Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 8 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

All football’s off now. If it never gets completed, we could be in the strange situation that Liverpool remain European Champions (a competition they’ve just been knocked out of), but are not crowned Premier League Champions (a competition they’re leading by a country mile).

• Gold FFM

Double-edged sword for me.  I couldn't give a toss for football, so Yaaaay.  However, the MIL who, despite my best efforts, still lives with us, loves her footie and it keeps her the hell out of the way.  Now she's going to be at a loose end and wanting to interact or something, so Booooooooooooo.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

1 minute ago, Sparky said:

Double-edged sword for me.  I couldn't give a toss for football, so Yaaaay.  However, the MIL who, despite my best efforts, still lives, loves her footie and it keeps her the hell out of the way.  Now she's going to be at a loose end and wanting to interact or something, so Booooooooooooo.

FTFY

• Haha 2

Margate Exotics.

I'm so glad the humour returned to this thread so quickly!  Now, I'm wandering around the place looking for a really fit, great looking MILF, around 35, who is coughing and fancies a good old fashioned snog!  If I'm gonna get it I want to get it early whilst there is some civilisation around to care for me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Stuff it, I'll take sloppy seconds.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

2 hours ago, PaulCP said:

It would help no end though if we didn’t have so much mis-information and mis-reporting of the facts by the media in their continuous attempt to have that sensational headline.

The BBC are in their element again now though, god how they’ve missed brexit. They've now found something else that they can continually repeat and invite self proclaimed experts in to the studios to be asked never ending inane questions.

I tend to hear news about Covid 19 on BBC radio 4 news in the morning and in the evening. I find it very informative and accurate. Evan Davies asks incisive and thoughtful questions about real situations. Very good!

We don’t seem to hear anything about the current situation in China anymore, apart from the fact they now seem to have it under control and new cases have dropped to daily single figures. As China seems to be coming through the other end of the crisis, it would be interesting to know whether the final infection rate and death rate was anything like the 80% and 1% being talked about?

is the lack of news about China due to the fact that it doesn’t fit with the media’s current agenda?

I’m not very good at this panic buying malarkey. I just popped out to Asda for fuel and went into the supermarket whilst I was there to join the hordes. I came back with one pack of spaghetti, one pack of fusilli pasta and a single jar of pasta sauce. Total price £2.69.

In fact I nearly didn’t come back at all. Everyone seems to be driving like zombies already. I nearly got T-boned by a couple of dizzy Sharons in a Corsa, who pulled out of a side street without looking, just as a big Audi was coming the other way. Fortunately my evasive action and the sharp braking of the Audi driver saved the day.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, mg4lotus said:

I tend to hear news about Covid 19 on BBC radio 4 news in the morning and in the evening. I find it very informative and accurate. Evan Davies asks incisive and thoughtful questions about real situations. Very good!

I listen to Radio 4 a lot - there is some good insightful proper journalism on there. I think @PaulCP was referring to a lot of the utter shite hyperbole that the so called BBC News propogates via the BBC1 TV station etc. I may of course be wrong though. But increasingly if I watching the "news" on TV it is ITN news that I watch!

@LotusLeftLotusRight - I'm becoming an expert at it - just got a dozen more Mini Egg easter eggs for 75p each. That'll get me through the weekend. Who needs Pasta or rice?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

11 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

@LotusLeftLotusRight - I'm becoming an expert at it - just got a dozen more Mini Egg easter eggs for 75p each. That'll get me through the weekend. Who needs Pasta or rice?

I've been trying to get Asda Rice snaps for several days and there is none on the shelves, but they do have Rice crispies (a lot more expensive)

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I think @PaulCP was referring to a lot of the utter shite hyperbole that the so called BBC News propogates via the BBC1 TV station etc.

Correct :thumbsup: 

They have to fill their 4 times daily long slots with some sh!te otherwise they would be compelled to actually making TV programmes. But then again, when they do make TV programmes they are usually sh!te anyway :wallbash:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I'm so glad the humour returned to this thread so quickly!  Now, I'm wandering around the place looking for a really fit, great looking MILF, around 35, who is coughing and fancies a good old fashioned snog!  If I'm gonna get it I want to get it early whilst there is some civilisation around to care for me!

Too late already 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

The only way to avoid infection is true total isolation (assuming you are not already incubating it) which for most people is not practical or even possible

I think care homes / old age homes should implement a total lock down for all visitors as their residents are going to fall like nine pins if / when it gets into them. You should also consider and discuss this with any elderly relatives as to whether you actually want to visit them at the moment. You can still go and cut the lawn or other things that don't require close contact, but watch out for the handle on the cup of tea !

For the rest of us under the age of 65 and generally healthy - you are probably going to get it and quite possible may not even notice it.

The death risk is very skewed towards old age

2 hours ago, Neal H said:

We don’t seem to hear anything about the current situation in China anymore, apart from the fact they now seem to have it under control and new cases have dropped to daily single figures. As China seems to be coming through the other end of the crisis, it would be interesting to know whether the final infection rate and death rate was anything like the 80% and 1% being talked about?

is the lack of news about China due to the fact that it doesn’t fit with the media’s current agenda?

I think it is going to take a while to truly understand the data and what it means

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
12 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

A lot of them have already done this. I know because I tried to go see @Barrykearley and was told to bugger off by his nurse!

I’m kicking myself I never bought this the weekend now. A real lack of foresight 

https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalogue/lot/569f6d46d455d99a9ba2f6ca6d6e0458/0af8d24542e81eb9357e7ef448a6646f/vintage-and-classic-cars-to-include-many-ford-mk-i’s--lot-258a/

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Only here once

4 hours ago, Sparky said:

Double-edged sword for me.  I couldn't give a toss for football, so Yaaaay.  However, the MIL who, despite my best efforts, still lives with us, loves her footie and it keeps her the hell out of the way.  Now she's going to be at a loose end and wanting to interact or something, so Booooooooooooo.

She could try Lego😜

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

1 hour ago, gregs24 said:

For the rest of us under the age of 65 and generally healthy - you are probably going to get it and quite possible may not even notice it.

The death risk is very skewed towards old age

Just think of all those unlucky sods who get it just 2-3 days after their 65th birthday. They are going to be really p!ssed off knowing that if they’d got it 7 days previously they’d be ok but now it’s touch & go 😠

• Haha 1