash and a caravan is involved.  People off  for a lovely weekend probably.  Thick as s***.  Government instructions are "Stay at home"

Im afraid our lockdown is half hearted and will not be taken seriously by many many thousands.  Wait until Tuesday and you will see the people ignoring it over the weekend.  Same as the weekend before the lockdown began.

and then i read this.................

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-52231592

My wifes last pay rise as a nurse who has, with no choice except to hand her notice in,  currently been moved from her 3.5 day a week day surgery role to 12/13 hr shifts, will be working nights good Friday and Saturday got more than wiped out the same month because the hospital increased her parking charges.  These MPs will never do anything anymore except disgust me.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Just been out for the usual walk. People sunbathing on the beach, and another lot on the cliff top having a picnic beside the car. It's just not getting through, is it?

Don't understand it. They need to make it clear that exercise involves moving and not doing anything where people are stationary

39 minutes ago, andydclements said:

If you refer to Credit cards, then they I think that some banks may be doing this but not for everybody. If it's somebody who is still employed, still earning as normal, then we don't want banks to subsidise that person in the same way as needed for a person whose income has just dried up and doesn't have substantial savings.

Perhaps we should be have thought of that when we subsidised the banks

A neighbour has had the grand parents over for the last three days running, another has the grandchildren over today. :wallbash:

• Confused 1

• Gold FFM
29 minutes ago, PhilW said:

£60 fines for the few that have been outside and reduced to £30 if paid early.  How about £5000, arrested and locked up for the duration.

I've a better idea seeing as the culprits have so much time to flout the rules - the penalty should be a 12 hour shift helping out at their local hospital. Then perhaps they can see first hand the damage they are helping to spread and prolong.

30 minutes ago, PhilW said:

My wifes last pay rise as a nurse who has, with no choice except to hand her notice in,  currently been moved from her 3.5 day a week day surgery role to 12/13 hr shifts, will be working nights good Friday and Saturday got more than wiped out the same month because the hospital increased her parking charges.  These MPs will never do anything anymore except disgust me.

It's quite disgusting. Just think, a number of MPs who voted against giving nurses a pay rise are now relying on them to survive and save the UK from collapse.

The full list is here, and yes Boris is on that list.

Instead of giving nurses the clap every Thursday night (😬) as has been suggested, how about a 10% pay rise or tax break? I'd be happy to pay more tax for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Signature not working...

7 minutes ago, Mysterae said:

It's quite disgusting. Just think, a number of MPs who voted against giving nurses a pay rise are now relying on them to survive and save the UK from collapse.

The full list is here, and yes Boris is on that list.

Instead of giving nurses the clap every Thursday night (😬) as has been suggested, how about a 10% pay rise or tax break? I'd be happy to pay more tax for that.

Its amazing. I assume MP's have somehow classed themselves as something other than "Public sector"

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, cweeden said:

£10,000 extra to work from home, how long is that expected to last them. This is just so wrong

You are just so right!  👍

The small print.

So who thinks the Great British Public will cover themselves with shame and do what they damn well like this weekend?

Every evening this week a couple has driven their ugly little dog to the pub garden adjacent to our house. They just sit at the sole picnic table, supping cans of beer whilst playing on their phones, as the dog sits there. It’s kind of weird. They’ll stay for a couple of hours. It’s only a matter of time before other idiots see them and think, “well if they can do it, then so can I.”

So far I’ve turned a blind eye, because no-one else has been involved, but I can soon see that changing, so things might have to escalate. I wouldn’t be so bothered if they at least walked here, but no, they always turn up in their car. There are also two perfectly decent public parks within short walking distance, but they never seem to go there.

Just received £10,000 from the government :) 

No I am not a politician but a small business who has received the small business grant.

Edited by oneshot
  • Like 2
Dave - 2000 Sport 350