Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Goodwood Festival of Speed 2021 - Page 5 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2021

pete

• Gold FFM
On 26/06/2021 at 05:30, exeterjeep said:

Another update from the FOS this evening., 

Worth noting that for those who have both jabs:

• Please note: vaccine cards issued at vaccination centres are not an acceptable form of proof of vaccination.

That's odd, isn't it? I would have thought the official vaccine card was official?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Perhaps they need something that can be quickly scanned by a hand held device at the entry points ? We have NHS letters and they both have bar codes. The downloaded pdf from the NHS app also has a scannable code.

• Gold FFM

Entry tickets arrived today but no sign of the Performance Parking pass.

Then I discover an email that had slipped in under the radar yesterday telling me that "due to a system error these tickets have been oversold".

So they've cancelled that part of the order and are giving me a refund which will not go a long way towards repairing any damage the car receives parked in the main public area. Call me paranoid if you like, but last time I was there I came back to find another car about 6 inches away from my then 2-month old Alfa, so close that I had to get in through the passenger's side then when I pulled mine forward and got out I find that they'd overcome the lack of space by slamming their door into mine and gaining an extra inch or so that way, :realmad:.

I've replied to their email expressing my disappointment but I'm not holding my breath.

2 hours ago, Alfa2Evora said:

got out I find that they'd overcome the lack of space by slamming their door into mine and gaining an extra inch or so that way, :realmad:.

I'm assuming you took down their details, photographed the damage etc, and left them a note under the wiper with your details reminding them to do the right thing!  Either that or just sat on their bonnet waiting for them to return. 

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

That's seriously poor form. Can't believe they can't manage ticketing numbers in their ordering system, especially as the parking is likely to be a deal-breaker for a lot of the people who would pay for the supercar parking

• Like 1

Hmmm - not sure about all this excitement about the car parks.  I go early.  Even then the queues around Chichester and near the Goodwood estate are horrendous.  The prospect of keeping any sort of convoy together I would have thought would be zero.  Many roads are closed and turned one way so people approaching from different directions get no choice about which car park entrances they use.  The pleb car parks where I go turn into dust bowls if its dry.  They are vast and at least a 20 min walk through the golf course from the Entrance.  The start line entrance is a 20 min walk from the F1 paddock past the house and a further 20 mins or more if you want to get up the hill to the rally stage.  I don't know anyone who spends any voluntary time in the car parks despite the distinctly average to stunning contents - its just head down and march on to get inside.  I'm sure the paid for car parks will knock some walking time off, though not once inside the venue.  Whatever you do don't leave a soft top down or window open or your car will be full of dust on your return - unless its raining in which case obviously sodden - there's always some to point at when returning late in the day.  Expect an hour or so delay at the start of your journey home as you try to clear the area as the traffic will be awful - so don't take a car that's not happy in traffic queues.  Other than getting there and out again...I've always had a great time!

• Like 2

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

5 hours ago, MPx said:

They are vast and at least a 20 min walk through the golf course from the Entrance.

I would also imagine that getting in will take longer, as apart from the tickets getting checked/scanned, they will be checking covid stuff and also photo id, and doing this for each person. It could be a bit like picking the wrong queue at the supermarket, could end up being behind some who have not got all that is required and then the arguments ensuing.

• Like 2

I’m going in my daily driver. I can’t think of anything worse than having the family squashed up inside a sports car as I get more and more frustrated with the traffic congestion. They can stretch out and play with their phones  and Nintendos. I will just simmer gently at the wheel and think about the Emira waiting for me at our destination.

• Like 1

We are coming in the wife's evoque - so we can share the driving  - will not be parking anywhere special - have got the LR app so can we can find the car again in the car park. She has only sat in my car once and has not driven it or the previous Evora either.  She gets bored - especially queuing , so not sure how long we will be there, had suggested I'd leave here somewhere shopping.

On 29/06/2021 at 02:12, ramjet said:

That's odd, isn't it? I would have thought the official vaccine card was official?

They are very easy to fake though. The NHS App (and subsequent letters) are linked to the recipient's medical records (so are much, much harder to forge/fake).

Just reminded myself of the last time I attended FOS. It must have been about 2006. I booked a Friday ticket and sneakily combined it with a visit to a customer, so that my company didn’t know. Being stuck in the traffic on the way in wasn’t so bad as I was directly behind a Ferrari Testarossa, so had plenty to admire in the stop-start traffic.

One other memory of that journey was being bored and activating the new fangled electronic parking brake on my Passat as I was crawling along. Big mistake. It was like hitting a wall and almost ripped the back axle off! I never did it again.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

The NHS App (and subsequent letters) are linked to the recipient's medical records (so are much, much harder to forge/fake).

NHS Scotland doesn't have an app, :angry:. I've received the 'Vaccination Status' letter I requested from them, but it doesn't have a barcode or QR code on it so here's hoping that it's still acceptable proof. I've emailed them asking (gave up on the phone queue after an hour) but so far no response.

If I travel the best part of 500 miles to get there only to be turned away at the gate, then @exeterjeep's prediction will be guaranteed!

On 03/07/2021 at 13:31, Alfa2Evora said:

NHS Scotland doesn't have an app, :angry:. I've received the 'Vaccination Status' letter I requested from them, but it doesn't have a barcode or QR code on it so here's hoping that it's still acceptable proof. I've emailed them asking (gave up on the phone queue after an hour) but so far no response.

If I travel the best part of 500 miles to get there only to be turned away at the gate, then @exeterjeep's prediction will be guaranteed!

If you are that concerned with it then it might be worth ordering some tests through the NHS I ordered mine and they came the next day. It’s free, and then if they don’t accept your vaccination record you can provide a (hopefully) negative test result. 

• Gold FFM

Thanks @Wake . I did just that a couple of days ago just in case.

I was most surprised and impressed that they arrived the next day too. Less impressed that they're made in China, :realmad: - haven't they done enough already with this pandemic? 

• Haha 1

Won tickets through work for Friday.

Got the app, will do an LFD test on Thursday as my second vaccine was 3 days too late for counting in this instance.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

My two weeks since the second jab is this Thursday.  Taking the test etc as I don't want this to Donald Duck me at the last minute...

15 minutes ago, Dobbin145 said:

Oh dear that's a bit of an own goal for a Chinese majority owned car company on a Chinese made Android 10 phone (Huawei).

Says not compatible with any of mine including a new android 11 alcatel. My google account says that none of my devices will work with it.

• Confused 1