Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 78 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Just now, Bazza 907 said:

. Personally I hope the press keep on at him until Boris is forced to do the right thing.

Is that the role of the press now then, to become Judge, Jury and Executioner!

There are more than 1 person claiming to have seen him or, as one suddenly changed his story when things blew up, claiming to have seen someone who looks like him.

I’m not saying what he did was right, his argument is very weak in some areas, but the media can not be allowed to continue behaving in this way just because they have it on for him, as they have done for quite some time.
The media just about got away with murder over Caroline Flack didn’t they?🤔

Just seen Alistair "remainer/war monger" Campbell on TV. A spin doctor who sent young men to their deaths under false pretences and lost Brexit complaining about a spin doctor who engineered leave making a journey. I'm sure he is not biased at all.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Not just the Press asking for him to be removed a list of conservatives MPs, one tendered his resignation as the Secretary of State for Scotland and sure there will be  more to follow.

10 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Not just the Press asking for him to be removed a list of conservatives MPs, one tendered his resignation as the Secretary of State for Scotland and sure there will be  more to follow.

Junior Minister of State for Scotland 

12 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Possibly those same Tory MPs who have always wanted rid of him because they fear that he has more influence on Tory politics than they do. There has always been an element within the party who are uncomfortable with his role.

If  DC were to go for any reason, for me ti should be because of the outright lie that came from no10 that he didn't make the subsequent trips. If he's advising no 10/ Boris, then there has to be accurate info from him to that part of government and truth from it to the public (save for such things as a clear need to conceal for state security or something).

• Like 1

@andydclements - I agree with you, his one truly sackable offence, that must mean instant dismissal, is if he has told barefaced lies to the PM re his trips. In his role, not being truthtful to the PM makes his role untennable.

I watched Andrew Marr at the weekend. I usually have quite a bit of time for him. But his interview with the Transport Secretary was a shocker. Andrew Marr looks like he was telling as many lies as DC. His quotes were wrong. His "facts" were wrong. And he was clearly on the back foot when challenged. So unlike him. Also it was a clear hijacking of the Transport Secretary who seemed to have been lured in under total false pretences.

I thought Marr, like Neil, was above all that.

Shame really.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, red vtec said:

Just seen Alistair "remainer/war monger" Campbell on TV. A spin doctor who sent young men to their deaths under false pretences and lost Brexit complaining about a spin doctor who engineered leave making a journey. I'm sure he is not biased at all.

Now he fits absolutely perfectly with the BBC.

this is frankly all getting stupid now. The actions of the MSM are basically highlighting the concept lock down is irrelevant to the most stupid in society and to crack on regardless as this bloke over here has done this.

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, Bibs said:

That is a bit strong, but I think with good reason. Beggars belief that he's still got a job the cretin! 

Let’s be very clear - they kept Jimmy Saville in a job for a very long time - and they knew !

Only here once

Peston did get short shrift from Hancock today. Anyway I guess attention will soon turn back to schools re-opening on Monday. There’s been a lot of questions about safety of staff, children and their families, but what I don’t understand is why we don’t already know all this from the other developed countries who have already been through this stage a few weeks ago. Surely we now have the data on what works best? To be honest, we have it very easy in that respect. Or will the Powers-that-Be think they know best and go their own way?

I'm with Brendan O'Neill on this one -

Dominic Cummings broke the lockdown? Good

The hysteria over his trip to his parents' home is driven by nothing more than Remainer revenge.  Etc. Etc. ....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Buddsy said:

If people feel the need to social distance well thats down to them. If people want a hug thats fine with me.

I recently read a very sad article about people who thought that the coronavirus was a hoax. They then went on to catch it and were hospitalised (or worse):

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/stories-52731624

Unfortunately, the article is on the BBC so you will probably ignore that too. 

• Like 1

Buddsy, it's just that we care about you and others.

Statistically, you're likely to be OK if you were to contract it, it's just that you may pass it in on to others who are less sure to be OK (I don't think the scientists have identified a group where it's more than a 50% chance of dying).

But if you don't trust the BBC (well, cannot disagree there) then here's a fact-checked one.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/covid-19-denier-die-from-covid/

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1