Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 95 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

The non masked workers are picking up all the Covid 19 on the floor as part of the MFG process !!!   One case where wearing a mask is a gamble to your health !!  😧

8 minutes ago, Clive59 said:

Not by much possibly. Your previous link, here: https://jbhandleyblog.com/home/2020/7/27/lockdownlunacythree

made for interesting statistics, and others have similar lines of thought. And the spike in Australia is probably seasonal too, so it will get worse before it improves. Sweden may well have been right and imposed much less damage on their people, both psychologically and economically. And how many people in UK have missed on being helped with other more serious medical issues, and hence shorten their life spans? Seems to have made it much worse for the majority rather than screen the minority and keep everything as normal as possible. If we had the mentality of staying at home if we have cold/flu symptoms, instead of soldiering on regardless, there may well be far less general spreading of corona viruses on the whole.

If a group of people on an Antarctica Research Station, after many weeks isolation suddenly have a serious outbreak of flu, what is the mechanism that caused that? How the hell can the world get rid of CV-19, it can't, and has to adapt, but in a realistic manner.

Might have worked if we had the ability to test in volume anywhere in the country early enough and the capability to trace contacts. This is what South Korea did so they didn't need a national lockdown. They learned from SARS.

We had neither in place and barely have it now. There was no real choice but lockdown at the time.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

As far as I can see, Belgium is top of the pile, followed by the UK and Spain, Italy and Sweden, although these figures change by the day. So the 'bold' Swedish approach didn't work.

Surely that means that the "bold" Swedish approach has had the same effect as lockdown?

Wasn't lockdown  to "Flatten the curve" and "Save the NHS". To this end Nightingale hospitals were constructed - and then not really needed as the peak had already been reached by then. the curve looks remarkably similar to Sweden's - not flattened at all, so was the lockdown necessary? It seemed to have been called in the UK when the figures of 500,000 deaths was raised, which no government wants to have laid at their desk, and really had no alternative but to call for a lockdown.

I did notice that the media seemed to be revelling in the daily death rate - that seems to have switched now that the death figures have dropped, and they are now concentrating on the number of new cases a day - irrespective of how many people have been tested. There has been no questioning, by the media or opposition parties. How many in Hospital? How many in ICU, How many recovered? etc.

I can't think of another time when the well have been quarantined, and if you are under 40, you stand more chance of being killed on the road than dying from this virus.

I think that the government and it's advisors are so sold on the lockdown and the subsequent measures, that to backtrack now is next to impossible for them as so many reputations are on the line. The solution they seem to be desperate for is a vaccine, so they have to keep on bigging up the situation until this arrives. Once there is one, my guess it will be announced that everything is fine now and that you can all go back to normal - except that the economy has tanked - possibly for no reason.

I wish that the government would be honest with us, but pigs might fly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

@pete I think his test was inconclusive so he is isolating and will probably be  tested again.

Positive

• Sad 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

That's a shame. Perez is good for F1.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

4 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

There was no real choice but lockdown at the time.

Looking at the numbers, it was nowhere near the catastrophe that was made out, and the modelling that was used, was sourced from a previously erroneous modeller, which did not have a good track record. If other, more realistic models were considered, a very different outcome could have happened. This is a long listen, but covers a lot of ground on what, where and when, and what the science is.

• Like 1

On 26/07/2020 at 10:45, sailorbob said:

Surely it's not beyond the wit of someone to analyse the data , look for an upward trend and if there's a projection that the rate of infection is going to be larger than is acceptable to only then advise that quarantine will be imposed in X number of days.

Apparently it is beyond the wit of our government; I saw on the news last night that they are going to increase the frequency at which they review the infection rates in other countries from every three weeks to weekly now  :wallbash:

• Like 1

Interesting update in the Sunday Times re the Julie Virus. No idea of its providence though.

A team in the epicentre of the world's coronavirus pandemic now claim the work was vital to understand how to tackle a then hypothetical COVID-19 outbreak. However, the experiment was disowned by large parts of the world's scientific community as insanely dangerous. Investigations have revealed that a shortage of appropriately trained technicians and investigators in the lab at the time of the experiment is likely to be responsible for the outbreak, the Sunday Times has found. 

Laboratory leaks are not uncommon, and have not only been found to have occurred in China. Both Ebola and the fatal bat disease Marburg, which kills nine out of 10 people infected, previously escaped from BSL-4 laboratories in the US.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 16/07/2020 at 03:14, ramjet said:

Schlong thong?

----------------------

On the mask thing, yes the inside of your eye sockets is a mucous membrane, but it pales into insignificance to the mucous membrane square area that is exposed to potential infection via your nose, mouth and lungs.

So, if you maintain distance from people as much as possible and wear a mask, the likelihood of contracting C19 via your eyes as the infection point, would be extremely low.

Until you tear up and some of those tears go down those little drain holes in the corners of your eyes and drain into the nose (that's why you have to blow your nose when you cry).  This can then take virus particles into the respiratory system.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM

On the plus side - Hong Kong riots have ceased. Millions have been plunged into debt. Folks made to go cash less. 

all in all - a massive success for some

• Like 1

Only here once

On 30/07/2020 at 12:42, Kimbers said:

Cyprus have now said it won't accept UK residents on holiday unless they have a valid negative Corona Virus test from no more than 3 days before they arrive. 

Jet 2 has since cancelled all flights to Cyrpus until mid August. 

Yet here we are saying we think Spain is a risk.....laughable really. We were worse than most countries put together!

Part of the reason for Cyprus doing this is due to their lack of ICU facilities, they cannot afford to have a big hit as they do not have the facilities. 

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Yeah @Kimbers but the Spanish only wanted the holiday pound and did not care about an increase in infections.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Well who’d have thunk it. Made it through the night I’m afraid.

As a means of future self protection I shall now start carrying round a chip and pin machine  since the Government are obviously keeping it secret that these wee machines provide full protection.

Only here once

The official guidance @Barrykearley is to lick your finger before and after entering your PIN number.  Safety first in these strange times...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The small print.