Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Who will buy a 131? - Page 4 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Who will buy a 131?

PAR

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Beady said:

Tom - did you do this via a dealer? If so, which one? I asked to be put on the waiting list but nobody mentioned an actual deposit

Mine is with Bell & Colvill but I know Silverstone have also been taking deposits.  These are dealer deposits, as the factory deposit book hasn't opened yet.  You'll remember the Evora LE situation (I had an early deposit too) when the dealers all had to jump in to log them in the factory book on the day it opened. 

28 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

EMIRA - first production car that has inbuilt AI to snoop on the driver

Let's see what it looks like. Let's see how it sounds. BEFORE we right it off in any way.

I'm as excited as everyone else but these "will it, won't it, can it, does it" type of posts are just pointless. Same as all the other posts saying it needs ANG this, AMG that.  Bollocks to the lot of you as I actually believe the bods at Lotus more than all of you put together about what makes a great car, what makes a car look great, what makes a car sound great.  keep the faith :)

I am with you 100%.

23 minutes ago, jimichanga said:

It will sound like your Evora. Looks very nice in the tease shots, jnr Evija styling no worries there.

Is that really enough?

Yes.

1 hour ago, jimichanga said:

It will sound like your Evora

It will quieter due to the latest noise regs. Mine was a 2018 model so with the switchable exhaust (aka loud switch).

Also, if going for more mainstream then I bet they will make it a tad more socially acceptable in the noise area. I hope though I am wrong.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

@TomE - my biggest piece of wonderment with the Type 131 is what are they going to do with the cup holders!

No seriously. A true Lotus demands that only essential items are fitted, and those items that are not, need to be dual purpose at the least to justify their weight and inclusion on the Lotus.  So, as well as holding cups, what else will the cup holders do?

• Haha 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Plenty on here will swear the Evora had no cup holders, even in the S1!  But don't tell them Pike!

The small print.

• Gold FFM
28 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

@TomE - my biggest piece of wonderment with the Type 131 is what are they going to do with the cup holders!

No seriously. A true Lotus demands that only essential items are fitted, and those items that are not, need to be dual purpose at the least to justify their weight and inclusion on the Lotus.  So, as well as holding cups, what else will the cup holders do?

Well they broke that rule on the Elise too.  Mine had a cup holder, although I thought it was nice and minimalist.  I used it as a phone holder 😕

spacer.png

3 hours ago, TomE said:

Will it look like a junior Evija?  Probably.

Based on what I've seen and heard I'm happy to have a deposit down on an Emira and can't wait to sit in one at Goodwood.  It's then going to be a long wait to early 2022 for a car, but at least I can enjoy the Evora in the meantime.

I spoke to someone who saw a picture of a white one, not of the best image quality, but said it had Evija trickle down styling.  Makes sense with any marque to design that way.  New Honda's  styling ethos from NSX.  New Aston Martin Vantage has the Vulcan trickle down styling.

Edited by brightoncorgi

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

2 hours ago, Stirling_Villeneuve said:

can't wait to see it! 

Counting the days on my spreadsheet/diary.... As we get closer have to go to an hourly timer. May go to FOS assuming hotels etc are available.

We booked 8 tickets for FOS last yr for the Friday as a corporate jolly - i have been told they are valid for the same day this year - just awaiting formal confirmation....now need to get sorted with access to the lotus stand.😎

• Like 2

construction and property consultants : My company

1 hour ago, Beady said:

now need to get sorted with access to the lotus stand.😎

I’m sure that if you called any of the dealers and told them that you really, really want to buy an Emira, access would be arranged forthwith.