Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LIVE Lotus Emira Launch - Page 5 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LIVE Lotus Emira Launch

Bibs

Launch event was awful and mostly tedious.  Insincere presenters and barefaced lies. Like that woman is ever going to buy an Emira. Whole thing was dumbed down. Sorry to say the car was a massive disappointment for me too, nothing like the sleek, elegant proportions and clean lines promised by the teasers.

• Gold FFM
39 minutes ago, jimichanga said:

barefaced lies.

Which bit/bits was a lie? What evidence do you have, since the only Emiras are the ones you could see on screen, that allows you to say that?

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
33 minutes ago, jimichanga said:

Launch event was awful and mostly tedious.  Insincere presenters and barefaced lies. Like that woman is ever going to buy an Emira. Whole thing was dumbed down. Sorry to say the car was a massive disappointment for me too, nothing like the sleek, elegant proportions and clean lines promised by the teasers.

Lol, anyone who doesn't appreciate the Emira to that extent is bound to find fault in all other aspects of its launch. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ramjet said:

Which bit/bits was a lie? What evidence do you have, since the only Emiras are the ones you could see on screen, that allows you to say that?

I sometimes wonder whether some contributors are “on a wind up”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM
23 minutes ago, Evorasteve said:

It looks like an excellent evolution of the Evora, which is a fantastic drivers car. Personally I love the looks and I’m confident that’s this will drive even better than the Evora. We should all be proud of what our favourite car manufacturer has come up with!  Can’t wait to see it in the flesh.  

Evolution or revolution? I can only assume the whole platform has been designed from the bottom up with few if any direct adoption of Evora technologies, apart from the lessons learnt during its development?

• Like 1

why do i have to watch schmee to find out its £59,995 ?  or did i miss that part on the launch?

to get the price,  he is  a total BE i agree 100% ,, i had the sound down and turned it up excatly when he said 60k ,  catchpoles one was quite good along with rory from autotrader.. but no one else mentions price 

Red looks good on the config just missing gold wheel option 

he has some of the best camera angels tho 

Edited by andyj007

All we can do from that launch is assume. Thank God Jenson was there to confirm the Toyota engine and the 1400 kg. 

Emira needed all it's aero to withstand the chatty blather, we got no info on why this was not a Evora II and we should buy one.

But- pretty much as expected, the brand/marketer type are never going to let the engineers sell a car to us gearheads.  Most of the driver aids mentioned (as an option) are safety mandated here in the USA for an econobox.

Now off to view all the third party post-NDA videos by the enthusiasts "for the drivers" to seek out any details they might have been able to tease out. It is exciting to contemplate a new model. The Lotus USA website has naught on it but the launch video for the Emira, and my browser won't let me get to the UK site.

• Like 1

The thing for her me is that I've been really enjoying the whole new lotus strategy piece.  I feels like it's really well thought through how they are going to build their next gen of sports cars and compete.  It felt to me that hardly any of that came through.  You only get one go to launch that for the first time.

The interview on here with MW was far more compelling.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to the car and it being a meaningful step forward.

And seriously who takes a 72 out and doesn't look at the weather forecast and bring along some wets!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Graham Ridgway said:

And seriously who takes a 72 out and doesn't look at the weather forecast and bring along some wets!

Someone who like doughnuts and really knows how to drive! Sounded epic. I pee'd my pants.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

In French there is a saying: "mariage pluvieux, mariage heureux" (rainy wedding, happy wedding)
Hopefully it can be transposed to the Emira reception and sales!

I imagine (hope) your camera has proper seals like the high end DSLR?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, snowrx said:

Now off to view all the third party post-NDA videos by the enthusiasts "for the drivers" to seek out any details they might have been able to tease out. It is exciting to contemplate a new model. The Lotus USA website has naught on it but the launch video for the Emira, and my browser won't let me get to the UK site.

try the Aussie site - https://www.simplysportscars.com/lotus-cars/lotus-emira-sports-car/

I really enjoyed the launch, even got the family to watch it with me on the big screen instead of the laptop.

Not convinced about the Emira herself though... I do not doubt she will be a great driver's car and should appeal to lots of buyers, both old and new. But I had expected something a bit more special, I see too much Evora and not much to actually stand out. Not sure if this will be enough to get the big increase in sales Lotus is hoping for (along with most of us, no doubt).

I must admit I am biased, as I have a very strong preference for sharp, wedgy designs. Also I've become a grumpy old bar steward and find it hard to get excited about new stuff. Though I had high hopes the Emira could change that, I was really looking forward to the launch.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

14 minutes ago, Escape said:

I really enjoyed the launch, even got the family to watch it with me on the big screen instead of the laptop.

Not convinced about the Emira herself though... I do not doubt she will be a great driver's car and should appeal to lots of buyers, both old and new. But I had expected something a bit more special, I see too much Evora and not much to actually stand out. Not sure if this will be enough to get the big increase in sales Lotus is hoping for (along with most of us, no doubt).

I must admit I am biased, as I have a very strong preference for sharp, wedgy designs. Also I've become a grumpy old bar steward and find it hard to get excited about new stuff. Though I had high hopes the Emira could change that, I was really looking forward to the launch.

Funny.  I always LOVED the Evora rear - especially in the GT 430 trim with exposed carbon bumper etc.  I very much LIKED the side profile but always felt the front was a work in progress that had been forgotten.  Like the designer of the front had been fired, or died, or left and Lotus forgot to replace him/her/them.

As for the Emira, well... the Rear has yet to persuade me.  Its a bit Taycan (not a huge fan of its looks - the Audi e-tron is better IMO) and a bit too... ugh.  I can't put it into words.  The side profile especially with painted roof is HELLO!!! and the front, again with painted roof is MARRY ME!!!!!

So all in all i think Emira is a great piece of work.  If only it had kept the aggression of the Evora rear it would be a delight. 

As for the price... it is a steal!

I'll be all over it at Goodwood if i can even get close to it.  Now back to work... must bill more hours 🙂

• Like 1

I thought it was a decent launch.  The F1 Lotus - ah wow. So lovely to see and hear that. Brought back my youth and love for F1. Stunning. Didn't it look tiny compared to nowadays and the size of those rear wheels. Brilliant.

I have expressed my thoughts on the car in another thread. Looks stunning IMHO, power looks disappointing if true, and the 4cyl car is an absolute steal.

Coverage - hit and miss.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

14 hours ago, ramjet said:

That female presenter: "I'm gonna buy one. I think I'll probably go for the blue."

She is not getting an Emira and neither is Jenson Button unless he's given one. Over to you to prove me wrong.

• Gold FFM
28 minutes ago, jimichanga said:

That female presenter: "I'm gonna buy one. I think I'll probably go for the blue."

She is not getting an Emira and neither is Jenson Button unless he's given one. Over to you to prove me wrong.

Wow. I would not normally allow myself to get drawn into something like this.

Please read carefully.

You made the claim of there being lies. The onus of proof falls squarely on your shoulders.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Frankly who cares.

I for one am sat back watching. When the opportunity comes to have a try - then I do believe I’ll buy one. Gotta be a 4 pot turbo for me - which I know is auto - but that’s the way the worlds going.

• Like 1

Only here once