Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira GT4 - Page 3 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira GT4

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Blimey, pretty expensive.

Driving it won't be anything like the Emira we will be getting of course.

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Well, there will be a GT version in a couple of years. 

It will have between 430 and 450 HP but it doesn't mean I will upgrade to it - suspension might be too soft 😊

How have you got it on order when it has not been announced for released?  I thought there was currently "just" the First Edition for order, followed by the "normal" spec Emira V6 and I4 after that?  As far as i know the GT version is not road legal. Very happy to be proven wrong though.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

GT4 isn't road legal.  It's possible to place deposits for cars that haven't been launched yet, as I and several others did for the Evora and Emira.  I've got deposits placed for future cars too.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a bit puzzled by this GT4 spec, seems quite a lot down on power compared to field leaders like the 570S and the weight difference won’t be enough. Surely you can get more power for a race car. 

edit: Just realised that the McLaren is carrying about 200kg+ of ballast so that should do the trick, interesting to pit a 355hp 1200kg car against a 465hp 1600kg car. At this rate the Lotus may even get some ballast.

Edited by PAR

Um, I hope people don't start upgrading their V6 FE Emiras, for two reasons.

1. I think they should stay standard as they will be future classics
  2. I might not be able to resist once everyone else starts doing it

🥴

First UK GT4 race day?  Sounds like a day out to me.

Yeah, pretty sure there will not be a GT4 road car  - just a GT version with more power and perhaps some changes above and beyond the Sports Pack that we know about,

On 07/12/2021 at 09:00, steveoexige said:

https://www.simplysportscars.com/emira-gt4-available-in-australia/

Finally launched, deposits being taken in Oz. Shouldn't be long before Europe follows suit.

Looks like the best part of £160,000, I don’t think they will sell many in the UK at that price point when a 570s is less 

11 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Are you comparing a race car (GT4) with a road car (570s)?

No a McLaren GT4 570s race car could be bought earlier last year for well under £160 although not sure about this season 

You guys are forgetting EVERYTHING costs more in Australia. What's the FE Emira there, 75k pounds? It's something like 190k AUD, which is 102k pounds at today's exchange rate...

• 1 month later...

Still no announcement on team partners or race programs for the first year. The car being unproven. I did not really expect teams lining up at the factory with orders. Maybe now that Lotus Advanced Performance has been put in charge of competition we will have an announcement in time for the start of the european season.

• 1 month later...