Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 56 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Good an all the gardenmanaging. That's the way. In Denmark, we have seen drastic drops in levels of insects, and therefore birds, as a consequenceof not having enough wild nature, also in cities. Therefore all local authories now leave grass, as in huge lawns, road sides etc, to grow pretty high, and voila, all sorts of other plants rush up to the joy and common good for insects and birds. Then, after Summer, they cut it down again. Sometimes they cut pathways into the areas, so children can run in between it and enjoy it.

Regarding corona cirus, Denmark opens op for schools 0-5 grade and all after school activities on Wednesday the 15'th and I tell you everyone are now very anxious because they allow children from a family who have in infected member or even ill member, to go to school and afterschool. The Danish version of NHS says it's secure and absolutely NOONE believes that. Because of the way housing for this is built, there's a 95% chance that we become infected. And the Danish NHS admits, that they want more people to become infected, albeit in a slow manner, to raise the level of national immunity.

I am as usual back on work on Tuesday after Easter, and will be met with all these children, who have an ill person in their family. I certainly don't look forward to that.

This is all done also because the Danish authorities want a part of the population back to work. NExt step in reopening is on May the 10'th.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

10 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

I did some shopping at the Asda today on my own. Me and the mrs normally do everything together including the shopping but she wasn't feeling too good, I think it may be pollen related.

My question is, now that I have come back home should I be socially distancing from her? We only have a double bed and that is not even 2 metres wide. Do we have to split the house up like Steptoe and son?

Will you be splitting the TV in half as they did? 

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Why aren’t we reporting the total recovered stats like other countries? The worldometer stats currently has the UK as only 344 patients recovered from 79,000 cases. Another list I have found has no value for UK recoveries. Other affected countries like Spain, China, Germany and Italy have these total recovered numbers in the many tens of thousands.

I do firmly believe that the media are behind a lot of the issues associated with this pandemic. They really just want to sensationalise every single second of it. 

DM's graph published recently showing UK daily deaths, a case in point. 

Opera Snapshot_2020-04-12_151707_www.dailymail.co.uk.png

• Confused 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

14 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

Apologies. There is nothing wrong with the mrs. (fingers crossed).

I just find it amusing that people think a man and wife shouldn't go shopping together, but if they shop individually they can still share the same house together when they have completed the shopping.

Yes we do wash our hands and keep 2 metres away from others not in our household where possible. We do follow government guidelines and as far as I am aware there are no rules to say you can't go shopping with your wife.

Two people together in one shop, and shopping for one household means a longer queue for others who are less selfish and try to think of more than themselves. A trait sadly lacking all too often in this lockdown.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

I do firmly believe that the media are behind a lot of the issues associated with this pandemic. They really just want to sensationalise every single second of it. 

Opera Snapshot_2020-04-12_151707_www.dailymail.co.uk.png

One thing I noticed is this graph has peaks cycled on a weekly basis 

Only here once

49 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Didn't you spot that despite being a smaller number, the final figure is a taller bar than the preceding six? :huh:

I've just spent ten minutes looking at that thinking "what the fook?" is going on here and wondering what the trick was?

1 hour ago, tim_marra said:

Two people together in one shop, and shopping for one household means a longer queue for others who are less selfish and try to think of more than themselves

Really? I am sorry but will challenge that even though in our household we have gone one at a time. Having one or two people behind the 2m line will make absolutely no difference whatsover to the time it takes in the shop. The only impact could be if the shop decides to only let one person in at a time (and around here, they are letting two people together in (do you think single parents who have no choice are also being selfish and only thinking of themselves?). As has been stated umpteen times previously in this thread it is OK for a maximum of two people to be together if they live in the same household. The increased risk of spreading the virus is not doubled! If we really want to go for people for being selfish and only thinking of themselves then there are better targets to pick, some even mentioned in this thread:

• mother taking young kids, mixing with other kids, in a playpark and having a picnic
  • dickhead in a park in London, getting pissed and sun stroke and needing t"rushed off their feet" over worked paramedics to deal with them
  • twat of a family inviting their friends around for a BBQ and a party
  • family inviting grandparents/grandchildren and others to an "easter party" at the house
  • people going to the pub beer garden every day
  • delivery drivers licking hands then touching parcels and door handles
  • scrotes coughing at police, nurses etc and telling them they have Covid19
  • wankers licking their hands then touching fruit and vegetables in shops
  • tossers who panic buy - end of
  • dicksprings who think it is OK to go an vandalise the cars of working NHS workers in hospital car parks
  • National chief medical officer who spends all day telling people to stay at home to save life's but who then pisses of with her husband/family for two weekends at her holiday hom

2 people in a queue, from the same household, to get essentials, once a week. Hmmm. I don't do it, but I could live with it. Yes. :sofa:🤣🤣

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Waitrose where I live has a limit on the total number of people in the supermarket at any one time. As a result, if two people go in from the same household it takes up one additional space in terms of numbers of people. It is therefore causing a delay for the long queues around the block!

