Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

what while waiting for the next Porsche?

• Like 2

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Won't have long to wait then as with over 70 variants of just the 911 Porsche seem to add new models to the show room faster than Emelda Marcos added shoes to her wardrobe!

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

To be fair @C8RKH Porsche are rarely wrong-footed with their GT model additions & improvements. The base formula is that good & they do (eventually) listen to their customers in that niche. 

Agreed on the GT3/GT4 cars. I have always stated I have a lot of respect for the proper "sports cars" - GT, RS, Clubsports etc - that Porsche makes and their support at local and international level for motorsports. Most of the Porsche onwers I have met of cars like these are polite petrol heads and you can usually have a lot of fun and banter with them, all informed, and well intentioned.

Again, as I have said before, the "average" Porsche driver, just comes across as a knob to me!  :) So they get a choice of over 60 different variants of the 911 to choose from.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

What are everyone's expectations on the Emira?

• I'm guessing to see a better looking Cayman/Boxster. Lotus seems to be copying the same 4/6 cylinder game as Porshe.
  • It would be a shame if it wasn't considerably lighter than the Porsche.
  • I expect to see a much more livable interior than the Exige/Elise, finally a decent radio/nav solution, easier entry/exit so that the car akes for a better daily.
  • Real assets for me would be 4-wheel steering and active suspension, which would allow a much wider span between (not just) Norfolk B-roads and track circuits. Hey, Lotus was once the leader in inventing this! 
  • I would hate to lose any steering fell over the Elise/Exige.
  • Unfortunately I can't see Lotus getting the build quality, gaps and such quite up to Porsche level in one generation.

BIt of a shame they're directly targeting Porsches least selling model.

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

1 minute ago, TBD said:

I'm guessing to see a better looking Cayman/Boxster.

Hope not, I'd be out if it was.

I want something that looks like a Lotus should look. Leading edge design for it's time.

I want it to be lighter than the competition and to retain it's analogue advantage.

I want it to be 2 seat only, to improve the packaging and help with design and weight.

I would love a scaled version of the Evija interior. I love it's look and light and airy feel/touch.

Not bothered about panel gaps and as I have said before I have no issue with the build quality/panel gaps of my current Evora 410.

I want a targa top.

I sound like Veruca Salt!

• Like 2

The small print.

Apart from the Targa Top.......it sounds to me, like you’re about to find your perfect match! Go on get that deposit put down!😉😎

13 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Apart from the Targa Top.......it sounds to me, like you’re about to find your perfect match! Go on get that deposit put down!😉😎

No point swapping in my Evora for another with a fixed head. I can guarantee you the Emira will NOT sound as good as our cars due to the legislation changes.

• Sad 1

The small print.

I think this kills off that idea! The future is quieter and not just due to an electric motor or two, or three, or four, or....

The small print.

• Gold FFM

do we have any indication on L.E price yet?

• Gold FFM

I've been told £50k for 4-cylinder and £85k for V6, I assume with a reasonable base spec and then scope for options on top

I was told £55k and £75k currently.

This kinda makes more sense to me than a £30k-£35k gap, which CANNOT be in any way justified with just a different engine and gearbox, surely not.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Okay hear me out. I know this sounds kind of crazy and would contradict what some people have been told, but I am not sure if Lotus themselves (not talking about dealers) has officially stated if the I4 would be the lower end version. Maybe I am wrong.

Considering the rumor is the I4 comes with a DCT only and the V6 is manual or torque converter auto, most likely that from the current V6 range, is it possible that the I4 is actually the more powerful version of the car? I don't think this is completely unheard of in the car world. Didn't the Mustang have a I4 turbo version which was more powerful than the V6 entry level model at one point? Maybe they still do.

Is there an I4 that Lotus would have access to that would be suitable for actually producing 450+ HP reliably?

I know its super unlikely, but it does seem like a Lotus-thing to do.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

• Gold FFM

Do we know whether the engines are all going to be E-W or are some variants going to be N-S?

The reason I ask is that from the side view that we saw somewhere on here, the cabin looks to be more forward than is usual for a Lotus that I am aware of.

If that is the case and the I4, for instance, is compact and then it mates to a gearbox which is all quite compact, maybe the brings the Evija-esque air tunnels into play? That'd be nifty.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 10/05/2021 at 18:15, mg4lotus said:

Unless they build in an easily enabled noise button?

Which they had to drop from the GT430 and the latest Exige cars due to legislation. Hmm, how is that going to work then?

The small print.

On 21/05/2021 at 02:04, ramjet said:

maybe the brings the Evija-esque air tunnels into play? That'd be nifty.

Oh god, Yes please.

If I had a free engine choice, I might go for the 5cyl out of the RS3 - sounds amazing and good for high 400s HP with extra fettling.

Either way, being a turbo, the 4-cyl will have a lot of extra HP room but only if Lotus have built in a super driveshaft/gearbox that can take it.

Like I did with a couple of cars, could you unplug the lead in the engine bay of the Evora/Exige to have the car loud all the time?

If the Emira is a touch meeker and still have the valve open a bit later than optimum then surely this can be sorted with an aftermarket set-up.  Anyway, maybe we are worrying over nothing. 

8 hours ago, Evotion said:

If I had a free engine choice, I might go for the 5cyl out of the RS3 - sounds amazing and good for high 400s HP with extra fettling.

I'd go for a Toyota v6!

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

On 24/05/2021 at 01:20, brightoncorgi said:

I'd go for a Toyota v6!

I have to admit, I have never heard it! Inside or out.

All I do know is that my RS3 was auralgasmic but it was modified a touch (stock exhaust - but we are talking aout engines)

Ha, you know what... I clearly need to go out in a Lotus. Not been in one for almost 20 years!!!

Which one should I ideally go in to get the true flavour of a modern Lotus?

Bell & Colvil Surrey are my nearest dealer I believe. Certainly easiest to get to.

Umm, I will call them, might be able to get down there this week.

• Like 1