The main issue I have with the 'number of deaths per day' reports is that they do not indicate the number of deaths on any one particular day. Yes, I understand that there is a lag on the reporting of deaths (most deaths recorded on a day actually occurred in the preceding days and sometimes weeks) but how hard would it be to produce the data showing the actual number of deaths on the correct day and update the previous days accordingly? After-all surely the 'experts' need the correct information to try to predict what is happening and therefore advise our government  accordingly.

2 hours ago, SFO said:

Waitrose where I live has a limit on the total number of people in the supermarket at any one time. As a result, if two people go in from the same household it takes up one additional space in terms of numbers of people. It is therefore causing a delay for the long queues around the block!

No Waitrose here, but the supermarkets are doing as you describe, hence my earlier comment.

5 hours ago, Bibs said:

The press are a complete pain. Day in day out they ask the same previously prepared questions at the daily briefings just wanting to trap someone for that all important sensational headline. What is it with the press these days, always wanting someone to apologise for something.

As for the BBC, how hypocritical is it of them to be now singing the praises of the NHS when, for the past 2-3 winters they’ve done nothing but slag the NHS off. Complete waste of space reporting and reporters working for a two faced organisation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tim_marra said:

Two people together in one shop, and shopping for one household means a longer queue for others who are less selfish and try to think of more than themselves. A trait sadly lacking all too often in this lockdown.

The Asda where we shop doesn't work like that. We are very efficient as a couple while we move around the superstore filling our trolley and as @Bibs has described we are also very efficient at the checkout. We've had years of practice at this and we don't want to be in there any longer than necessary.

I can understand what you are saying for shops that operate in the way that you describe but that doesn't apply here. :)

Edited by mg4lotus
typo
  • Like 1

For ,me the big problem with the graph is that it's linear not logarithmic. The biggest statistic that seems to matter is how long it takes for the previous figure to be doubled, so how long between the number of people infected in a day (that number being n) and the number of people infected in a day to be twice that (2n), or similar for deaths etc. That doesn't really work on a linear graph but does on a logarithmic scale, the trouble is that it's less likely to make people really scared so that' the only reason I can guess at the DM not using a logarithmic scale.

Re 2 people per trolley vs 1, it depends how they act whilst shopping, if they keep together then it helps at the checkout and makes no difference in the store, if they both go their separate way whilst shopping (or one moves ahead and the other dawdles) then it's probably a hindrance. There might also be a "problem" that the checkout shield may not be very wide (don't know, haven't been in a supermarket since about 20th March).

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Sparky said:

Frankly, I'm sick to fkn death of armchair experts and keyboard warriors determining what's right and wrong.  I'm shit at shopping, and my wife has been absolutely terrified at the thought of it to the point of panic attacks, so I went along for emotional support.  Anyone want to pick the bones out of that?  Get a fkn grip; we're all stuck with this shit and don't need the additional aggro of petty arguments over minutiae.  You don't know individual circumstances, so you're not qualified to comment.

This virus and it's effects are beginning to bring out the worst in good people, rightly or wrongly. People being dobbed in for the most innocent of things such as visiting friends and family. This may be justified but it's beginning to tear the social fabric of being human. I wonder how much longer the masses can take before it breaks apart; 2 months, 4 months? I may wonder but don't actually want to find out.

Yeah, I shouldn't have watched Contagion tonight. It's on Netflix now if anyone wants to share in the misery! 

Signature not working...

2 hours ago, Sparky said:

Frankly, I'm sick to fkn death of armchair experts and keyboard warriors determining what's right and wrong.  I'm shit at shopping, and my wife has been absolutely terrified at the thought of it to the point of panic attacks, so I went along for emotional support.  Anyone want to pick the bones out of that?  Get a fkn grip; we're all stuck with this shit and don't need the additional aggro of petty arguments over minutiae.  You don't know individual circumstances, so you're not qualified to comment.

Alternatively you do the shop while the Mrs stays home? It's not rocket science.

• Gold FFM

The rules here in Australia are pretty much the same.

I have not heard that two people can't go to the shops together if they come from the same household. If I can go down with Liz, we already know what we want, it's on a list, and the sooner we are out the better. She has just had her second hip operation. If I am challenged on it, I will stand my ground. You don't like me with her? If the police issue me with a fine, then I suppose I'll have to wear it.

My son in Melbourne is allowed to go and see his girlfriend, or she can come to his apartment. The government realised that stopping partners was not in the best public interest.

I agree with @Sparky. I think just about everyone on here is doing the right thing. Seeing what I saw on our News tonight of a non-Australian appearance couple buying lots of tins of baby formula with nothing else in their trolley and the altercation that ensued, I don't want my wife on her own near any of that kind of crap.

I still think that things are going to get worse before they get better. (Glass half empty, I know)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)